Babel...

lpgcavazos

Hello guys! I'm trying to plat Catherine and trying to remain sane at the same time lol.

Does anyone has any tips for conquer it? I've beaten altar stage, but I just keep sucking at Mehrir (or something like that lol).

Also I haven't played any of Rapunzel's levels... any tips for those too? 

EDIT* Sorry I just saw the other topic asking the same but I dunno how to delete this one :(

Edited by lpgcavazos

For the rapunzel levels, there is a video guide for every single level on the catherine wiki.  For the Babel stages a quick mind and patience is highly recommended.  You could try the 2 player version, I haven't tried it myself, but I heard its much easier than the single player versions.  If your getting stressed out, take a beak and do something else.

• Like 2

I'm still struggling with that one lol the Rapunzel stages are fixed, so all you need to you is watch videos and follow the steps. Babel is way more painful though. There are people who have found the possible patterns that may appear, but it's impossible to track them all with their solution. You should try doing it with 2 players, even if you control them both, it significantly reduces the number of steps you need to make it to the top and the patterns are somewhat less complicated. I'm in the same situation as you are, I've beaten Altar, but I do poorly at the other three, all I can say is good luck! :D

• Like 2

most of the solutions for the rapunzel stages can be applied to menhnir. conquer rapunzel and you will have a much easier time finding solutions for Menhir ^^

overall the best way to conquer babel is to learn the formations of each stage, theres actualy only about 5 different formations in about 30-50 steps iirc so it can be done.

Edited by Sun_emperor1
  • Like 1

Axis Mundi is pretty much next to impossible on your own (there's even a rumour that the NA/US version of the game is actually impossible to conquer due to the blocks falling much faster than they should when you START the stage) - the best tip for conquering Babel Mode for the trophy is to use 2 controllers or have 2 players. It is possible to beat them on your own (except maybe Axis Mundi) but you'll need incredible patience and fast responses (not to mention luck). Playing Babel in co-op cuts the total steps you must ascend in (approximately) half, so you'll have a far easier time doing this with two.

As for Rapunzel, you could look up the solutions on YouTube or you could try and brute force them (I'd recommend looking them up though, haha). Eventually it gets to a point where it becomes so complicated that there is only one combination of block movements that will get you to the goal.

• Like 1

I'm still struggling with that one lol the Rapunzel stages are fixed, so all you need to you is watch videos and follow the steps. Babel is way more painful though. There are people who have found the possible patterns that may appear, but it's impossible to track them all with their solution. You should try doing it with 2 players, even if you control them both, it significantly reduces the number of steps you need to make it to the top and the patterns are somewhat less complicated. I'm in the same situation as you are, I've beaten Altar, but I do poorly at the other three, all I can say is good luck! :D

Rapunzel drived me crazy lol. Too lazy to get the hole 128 stages at least I did half. Yeah I'm still stocked with babel :(.

Axis Mundi is pretty much next to impossible on your own (there's even a rumour that the NA/US version of the game is actually impossible to conquer due to the blocks falling much faster than they should when you START the stage) - the best tip for conquering Babel Mode for the trophy is to use 2 controllers or have 2 players. It is possible to beat them on your own (except maybe Axis Mundi) but you'll need incredible patience and fast responses (not to mention luck). Playing Babel in co-op cuts the total steps you must ascend in (approximately) half, so you'll have a far easier time doing this with two.

As for Rapunzel, you could look up the solutions on YouTube or you could try and brute force them (I'd recommend looking them up though, haha). Eventually it gets to a point where it becomes so complicated that there is only one combination of block movements that will get you to the goal.

If I thing Mehrir it's near impossible... I don't wanna know about Axis Mundi yet lol, need to learn some patterns to make things easier I believe. I can't do Mehrir with 2 controllers because I kill one of them, the stage is very reduced to do some movements, and yes, I believe I need luck, because sometimes I'm doing excellent then do some sucky move and ruin everything lol.

Edited by lpgcavazos

The two controllers way is imo the best way how to conquer this Atlus challenge.

And exactly what Kr1st0ph_212 said. Axis Mundi is nearly impossible to do solo as the speed of falling isn't determined by levels as in the other stages but due to glitch it's determined by STEPS you take.

So at 10 steps it falls at brutal speed.

Edited by SatoshiOokami
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

although the babel stages are said to be random, it's not quite. each level had a few variations and the occurence of variations is randomized.

what can help is watching youtube videos of other people's runs and recognise as many as you can. the 'edge' technique is very handy during the 3rd and 4th babel stages.

if you can do the 1st three babel stages, the 4th is fairly straightforward.

• 2 weeks later...

LAWL in Axis Mundi, I spent 2 months drawing up strategies to plan my next move (literally paused my ps3 and didnt turn it off), took about 150 pages of paper in implementing my final plan. It was like inception where I had to literally draw out a damn maze but in this case blocks. 

Cleared it but was it worth my eye strain (massive dark circles) and systemic hunger? NOPE

Care to share? :D

• 7 months later...

I've only just started really going into it and I've managed to do Altar and Mehir already, they're not that randomised at all because I saw patterns within the levels. It's quite ironic because it's not the last thing I'm doing in the game as I still have 50 levels of Rapunzel second tier and I got hard mode to do but it's possible, just challenging. 

I remember Mehir was a b*tch, only tip I have is to keep trying, as the levels are completely random, I got it long time ago so I don't remember if I did it with two controllers or not, I think not, anyways just try it both ways and see how it goes, learn the patterns and you will eventually conquer it ;) . As for Rapunzel you can go to youtube and watch a guide, they are short and some of them are super complicated so I recommend doing so. Good luck, and have fun! xD

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Mehir was a b*tch, only tip I have is to keep trying, as the levels are completely random, I got it long time ago so I don't remember if I did it with two controllers or not, I think not, anyways just try it both ways and see how it goes, learn the patterns and you will eventually conquer it ;) . As for Rapunzel you can go to youtube and watch a guide, they are short and some of them are super complicated so I recommend doing so. Good luck, and have fun! xD

Axis mundi is the one where you go insane lol 

Ah, Atlus' Catherine. 1 of only 3 games I suspect that I'll never platinum (alongside Mirror's Edge and One Piece: Pirate Warriors). 

If you manage to take your time, submit yourself to the grind that is watching each Rapunzel puzzle video in sequence, you'll be much better prepared for Mehnir and Obelisk's puzzles. Altar is too simple for it's own good, and Axis Mundi is glitched with no foresight of repair in any instance now that Persona 5 is on its release track.

My only advice for Axis Mundi would be to employ 2 of the methods mentioned above and mesh them together into a super-plan of puzzle solving. First, use the 2-player method. It cuts down the puzzles length significantly, and it also provides for easier movement (just remember that one trick to make room is to have Katherine hang off a ledge while Vincent moves blocks around for them). Second, pause using the PS Menu button every step or two to plot your course. 

• Like 2