Do you want a Separate trophy list or not?

x9zachattack5x

I really wanna get this game on ps4 because its really fun. I'd rather not have two separate trophy lists though. I'd like for it to be shared because that trophy list is thick. I'd rather playstation and rockstar to make it one trophy list like with borderlands 2 on the ps3/vita. Opinions, what do you think?

Edited by x9zachattack5x
  • Like 1

I really wanna get this game on ps4 because its really fun. I'd rather not have two separate trophy lists though. I'd like for it to be shared because that trophy list is thick. I'd rather playstation and rockstar to make it one trophy list like with borderlands 2 on the ps3/vita. Opinions, what do you think?

Although I can see why you'd prefer this, I don't see this happening. 

The reason some games are PS3/PSVita it's because they have cross save functions I think, the others who don't have it, just have 2 different lists (one PS3 and one Vita list).

GTA V for PS4 will be a different, graphically improved game, so a different list will be made. 

~IR 

• Like 1

I'm only going to get GTAV on PS4, it if uses the same joint trophy list as the PS3 (like Borderlands 2 PS3/Vita) because:

1) I don't like having two of the same games on my trophy list.

2) I wouldn't want to get to level 100 twice anyway.

3) I want to finish the rest of my GTA V trophies on PS4 with better graphics.

PS3 GTA V on release had massive glithes that handed out tons of RP, hoopefully PS4 version will be the same

The reason some games are PS3/PSVita it's because they have cross save functions I think, the others who don't have it, just have 2 different lists (one PS3 and one Vita list).

GTA V for PS4 will be a different, graphically improved game, so a different list will be made. 

~IR 

Graphics aside, its still the same game so I don't see why it should deserve a separate trophy set

• Like 3

~IR 

What this guy said. Shared playlists are reserved for games with cross-save and cross-play functions. That's why Borderlands 2 and Final Fantasy X HD have shared lists, because you can save the game on one system and pick up where you left off on the other. Unless GTA V on PS4 has the ability to cross-save with the PS3, you'll see two different lists. And I don't think it will be cross-save, I'm pretty sure that's meant to be used between a home console and the Vita, so that you can play at home then be able to play on the go where you left off if you wanted to. Doesn't make much sense to have cross-save between two home consoles.

• 2 months later...

~IR 

Improved graphics and maybe a few minor additions are irrelevant to it having a different trophy list or not. Since online progression carries over, I think there's a decent chance it will just share the same lists. Otherwise MP trophies would just pop without having to earn them. I know that's not going to prevent there from being 2 separate lists, but it's just something to consider.

Honestly, if it does share the same list then there's probably no chance I'll get it in the future. Even if there is a separate lists, I'm going to wait a long time if I even do decide to get it because I don't really want to buy the same game again, even if it does look prettier.

Edit: Just realized how old this topic is. That comment may have been posted before it was known that you could carry over Online progression entirely...

Edited by Jay_Cash

I think it won't get a 2nd list.

Tomb Raider and The Last of Us added Remastered/Definitive to their name.

Grand Theft Auto 5 didn't add something to its name.

Plus it's Rockstar they don't do you any favors with making platinums easy to get.(GTA4,GTA 5,RDR,Midnight Club,Max Payne). Your online character can be transfer over to the PS4. So I expect them to make it a shared trophy list. There's no need for double trophy lists.

Edited by Suicide_Tortuga

...How about some changes in the list (changing collectibles needed for a bronze trophy, for instance) and some new miscellaneous trophies (related to new Easter Eggs), or even harder multiplayer trophies (earn ALL platinum awards, grief-related trophies, own a chrome adder, be hated by the community for singing 100 times while having a shower...)

Kinda like Minecraft, but waaaaaaaaaaaaay more challenging xD