bolt glitch

Tomoko Kuroki

Just so you know, you're going to have to wait until NG+ to try the glitch again. You only get one attempt per playthrough, so now if you go back to the track, all the bolt crates will be gone.

I just made the same mistake earlier today.

challenge mode gives you more bolts as a multiplier or whatever it was, all i know is that it helps.

I used the good old rubber band, left it overnight and it worked like a charm :)

• 3 weeks later...

This rubber band thing sounds over the top. The way I'm going, I'm being way more productive doing 1-2 hour stints a day using the legit way.

• 1 month later...

i got a wrench, been trying to go through the wall again every couple of days and it never brings me through the wall anymore, i wonder if since i upgraded the decoy gloves, those dont work for the glitch, i ended up giving up cus I cant even go through anymore ..

You can only do the glitch once per save/playthrough.

• 2 months later...

there's an easier spot that doesn't require the glove

There is an even easier infinite bolt glitch that can be performed on Rilgar 

When you arrive on the planet, head to the left (the hydrodisplacer side) at the 3rd hydro pump thing drain the water, in the tunnel below use your taunter, it may take some walking round to find the exact spot, but when you do it gives bolts at roughly the same rate as the race track glitch does (with far less hassle biggrin.gif )

EDIT- Went back a 2nd time, and the glitch still works meaning unlike the race track, this can be repeated

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ratchet-and-clank-hd/184328-easier-bolt-glitch-repeatable.html

can anyone confirm that this glitch works with GOLD decoy glove ? Ive been trying to redo it for the past 3-4 months every coup[le days and I just CANT get through the wall anymore

Yes, it works with gold decoy gloves. Also, you can reach the race track with this glitch as many times as you want, only difference is, once you destroy the crates, they won't re-spawn in that gameplay again.

As for not getting through, my first time, I got in easily, but after that, I had to try 10-15 times to get in again, couldn't make the game glitch properly.

You should try that repeatable glitch though, it seems much simpler.

• 7 months later...

Vanilla's posted method certainly is easier.

OP already has the plat now, but for those that don't can try that method out too for themselves

EDIT: If you happen to have a wired third-party controller (non-Dual Shock 3), you can pull the controller out of it's port after you hold down O and the glitch will still carry on just with an on-screen message saying "Please connect controller number 1". I'd assume it could also work with any controller going flat, as long as O was held down before it went flat.  Just make sure you don't have a set amount of time of inactivity on your PS3 that would cause your PS3 to turn off :)

Edited by SkyesUnholy

• 4 weeks later...

You'll probably have gotten the trophy by the time you get all the skill points, if not a little grinding or a partial 3rd play through wouldn't hurt too much :)

partial third? straysheep87 reported that it unlocked for him on the middle of the fifth playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...