NIS to announce next Disgaea game this fall

Oh, is Fire Emblem similar to Tactics? I've never tried it but I've heard of it, if it is I may have to try it.

Yeah FE games have some similarities to tactics gameplay wise but in FE games once one of your characters dies they are dead for the rest of the game. In FE Awakening they do have a casual mode where your characters arent dead forever so that probably would be a good place for a newcomer of the series to start. They are great games. (Also I am digging that Bahamut signature dood)

• Like 1

Yeah FE games have some similarities to tactics gameplay wise but in FE games once one of your characters dies they are dead for the rest of the game. In FE Awakening they do have a casual mode where your characters arent dead forever so that probably would be a good place for a newcomer of the series to start. They are great games. (Also I am digging that Bahamut signature dood)

Thanks ^_^ but if memory serves, you can actually lose your characters permanently it Tactics too (at least in the original PS1 version).

Thanks ^_^ but if memory serves, you can actually lose your characters permanently it Tactics too (at least in the original PS1 version).

Yes it does after the character turns into a crystal and 3 turns(of the dead character) pass away without using a single PD or raise/life ability.

it still apply to the lion war one, not on the advance ones though.

but isn't this nice, turning the Disgaea topic into FFT/FE ^_^ 

Edited by Lightning_FinalF

Yes it does after the character turns into a crystal and 3 turns(of the dead character) pass away without using a single PD or raise/life ability.

it still apply to the lion war one, not on the advance ones though.

but isn't this nice, turning the Disgaea topic into FFT/FE ^_^

Yeah but at least on there you have a window of time to bring the character back, on FE it is done deal once that character dies

FE awakening is my favorite 3DS games and I've played 200 hrs plus. That's why I asked if it's similar to disgaea. If it is, I REALLY need to try these games. Does disgaea need to be played in a certain order?

FE awakening is my favorite 3DS games and I've played 200 hrs plus. That's why I asked if it's similar to disgaea. If it is, I REALLY need to try these games. Does disgaea need to be played in a certain order?

No, not really, except for D2 which follows the first Disgaea.

Well this might be the reason I get a PS4 earlier then I though. To be honest I was pretty disappointed in Disgaea 3 & 4, good games but I did not really connect with the characters and story that much. D2 was unbelievable with the revamped cheat system and simpler gameplay (steering more towards D1). I would love for them to branch out toward La Pucelle or Makai Kingdom. I think NIS found out that Laharl,Etna and Flonne  are the stars of the show and maybe the new Disgaea will follow them again.

Well this might be the reason I get a PS4 earlier then I though. To be honest I was pretty disappointed in Disgaea 3 & 4, good games but I did not really connect with the characters and story that much. D2 was unbelievable with the revamped cheat system and simpler gameplay (steering more towards D1). I would love for them to branch out toward La Pucelle or Makai Kingdom. I think NIS found out that Laharl,Etna and Flonne  are the stars of the show and maybe the new Disgaea will follow them again.

Laharl and crew have always been my favorite (Etna being my favorite out of all of them) but after Disgaea 4 Valvatorez and crew are my favorite now. D2 was pretty amazing though, one of the few plats I enjoyed the whole way through. Wouldn't mind if the new Disgaea did follow Laharl, Etna, and Flonne though, still love those guys