Trophy Competiton Leaderboard & Smack Talk

HeyItsSpanky

End of the month, if I recall correctly.

Got three "very rare" trophies last night, so my score is looking a little healthier. Though I suppose it's kinda sad when I can double my score so easily in such a short period of time.

well, doubling your score is the least. puts you in a better position than you were in, but still not the winning position.

the thing is, the original thought was that the competitors wouldn't run out and buy DLCs for the fact of their rarity, but that seems to be a flaw that most seemed to use to their advantage. :ninja:

a flaw I'm sure will be fine tuned come next Competition. :hmm:

• Like 1

I ended up getting my Buzz Quiz World platinum, needed the two online invite trophies and had someone ask me to help them, so I was able to get that. I've had the game since it first came out so that was a nice platinum to get finally. That was unexpected trophies for the competition for me. I've been playing Fat Princess, I really like the game but have put it aside since I lost my game save to it twoce but went back to it now, I've had the DLC since it came out but I never put much time into it (had 1 DLC trophy before start of comp.)

Then I did a lot fo trophy cleanup. Got 1 UR and a few VRs from Digger, and the same with PAIN. I've had most of the DLC for Pain for a long time, I just never actually tried to do anything on it until now. Been at 7% for 3 years lol.

That's basically where my points have come from except a few points from Toy Story and Skyrim. I've been wanting to clean up a lot fo my trophies anyways, and I'd been doing that before the comp, this is really helping my overall, so that's a plus to me.

well, doubling your score is the least. puts you in a better position than you were in, but still not the winning position.

the thing is, the original thought was that the competitors wouldn't run out and buy DLCs for the fact of their rarity, but that seems to be a flaw that most seemed to use to their advantage. :ninja:

I was actually playing Dungeon Siege 3 before the competition and i have the trophies to prove it, lol... but i probably wont join the next competition for that same reason because i normally don't buy a lot of DLC packs unless i really like the game...

my wife has been begging me to play Fallout: New Vegas DLC (i have no idea why she likes Fallout so much)... i purchased most of them a while back but never played them so i started them last night... a lot of rare, very rare, and a few ultra rares... Those might give me a good boost... its actually nice because i haven't played a Fallout game for about a year or so...

Im going to keep playing the Back to the Future games though because those are AWESOME!!!

I've said all along that I never thought I could win and wasn't even going to bust my hump to do so. I just don't want to finish last.

Yes, the DLC issue is a massive flaw/exploit for this competition. It's almost like buying points/trophies. I've got ideas percolating in my mind about ways to tweak the rules for this sort of competition to make it a little more equitable.... and maybe in a few months I'll propose a variant on this and run the competition instead of participating.

Damnit, wish I knew about this comp before it started! Great idea. Tip for anyone who has the AC: Revelations DLC... get the trophies. I got two, and one of them was Ultra Rare 0.09%. Add me on PSN if you want someone to boost them with, can be done in Private matches. DJ_Keyser.

Damnit, wish I knew about this comp before it started! Great idea. Tip for anyone who has the AC: Revelations DLC... get the trophies. I got two, and one of them was Ultra Rare 0.09%. Add me on PSN if you want someone to boost them with, can be done in Private matches. DJ_Keyser.

Glad you didn't join otherwise I would be in second right now :P

haha advertising in the trophy competition thread for boosting opportunities. hehe Go DJ go!

Hahaha. Seems a bit sluttish, doesn't it. I got all the DLC trophies done now, so no need for me to boost, but if anyone in this comp needs someone for the DLC, let me know. ;P

Glad you didn't join otherwise I would be in second right now :P

Awesome job being in first, yo. My Aussie heart was quite proud seeing you at the top. On Australia Day of all days too! *bogan salute*

And just a little something for y'all consideration... My rarest trophies stash consists of the DLC trophies...

0.17%, 0.18% x3 and 0.19%. Tried copying and pasting that shit, but epic fail occured.

Jan 31st at midnight. Make sure you know hat timeline you are in! Midnight is EST (New York).

thats about 9pm to me... thats around the time that i go to bed on a work night anyway...

I have kinda given up... i don't have any games that i want to get involved with right now because they are all RPGs and i have 3 games that are coming out that i am too excited about to put off so im just waiting... im just playing random games here and there... and the #1 spot is way too far from being reached even with the 3 Ultra Rares that i got in the last few days, lol...

I have kinda given up... i don't have any games that i want to get involved with right now because they are all RPGs and i have 3 games that are coming out that i am too excited about to put off so im just waiting... im just playing random games here and there... and the #1 spot is way too far from being reached even with the 3 Ultra Rares that i got in the last few days, lol...

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've actually snagged a couple of trophies since I finished the Enslaved: Odyssey to the West DLC, but I'm settled back into playing RPGs where the trophy drops aren't particularly freqent.

That being said, my trip to GameStop for new games isn't going to be this Tuesday but the week after. The bonuses for a pre-order of FFXIII-2 didn't give me a charge, so I'll simply grab a copy when I pick up Amalur and save myself a trip. Not that it's a long trip (GameStop store density is really, really high near where I am), but I prefer to make one trip and pick up multiple games instead of making multiple trips to pick up one game at a time. That, and I'm meandering through three separate RPGs that I won't be done with anytime soon.

yay so the competitiojn is over tomorrow I am assuming at midnight which would be wednesday morning.

Has anyone NOT given up yet?

Yes, midnight is 12:00 on the eve of Feb 1. Please remember that is EST. Should be 9 PM for those in California and everyone in between can figure out theirs. Not sure if we have any international conpetitors but those in the UK will be sometime Wednesday AM.

I haven't "given up" yet, but I'm not likely to advance much further from where I am at this point.

If people are going to buy new games tomorrow, I imagine one could pick up a handful of cheap points by investing many, many hours into a particular brand new title. If most people simply pop in a game (e.g. FF13-2) and take a quick look at it, someone who plays the game for a couple of hours and earns some trophies could end up with several Very Rare/Ultra Rare trophies to boost their score.

It's another workaround that crossed my mind (even if it hasn't occurred to many other people), and something that probably shouldn't be permitted if there's another competition in this mold. It's a relatively easy fix, too -- end the competition on Monday (or even Sunday) so that brand new games can't skew the scores quite so easily.