Have you ever bought a game without having the Console yet?

DarknessKey92

Title sounds odd, but what I mean is, have you ever purchased a game on release even without having the console.

That to some sounds like a very stupid idea saying "Why would you buy a game you can't play?" or "why not just wait till the price drops?"

The price drops is true, but some games aren't that popular; so when they release them or Localize them here it becomes a limited time deal on copies.

Especially when it comes to Collector Editions.

I remember when Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector Edition ran out, then when people got theirs; some were re-selling them for 3 times what its original price($60/$54) was.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingdom-Hearts-Dream-Drop-Distance-Collectors/dp/B0083CJ2X8

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Kingdom-Hearts-3D-Dream-Drop-Distance-Mark-Mastery-Edition-Nintendo-3DS-2012-/115827477

$400 New?... :spank:

So I currently Have a couple of Games I Decided to Pre-order For my future PS4.

These are all games & Editions I really want:

I got MK X(PS4), Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, The Order: 1886 Premium Edition, Assassin's Creed Unity Collector's Edition, Batman: Arkham Knight.

Haven't Paid them off yet, but will eventually.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Yea I got Persona 4 Golden like a week before I got my Vita if that counts..  I don't see the point in buying the kind like you are for PS4 until you get it though, these games aren't going to be made in limited qualities.  It would make sense if it was something like a Tales game (these become extremely rare and overpriced in the UK very quickly).

I didn't buy my PS3 until the MGS4 bundle, by that point the system had been out for a couple years and a lot of games that had garnered my interest had dropped in price. So they might not have been purchased on their release date, but I had around 7-10 games before I actually got my system.

• Like 1

Yea I got Persona 4 Golden like a week before I got my Vita if that counts..  I don't see the point in buying the kind like you are for PS4 until you get it though, these games aren't going to be made in limited qualities.  It would make sense if it was something like a Tales game (these become extremely rare and overpriced in the UK very quickly).

That may be true with MK X, which thinking now they might make another Komplete Edition later.... :hmm: might have to cancel that 1.

As for Type-0 I don't know if they might make more, since it was strange enough it wasn't remastered on the Vita instead. So I'm just gonna a take my chances as it is.

For Dragon Ball Z: Xenoverse & Batman: Arkham Knight I'm currently waiting for a "Collector's Edition Announcement" which is why they are listed as regular versions.

But aside from that, my pre ordering them for release is so that I Can get them New & at a okay price.

Because as always people on Ebay/amazon will take advantage of the limited quantity & jack the price the way they did KH:3D.

SOmetimes people even get them in poor condition, and I like taking care of these kinds of things.

This may not be true with all Collector Editions, but I'm simply not gonna take that chance.

Almost all my PS4 Pre-orders are Collector's Editions of games I really want.

I would also Hope to Get A "HyperDimension Neptunia Victory 2 CE", whether it be a limited deal on NA when announced...is again Unknown, but since The first Victory did well who knows.

Edited by DarknessKey92

the title isnt odd and i fully get why ppl do it, because mostly they're not quite ready to change yet... actually many years ago buyin the games first was all you could do because systems unless pre ordered would sell out in an instant on launches so they'd have to have second launches effectively or even a 3rd wave but companies are fully prepared for launches and big demand now which is good... plus price drops are handy for both if wait abit...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I picked up WWF (as it was called at the time) Smackdown: Just Bring It! for the PS2 before I had bought the console. The game had just been released and it was in a supermarket on sale for £10 because they didn't have a box or cover for it. I was planning on buying a PS2 at the time anyway, so I figured it was a good opportunity to pick up a bargain of a game I was gonna get once I did end up buying a PS2.

Also, as a PS+ member, I had "bought" a large selection of Vita games before I owned one. I have also done the same with the PS4 offerings and I am yet to buy that console.

Edited by Stevieboy

I pre-ordered the new Batman and I don't have a ps4 yet once I saw the trailer I had to. There are not many ps4 games out I want yet so I'll buy one nearer the release date. I'm going to work on clearing some ps3 backlog in the meantime since its been pushed back to next year.

Yes. I was about to get a Vita, but I bought WipEout 2048 a month before because I found it on amazon for $25 when the Vita was still fairly new. I even bought a memory card (32GB) and a case (Pull n' Go Folio) to help motivate me to buy a Vita.

The Vita got me back into PlayStation gaming and WipEout 2048 is my rarest and first platinum! :D

Yes, more then once actually.

My Gamecube was bought almost 6 months after I bought both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0, I did it because back then I only bought games on stores around my country and no one had them, but I found them both new on a online store so I bought them.

When I bought my PSP I already had both GTA Liberty City and Vice City Stories as well as Darkstalkers Chronicles because I found them dirty cheap used.

I bought the Alan Wake's collector's edition for around half the price when the game came out, only bought my 360 almost 2 years after, already had Tomb Raider Underworld collector's edition and I believe at least one more game when I bought it too.

I might be doing the same soon with Bayonetta 2, I want the collector's edition because it comes with both games on a disc each, but I don't think I'll be getting a Wii U before the next Zelda comes out.