How to skip the skills animations?

huskies_hoops

Just like the title of the topic says I would like to know if there is a way on skipping the animation when you perform the skills? I have been playing this game for about 70+ hours (ps vita version) and I haven't found a way on skipping the animations. Any help is much appreciated thanks in advance :)

On the PS3 version, you didn't get the option to skip the animation until you've seen it a number of times -- the amount is different for each skill.  If they left this coding intact for the Vita version, you probably will be stuck seeing animations for most skills until you're late into the main storyline or even into the PostGame content.

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure you can skip all animations, but you got to unlock it. I'm not really sure how to unlock them, but it seems the more you use it the faster you unlock it. There also seems to be a varied amount of times required to do so, at least in my experience, but I could be wrong about this. I'm very unsure if it's a specific amount of times required per skill or just the total amount of time the skill animation has lasted. The latter would make the longer animations take less times to unlock the skip animation for, which would seem to be my experience.

Certain skills allow you to move and attack at the same time. These I used so often they unlocked rather quickly. In any case, these allow you to not waste a whole turn on just moving, but instead attacking while you do so. Very effective IMO.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For someone who had to put up with the hour and a half unskippable summon spells in Final Fantasy games...this is nothing :D

you mean like this one:

I think all the skills are skippable, given that you have used it number of times(which I think also varies on the skill)... lol... I am literally holding the R button the entire time I am playing this game... >_<

• 1 month later...

you mean like this one:

I think all the skills are skippable, given that you have used it number of times(which I think also varies on the skill)... lol... I am literally holding the R button the entire time I am playing this game... >_<

Yup, I'm pretty sure they are all skippable as well, they just aren't at first. I'm not sure how you unlock the skips, but it definitely has to do with usage. I also think because the lengthy ones never bothered me, that it has to do with the time the animation plays. Like when you've watched an animation for 1 minute, you can skip it, which would render it so that you need to watch the shorter ones a lot more before you can skip them, but that's not as bothersome, because they are short. Several ways to figure this out on though, but meh, don't wanna waste my time on it. :P