How do you (few) owner's liking this game?

Big_Blue_Tree

Generally hate to see queries such as (what's this game game like), but I'll do it anyways haha.

Not many owners. To the point. The reviews for this game are pretty great. A masochistic platformer they say. Sounds challenging, I want badly. My kind of game. True retro, which I know many bemoan lately but even though I 've yet to get a PS4 or Vita, I'm hoping to see to see it on PS3. Don't want to play it on PC particularly.

Don;t expect much activity with a few hundred owners, but is truly challenging and "Nes-esque". This game's really piqued my interest, I have a weird fondness for brutal platformers so this will stay on my radar. Here's hoping the PS3 get's it. Not quite the swing needed to sway me to get a PS4, yet. Slowly built up a library of decent games offered via plus though, so no complaints. I digress.

To bulletpoint it-

Is the game as hard as they say (I hope) and generally how do you y'all like it? Thanks, if there's ever any activity beyond myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Late to reply, haven't gamed much lately.

Thanks for the responses. Especially HappyKastanie. Suppose I shoulda found that vid myself, but never seen that guyls vids. Really intelligent analysis, and from a gamer who looks almost a decade younger then an me haha.

Will keep this on my radar for when I do get a PS4 late this year, or early next. Price is a bit steep, but if it was available for PS3 I'd pay it in a second. Who knows, might be inmy growing download queue from PS4's IGC. At least it's not one those platformers that's hard just for the sake of being hard. Find it funny myself that games like this will likely push to me get a PS4 over the AAA's. To each their own I always say, or type.

Thanks all

• 8 months later...

Well I am one of the owners an I have 100% for the trophies. The game is quite fun, and definitely challenging, but not as hard as say.. SMB. It also has a unique feel, definitely NES-like but still unique in its own way. The difficulty comes from a mix of fast hands and memorizing the level and traps. Some of the later levels will have quite the elaborate traps to where the way through won't be obvious or even seem possible. 

Overall, I'm not really sure this game is worth $15, unless its really your thing. I finished the game in a few days, and once completed you can unlock all sorts of characters which actually have different gameplay, so if your willing, you could beat it with all the characters, although its not necessary for all trophies.

BTW, I would definitely get the PS4 eventually, its amazing and the good games are starting to add up.