Have you ever bought a game without having the Console yet?

DarknessKey92

I can't think off hand of a scenario where I had done that.

I do remember buying GTA IV on my PC the day it was released, knowing full well my PC at the time wouldn't really be able to handle it, if that counts.  Ended up playing through the entire game averaging probably 15fps and dipping as low as the single digits in more intense spots.  Kind of nice to have moved on from trying to game on low-spec PC's lol.

Edited by DFailureK

Yes, very recently (last monday)

But it's probable an exception.

I bought DA Inquisition for PS4, however I know I will get my PS4 this sunday.

My parents stashed it away (even after I paid half) for a typical dutch holiday of Saint-Nicholas.

I bought it this week so I would be able to play a great game as my first official PS4 game

Actually that has been my tradition since my first console Atari 2600 in 2001, after the Atari 2600 my cousing sent me a game before he gave me a system the Sega Genesis and like that the tradition started, I buy games before the actual console, here is the list.

• Alex kidd in enchanted castle before the Sega Genesis - 2002 (my cousin sent me the game first, and the console second)
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King before the Playstation 2 - 2005 (my cousin sent me the game before my dad bought the system)
  • Pokemon Ruby before Gameboy Advance SP - 2005 (I saw the game in low price so I got it)
  • Pokemon Diamond before Nintendo DS - 2007 (I was going to buy both that day but i left my money at home so I could only buy the Game)
  • Grand Theft Auto 4 before Playstation 3 - 2010 (game was cheap)
  • Persona 4 Golden before Playstation Vita - 2014 (I knew the game was expensive at the time so I bought it when it was on sale)
  • Animal Crossing before Gamecube - 2014 (my dad found the game at his job, I  don't have the console but I plan to get it)
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby before Nintendo 3DS - 2014 ( I actually quit Pokemon for Hyperdimension but the Nostalgia was too strong but now I need the system to play it)

Yeah, back in the PS2 era a buddy of mine got me Tekken 4 before I got the PS2. We were crazy Tekken heads back then. I started that gen out, though, with the GameCube, but I knew it was only a matter of time till I got a PS2. We figure that if I had the game already in my possession that it would convince me to get the PS2 faster lol.

- I found a sweet deal on eBay and got Battlefield 4 and Zoo Tycoon fro Xbox One about a week or 2 before I got one.

- I found NFL Quarterback Club for dirt cheap at Savers long before I bought a 32X. I got it just because you never see 32X games floating around and because it was in the case with the manual and paperwork in near mint condition.

Not really. Not unless you count Pokemon Yellow officially being a Gameboy Colour game, but it still worked on the black & white versions so I bought and played it (and a few other games) on the older Gameboy for a year or two before upgrading to a Colour when Gold came out. With PS2 I had the console and games on the same day (Xmas present) but had to wait several days before I could save anything because I didn't have any memory cards. Same thing happened when I decided to use the backward compatibility and get some PS1 games, at the time it was really hard to find PS1 memory cards and I had to wait over a year before I could make any real progress on the games. 

So to answer the question, without the console? technically yes. Without being able to play them somehow? No, only with free IGC games never actually paying myself.

Twice officially.

I pre-ordered and purchased Ocarina of Time without owning an N64 and when I saw the trailer for FFVII I went and PO'd it without a Ps1. I them sold my Sega Saturn to my sisters boyfriend, cashed in a bunch of sports and magic cards and picked up my ps1 the next week.

I guess you could count the two dozen or so PS4 and Vita games I've "purchased" off ps+ And the ps store for free as well.