Post your political compass results

CellarDarling

Just for fun/informational purposes. You can see where you lie on the political compass by taking the test on this site: http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Here's my score:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-10.00&soc=-7.64

For reference, here's the chart from the US presidential election in 2012:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2012

And just some widely known figures:

axeswithnames.gif

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Resurrecting another old thread.

We don't have many political topics on these forums, but we do often stumble across political posts in game threads, status updates, etc. Having read those, I think I can guess where some of the regulars sit on the political compass, but seeing the test results is better than assuming.

Here are my results. For some reason, I thought "I'm a liberal by Russian standarts, so in reality I might be closer to the center" before taking the test. Well, not really.

chart?ec=-2.38&soc=-5.13

Economic Left/Right: -2.38 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

• Like 1

personalised chart

Economic Left/Right: -7.25 

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

I get the feeling that this compass thing is calibrated on an American political sensibility, in terms of where the 'centre' lies.

In broad political terms, a European 'centrist' would be considered a 'leftist' by American standards, and an American 'Centrist' would be considered right-wing by European standards.

while I consider myself broadly Leftist and Libertarian, I by no means feel like a firebrand comparative to the general feeling of the centre-left consensus as it exists in my country.

Certainly not to the extreme extent that this thing seems to place me.

I suspect that it is the social issues more than anything else (which I feel rather strongly about) that tip the scales so far to the left - I certainly do wonder where this would place the average younger lefty - as many of them consider my old-ass to be a centrist relic of the past ?

Still, proud to fall on the side of the good guys ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

So... We are all lefties here? What's up with that? :P

All kidding aside, I thought this was a fun test to do. As someone else commented above, I also felt some of the questions were thought probably thought out with more of a US perspective or mindset as to where the left and the right are. Personally, I think both extremes are just as bad and that gathering the good aspects of both sides is what's really beneficial for everyone in the end.

h3yxNiu.jpg

Funnily enough, in my own country, I'd probably be classed mostly as a righty... Eh, I see myself more towards the center more than anything.

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

h3yxNiu.jpg

Funnily enough, in my own country, I'd probably be classed mostly as a righty... Eh, I see myself more towards the center more than anything.

Try working in a sociology department.

The slightest centrist inkling gets you pegged as a hard conservative. If you aren’t willing to accept that personal identity is the starting and endpoint of all evidence and truth and knowledge, and if you don’t believe that all public funds should be spent and debt borrowed infinitely, then you are a shunned, morally fraught, privileged character.

Oh, and if you don’t play well in the oppression Olympics, you actually can’t work here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alderriz said:

We don't have many political topics on these forums, but we do often stumble across political posts in game threads, status updates, etc. Having read those, I think I can guess where some of the regulars sit on the political compass, but seeing the test results is better than assuming.

Because politics and religion spark a lot of heated debates on internet forums, which is why a lot of places don't allow open discussion. I've seen a lot of it over the years.

Anyway, here's my results:

UYEW3ol.png

I'm almost practically in the same line as Gandhi. The OTHER four I cannot stand, we all know what Stalin and Hitler did in history so I don't need to go any further.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Try working in a sociology department.

The slightest centrist inkling gets you pegged as a hard conservative. If you aren’t willing to accept that personal identity is the starting and endpoint of all evidence and truth and knowledge, and if you don’t believe that all public funds should be spent and debt borrowed infinitely, then you are a shunned, morally fraught, privileged character.

Oh, and if you don’t play well in the oppression Olympics, you actually can’t work here.

Yep, that's a very accurate and at the same time scary description of most of the politicians and leaders in my country.

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1