Physical vs Digital (Full Retail)

Dreakon139

Physical vs Digital  

345 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to full retail games, which do you prefer?

• Physical
    • Digital

This. Though, I never sell any of the games I buy, even if it's absolute crap  :P

I try not to sell games these days, not even the 'bad' ones. There's only a few exceptions where I absolutely loathed the game enough that I just don't even want it on my shelf  :P 

In most cases I prefer having a physical copy. I'm fine with digital copies of games when I get them for next to nothing but if I love the game enough I'll go out of my way to acquire a physical copy as well. As for indie games, I don't care about them being digital. Since my current ISP is complete crap and it takes actual days to download anything major, I have all the more reason to avoid digital copies as much as possible. There's just something magical about holding an actual game disc and shoving it into the console versus having a game solely exist on a hard drive where it can be more easily forgotten. It just feels better to own something tangible.

I always prefer owning physical copies, and I'll tend to buy them over digital versions whenever possible. I came across a "Deluxe Edition" of the Talos Principle a while back, and was somewhat tempted to get it despite already owning the game digitally, just because I like owning as many physical games as possible.

I don't have any problem with owning short or "retro"/old games digitally, but games that are - or could be - full retail games, I'd be getting physically when/if I can (I'm still hoping for that physical release of the Witness).

• 3 weeks later...

Physical. I like being able to see my games in the cupboard and in the rack, it pleases me lol. Not having to wait for the game to finish downloading before being able to play it is another reason why I prefer physical.

Also you can to lend them to friends and you can sell them if you want to.

Edited by feral611
  • Like 2

Generally physical, but I'm more than happy to get digital if the sales are attractive.  The Vita I've generally gone digital but again that's been due to sales.

For non sale items the price points on Amazon vs Playstation store makes physical a no-brainer

Physical are the best, you can play it any time, if you have problems with the internet and you don't have it installed, you will have no problems about waiting until the wire is ready, also, you can have more free storage in the HDD than the digital ones. The games I got in digital were because they were in sale or if the only way to get 'hem is that.

Also in some other multimedia content, I prefer them on physical versions, sometimes the music, for example, is cheaper in physical than in digital.

Edited by Zeitgeist-9

• 9 months later...

Generally physical, as it saves me from having to download something (the land of download caps :devil:), and it's easier to refund if something goes wrong with it, generally.

That being said though, I have absolutely no physical Vita games as the entire library is available digitally and is much cheaper and easier to get than physical copies. 

I think both have their merits but I don't want physical copies to die out any time soon. On the PS4 though it's a bit redundant seeing as how you have no choice but to install a disc now which is aggravating if you want to conserve disc space, and developers these days are fucking terrible at compressing their games. Only Nintendo seems to have a handle on that and they still make fantastic looking games so I don't know what anyone else's excuse is. I mean for fuck sake Until Dawn had an 11GB update just for fucking minor bug and trophy fixes affecting maybe 2% of players, it's fucking disgusting. 

• Like 1

Physical all the way! Vita all the way! :awesome: 

On Vita, I'm buying 90% of games physical (since I have to import anyway and physical is the only way xD).

On PS3, it's more 50-50, but I do have my share of physicals, here I mostly bought physicals for series I love. But since PS3 is dying, I don't think I will have many more physicals :/

On PS4, it doesn't really matter since there aren't many weeb games anyway and the physical games are installed on HDD anyway =D But I do buy all physicals I can. (Though... most weeb games are still on Vita so I obviously get the Vita version :awesome:)

All in all, physical all the way, the boxes are a must :awesome:

Personally, what is cheapest (Which 90% is Digital game on sales), i justwant to play the game that's it :P I don't have to sit there and admire for hours a Box/Case xD If i have it great but if i spend a lot less digital then absolutely (For example daganrompa that i bought 10 € on sale and here retails costs 40 €)

Physical all the way . Digital only when the price is really good like on sales or when it's digital only of course. I don't mind paying a bit more in order to buy a physical copy . Generally i only buy digital when it's less than 20€ and the physical counterpart is more expensive and/or hard to find.

Edited by Sigma999

I will always get a physical copy...unless the price difference is off the charts

I just like the feeling of owning the game, having it in my hands and seeing it on my shelf
I can't have that with digital games, plus my internet speeds are literally 3rd worst in europe so physical is the way to go xD

Edited by Leo Leopold Leon III
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

Physical, because it's cheaper.

Many times that's actually true which doesn't make sense cause digital copies doesn't takes much money like physical copies to produce , only the online store service like PStore to make it available to purchase and paying a percentage to the selling company store like Sony . Otherwise , physcacl copy takes transportation cost , box , manual (nowadays not so much) , Bluray disc and the selling stores also have to take a big profit out of those copies so the price especially on launch is usually high .

3 hours ago, Leo Leopold Leon III said:

I will always get a physical copy...unless the price difference is off the charts

I just like the feeling of owning the game, having it in my hands and seeing it on my shelf
I can't have that with digital games, plus my internet speeds are literally 3rd worst in europe so physical is the way to go xD

WoW, Croatia as a real bad internet connection speed ? I didn't knew that :|

I tendto criticize the internet of Portugal but the statistics state that Portugal has one of 10 fatest internet in the World so i can't complain much on international level xD

Edited by Sigma999

Physical version

They're easy to obtain. You can easily buy these from stores or borrow them from friends or neighbors, etc.

They are common when it comes to game issues and bug, freezes, etc.

You can return them when you're done with them, unlike the Digital versions.

The best.

• Like 1