GAME shop UK

Sheld-J

Hi everyone!

Today I rang GAME UK customer services to get a beta code for Destiny which starts July 17th. I preordered Destiny with them but because they didn't have any more codes left in the store I had to get it from customer services. I spoke to a bloke on there and said " I've preordered Destiny and need a beta code please" he said that's fine and got me one without asking any details!

So if you haven't preordered but want to try before you buy, ring them and they will give you one no questions asked. Then all you have to do is register it on bungie and you will get an email at some point so u can get the beta for ps4 or ps3.

Thanks for reading hope this helps!

Sheldon

• Like 1

The UK legal definition of fraud can be found here.

Whether or not the definition would be satisfied if someone were to mislead GAME into giving them an access code would, to my mind, depend on whether you are "making a gain for [yourself] or another" or causing "loss to another or exposing another to risk of loss". Arguably, you are making a gain for yourself, albeit an intangible one.

I doubt the police or anyone else would do anything about it though. I would hope they have more important issues to deal with. 

OP clearly hasn't done anything misleading as he has pre-ordered the game.