Is there a problem with the PS Store?

I went to buy Ni No Kuni and Ratchet Gladiator because they had a price drop and when I pressed the buy now button an error occurred, so I tried again and the same happened, since I didn't have any money in my wallet I figured I had to add money since it wasn't taking it directly from my credit card, so I did, but after I did the games disappeared from the cart and I couldn't add them again (and Ni No Kuni was appearing as free instead of 4.99€), I left the PS Store and restarted it and found out that I had bought the games the first time the error message appeared so turns out they did take the money out of my credit card to pay for the games and then I ended up taking 15€ more because of the error.

Is this due to slow connection or is it a store problem? I don't mind having 15€ more in my wallet but if I had bought a 70€ game and had add 70€ more I'd be very upset...

The store seems to have more problems on update days (more Big In Japan titles are being discounted today so technically today is an update day). I keep getting logged out on the web store (or just unable to log in completely), and yesterday the PS3 store reset on me. The last patch seems to have added more problems rather than fixed them,

The store seems to have more problems on update days (more Big In Japan titles are being discounted today so technically today is an update day). I keep getting logged out on the web store (or just unable to log in completely), and yesterday the PS3 store reset on me. The last patch seems to have added more problems rather than fixed them,

We need a patch to fix the patch... :/

The past 3-4 weeks I have been having all kinds of problems with the PS store. My download list has over 400 items but it has never had problems before. Now every time I try to download something from my list (game, DLC, etc) it locks up the store and I have to quit out and re-load the store just to get back to the download list and download the other items I want. It also frequently resets me back to the top of my download list while I'm scrolling or after selecting an item to download. This is especially annoying with such a large download list so I have started searching for the items I want individually and selecting the download button that replaces the "Buy" button when you've purchased something. 

Is this only on the PS3 side or is the store going through issues on PS4 also?

Edited by RedEye420

It's embarrassing to say that the current store is a ton better than when it was first brought into version 3.0. They should have just reverted back to 2.0, I never had a problem with that one. I used to browse the store when I was bored or something, now it's just a complete hassle.

• Like 1

It's embarrassing to say that the current store is a ton better than when it was first brought into version 3.0. They should have just reverted back to 2.0, I never had a problem with that one. I used to browse the store when I was bored or something, now it's just a complete hassle.

I might have my versions mixed up but if you are referring to the version that brought the "letter-at-a-time" search feature, I completely agree with you. The store has been complete and utter garbage since that update.

• Like 1

I actually had a similar problem with The Walking Dead Season 2 pass. I went to purchase it and as I did it kicked me out of the ps store and back to the xmb. I re-loaded the store back up and it said I "purchased" it but couldn't download it. Don't know if it's just this game or it happens with others, but I had to download each episode separately. 

I actually had a similar problem with The Walking Dead Season 2 pass. I went to purchase it and as I did it kicked me out of the ps store and back to the xmb. I re-loaded the store back up and it said I "purchased" it but couldn't download it. Don't know if it's just this game or it happens with others, but I had to download each episode separately. 

I think that's how the season pass works. You buy the pass and it just makes all the episodes free, but you still have to download them individually. There isn't any way to download them all at once.

a slow connection does that... it did that to me too but whats annoyin is that i have a fast connection, it only slows down on the psn store when im browsin or when im buyin stuff on it to the point that it takes fuckin ages and looks like its frozen... so its definately fucked up, i kept gettin maintenance messages too with the error prompt so deleted the entire thing and reinstalled it, works good now... well compared to what it was doin before

I think that's how the season pass works. You buy the pass and it just makes all the episodes free, but you still have to download them individually. There isn't any way to download them all at once.

It was my first time buying a season pass, so I thought they may work like game bundles where all games go onto your download list at once. It was still strange how I got kicked out of the ps store as I was about to buy.

Edited by JoshC17

It was my first time buying a season pass, so I thought they may work like game bundles where all games go onto your download list at once. It was still strange how I got kicked out of the ps store as I was about to buy.

Yeah, being kicked out of the store shouldn't have happened. The store on the PS3 is becoming more of a pain to navigate every time they update it. I tend to use the web store instead, but even that isn't immune to problems unfortunately.

I might have my versions mixed up but if you are referring to the version that brought the "letter-at-a-time" search feature, I completely agree with you. The store has been complete and utter garbage since that update.

Yup, that is the one. I don't know why they nixed that. So organized.

I almost forgot about how the PS3 store was before the crappy new one, it seems like so long ago.  That being said, I still think the PS4 store is better, if only being compared to the current PS3 one.  Miles better.  The PS3 one always takes a long time to load, PS4 is almost instant.  I'm kinda scared to think how fast the PS4 store would be if they reverted it to the pre-crappy PS3 store style.

• Like 1

this actually happen to my brother too last month, i return home and saw my brother is upset, telling me after he recharge his PSN wallet with $50 and when he clicked on " buy now " to purchase rayman origins the screen went black and then he got kicked out back to the XMB menu, he showed me that the game didn't even seen on the download list. when he returned to the store it seem that he already purchase it and read " free " under rayman origins, we found the game in the download history on the XMB and he download it from there. even now when i enter the store browsing or taking too long in it, the screen goes black and i return to the XMB menu.  

After the major update the PS Store has turned into... okay, it's not that bad, but still, the old look looked and worked better than what we have now.

I don't think i've ever bought a game after the update, i prefer having the disc anyway. :)

The PS4 store is and always have been way better than the PS3 store.

the original ps3 store was brilliant, it featured menu music and a great functional layout too... it then got slightly changed with the menu music taken out and some rubbish features added but was still brilliant...

since then its been changed to echo the next gen store slightly and im not keen on either... they both look like android layouts

edit: new gen store is faster at loadin than old gen store?... im not surprised the new system is faster at loadin than its predecessor was

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I almost forgot about how the PS3 store was before the crappy new one, it seems like so long ago.  That being said, I still think the PS4 store is better, if only being compared to the current PS3 one.  Miles better.  The PS3 one always takes a long time to load, PS4 is almost instant.  I'm kinda scared to think how fast the PS4 store would be if they reverted it to the pre-crappy PS3 store style.

currently, i think both looks the same but with their own contents, though the store load and run faster on ps4 all thanks to the 8GB been shared through the stuff the ps4 is using. to me, i actually loved the old store with the small icons, really suited the ps3, the new / current one have one of the lamest search system ever!

in the older store i can text the full name of the game / DLC etc. and i'll nearly have everything related to what i just text, the current one you need to mix 3 or 4 letters / numbers to see your search result, i know they were trying to makes it easier to use by anyone but not like this.