What do you do when trophies start to get difficult/frustrating?

ChiinkAzNinja

Me and my mate were playing ratchet and clank all 4 one together and while we were trying to get the reflector trophy we got so frustrated and annoyed at the ridiculous angles so he ends up grabbing a ruler and starts measuring the angle on his tv xD ahhhh the funny moments of co-op trophy hunting :) anyway have you done any strange or weird things to get a annoying trophy over and done with? It'll be fun to hear what other stupid things other people do :)

https://psnprofiles.com/YoThief_

Shots to YoThief for pulling out the ruler xD

• Like 2

I just power through them anyway I can.

Jack of All Trades in Killzone Shadow Fall - Used remote play on my roommates PS4 and proceeded to grind from 9am to 5pm to get the last 3 challenges I needed

Mini Game Master in Yakuza 3 - Got tape and put on where the reticule would be in the baseball mini game so I could pass it

I sadly have a lot of patience for this kind of stuff.

I once rubberbanded my controller for 55 hours straight to get to lvl 100 in Injustice Gods Among Us. I also played the tutorial level for Portal 2 with myself, on console and PC at the same time, to get a trophy.

I laughed so hard at this because I did something similar - I sat a turbo PS3 controller on the floor and put my Duke Nukem Forever CE bust (the Duke statue thing) on the X button so that Lex Luthor would repeatedly grab air and just keep earning me XP. Reaching Level 100 in that game was one of the most tedious feats ever.

When I'm going for a hard trophy, I ALWAYS persevere. I refuse to quit even when I know it's steamrolling me. Notable trophies that forced me to endure my own determination include Challenge 6 on Vanquish, Elite on WipEout HD, Elite on Killzone 2, Veteran on World at War, and - most recently - all 120 challenges on Trials Fusion.

I put another game in my system and start playing that. If I'm not having fun playing a game, I'm going to play something I do enjoy. I really couldn't care less about trophies though, they don't have any effect of my enjoyment of a game. 

Parker

• Like 3

I don't pass to another game until I get 100%, unless it has multiplayer DLC(s) (in that case I might skip said DLC(s)).

Doesn't matter how long it takes me to get it, how many attempts, or how much it irritates me, I'm gonna get that ♥ of a trophy.

Oh and ofc, the mates in the chat are gonna hear me vent my frustration quite often if the trophy is particularly difficult :awesome:

Like Tactical Challenger and By My Hand Alone :awesome:

• Like 1

Yoga breaks. Throw in some extra push-ups for good luck too. I swear some of my best work outs have been due to game frustration! I'm looking at you, Guacamelee Tree...

Sometimes though I just leave a game for a few days or even weeks before I come back to it.

• Like 2

Got the local DLC Resogun coop trophy (I'm back and I bought a friend) by controlling 2nd player with my feet.

Also a tip for people that are going through long grinds (I'm talking 100's of hours long) - mute the game and start listening to podcasts - time flies if you can take your mind off the game.

I don't know - from my experience, the ladies really don't start hitting on you, until you reach 80-90% completion range.  Maybe you should give that a try?

Obviously from your 80-90 completion range you have to try a little harder than the most of us as there ain't much else going for you?

reminds me when i thought Uncharted 3 Crushing was a pain in the ass. I'd usually just attempt to throw my controller and use strong language at my t.v. screen; which also makes my mother think i need to be put in a loony bin lol. 

good old memories to laugh at  :awesome:

I look at tips online.

Start swearing.

Keep swearing louder.

Put the controller down, grab a drink or something.

Come back, and if it still doesn't work i put the game on hold or just don't worry about the platinum anymore and finish the campaign and move on.

Do you mean the overall list or just an individual trophy?

Overall list: Start planning/researching what game from my massive backlog that I'm going to play next.

Individual trophy: Research a bit more about the trophy...videos, forum posts, guides, etc. Just to see either what I maybe doing wrong or what has typically worked for other people. It happens a lot actually. I'll spend like a hour or so stubbornly trying to unlock a trophy on my own, look up a strategy and get it within 5 minutes afterwards. :rolleyes:

Edited by merciful84

If it gets too frustrating I just give up. I try to go for other trophies and, at least, get a high percentage of those (hopefully above my current overall % completion). I realize that, for me, the rush of eventually getting the trophy does not make up for the frustration and self loathing coming from the successive fails.