PixelJunk Boss Battles are Fantastic!

PixelJunk Boss Fights  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about the boss fights in PixelJunk?

• Loved them! they were fantastic and inspired!
    • They were really awesome, not the best I've seen but still really cool
    • They were pretty good, but I've seen better
    • Didn't really like them, thought they were uninspired/lame/boring
    • Hated them, not my cup of tea at all

I picked up this game recently with PS+ and am having a whole lot of fun with it.

However, something that really excites me is how AWESOME the boss fights are! Without giving too much away, each boss fight uses the techniques and methods learned throughout that episode's levels... sometimes to spectacular effect.

My favourite (so far anyway) is Boss 5:

"Terra Kingpin" - had you dodging fire in water, avoiding flammable gas, weaving through tricky patterns of bullets, pulling the tail with the grapple and EVEN HAD A FLIPPING GALAGA MINIGAME INCLUDED IN IT!

Haven't seen boss fights quite as clever as this in a long time. I'm yet to face the final boss so no spoilers, but I'm sure it will be just as great.

Let us know what you think about the PixelJunk bossfiights!!!

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

I'm in the same situation as you liked boss 5. It showed memories from the galaga. It was awesome. But the game now in the final levels are scaring me. I have to light up the places so I can get the scientists and the treasures but the monsters attack me and its a bit scary. :(

• Like 2

When I first started the game it seemed really easy.  I was pleasantly surprised by how the difficulty level grew with each stage, along with new creative challenges. Finding the boss's weakness was one thing, but actually damaging them was another. Fantastic game all around.  Have fun with Boss 6 Fluffy, and be sure to collect all the treasures for the bonus level, it is worth the effort imo.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

First off I see this is an old thread. I started this 4 years ago and recently came back to it to finally get the platinum in it.

I just beat boss number 5 tonight and have to be in agreement here that it was a great boss fight. I to like the Galaga style mini game in it. The boss fights are cool.

Can't comment on #6 yet as I just started that episode.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...