DLC's worth getting?

BrunzaSebenico83

As a general rule of thumb for myself: If I love the core game, the DLC is almost always worth getting. There are only a few exceptions where the DLC is drastically different than the core game but I don't think Sleeping Dogs is one of those games. If you really loved the core game, I'd say go for it.

I love Sleeping dogs, it was the first game i bought all extra content related to extra missions (even Zodiac Tournament with no trophies).

At this point i'm not sure if you're going to find it with discount because psn store already put that content on sale last year, many times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just got the 100% and I'd say as far as the story based DLC: "Nightmare in North Point" - Yes ; "Year of the Snake" - No

Nightmare in North Point was quirky and changed the gameplay up enough to warrant a release and playthrough.

Year of the Snake definitely falls into the category of pointless DLC and feels more like a money grab. It was boring, repetitive, and felt completely disconnected from the original game (besides the bonuses you unlock).

Unless you're dedicated to going for the 100%, stay clear of Year of the Snake...you're not missing much.

Zodiac Tournament and the other little DLCs that add the repeatable police & triad events to your map - Yes. The latter, only if you're going for the platinum. It provides unlimited opportunities to raise your police, triad, and face ratings...so you can pretty much unlock the bonus for each at the very beginning of the game. The Zodiac Tournament is short but pretty fun. It adds 2 more Stat Awards to get Silver and Gold ratings in that count towards the base game, so getting the related trophies becomes slightly easier.

Edited by merciful84

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Only get the DLCs for this game if you're a "completionist" like me and if a few dollars isn't a problem for your gaming budget. The DLCs was not too much joy. Nightmare was too repetitive I think... and they was too short. However your opinion/preferences might differs to mine... who knows.

• 9 months later...