Heartbreaking, missed trophies.

Sir-Rhilat

You know what i'am talking about. You play a game all the way through expecting to finish the trophies on the second run only to find out on your second play through that you will need a third because of a silly mistake. I just experienced this with Ys: Memories of Celceda this morning due to a poorly chosen dialogue option. So my question is, what are some of your just absolute, heartbreaking, missed trophies that required more play time or just added more time to plat? 

Assassin's Creed 2, everyone who has played the game knows what i am talking about

LOL that was annoying! What a boring hobby ezio's bro has...

oh crap you meant flyswatter? thought you meant the feathers lol

Edited by Marvel-J-375

No. This is why I always check a guide before playing a game so I know exactly what trophies are missable and at what point in the game I need to earn them. I also always follow a collectable guide too so I make sure I get everything in as little playthroughs as possible. It's just all about doing your research before hand.

You know what i'am talking about. You play a game all the way through expecting to finish the trophies on the second run only to find out on your second play through that you will need a third because of a silly mistake. I just experienced this with Ys: Memories of Celceda this morning due to a poorly chosen dialogue option. So my question is, what are some of your just absolute, heartbreaking, missed trophies that required more play time or just added more time to plat? 

Let me guess... Touche Salesman?

could relate to you since I've some trophies missed in YS:MoS in my first gameplay:

Philanthropist - crap.. how should I know that there is an option to give 3 types of flowers at a time in a mission..

Tickled Pink and Heard It All - ugh... hate time/event sensitive missable trophies...

Monster Meister and Better Man - how the heck I know that Duren is an entry in monster list and have to be defeated in one quest - thought it is only a friendly match  <_<

non-YS game trophy:

Dragon Fantasy Book II - It's a Rock, Man - good thing i've noticed I missed this in early gameplay

since then.. I've become more careful and read first a guide to check if there is a missable trophy or not...btw.. enjoy and good luck with YS:MoC
  • Like 1

dragon age 2 "supplier" i just kept having to replay the end of act 2 and all of act three 4 times just for that trophy (about 7 times total). eventually, i just had to restart the whole game, only to mess up again, and restart. stupid resources were a pain

Who Wants to Live Forever in The Cave. It's a no death run. You had to play it 5 times. I messed up on my no death run and had to do a sixth. You will hate this game once you have the 100%!

I actually ended up loving it. Once you know the game it's super fast to playthrough!

Let me guess... Touche Salesman?

could relate to you since I've some trophies missed in YS:MoS in my first gameplay:

Philanthropist - crap.. how should I know that there is an option to give 3 types of flowers at a time in a mission..

Tickled Pink and Heard It All - ugh... hate time/event sensitive missable trophies...

Monster Meister and Better Man - how the heck I know that Duren is an entry in monster list and have to be defeated in one quest - thought it is only a friendly match  <_<

non-YS game trophy:

Dragon Fantasy Book II - It's a Rock, Man - good thing i've noticed I missed this in early gameplay

since then.. I've become more careful and read first a guide to check if there is a missable trophy or not...btw.. enjoy and good luck with YS:MoC

Yep you're spot on lol:) I picked linen instead of cotton and now i'am suffering for the mistake. I even had it written down next to me but didn't realize that you needed to say cotton. Honestly though, it was my mistake I take the blame. 

Yep you're spot on lol:) I picked linen instead of cotton and now i'am suffering for the mistake. I even had it written down next to me but didn't realize that you needed to say cotton. Honestly though, it was my mistake I take the blame. 

no back up saves? bummer... could really relate to you since it happened to me on some trophies in that game.. good thing I have to play it again just for Nightmare mode ^_^ again.. good luck ^_^

Persona 4 Golden, missed both "Legend of Inaba" and "Hardcore Risette Fan" trophies ....not a huge downer though considering the game is awesome

I was goin' to say that... I also miss one book, and I have to do a whole new playthrough and read all the books again, because I miss one single goddamned book!!!

Chatterbox from Tomb Raider is another annoying trophy that I have to replay the whole game to get it

Edited by straysheep87
  • Like 1

Ys Mem of Celceta for me as well. I think I got a guide after visiting Comodo (thankfully defeated Duren), and was upset I missed out of the Touche, Salesmen and the Heard it All trophies. But knew about the Nightmare play through, so it isn't too bad.

Assassin's Creed 2, everyone who has played the game knows what i am talking about

I still haven't gone back for it.  My original PS3 got a YLOD before PS+ was around so I'd have to start from scratch.

It's on the list for this year.

I also read up on guides beforehand, to get an understanding of what I need to do. Though one instance of this would be in Deus Ex, playing through the entire game extra cautiously trying not to kill anyone. I was certain I didn't kill anyone but apparently I was wrong. Was a little disappointed haha.