Minecraft Review (First one ever)

AssassinShadow56

Hey! This will be a review of Minecraft as the name says and I hope (if I get good comments) that I will make more of these, so let's start shall we?

To begin things with, the name says everything you need to know, you mine, and craft, and build whatever your imagination allows you too. For starters, you can build from really terribly made houses to a Huge castle or fortress. You can even build a ship!

Does this game have a story? No, it does not. You wake up, and, if you watched the tutorial, you know that you want to punch the wood has fast as possible to make a shelter. But... I don't know why, but I think that this game somewhat lacks logic, not that I hate that fact, but why am I punching a whole tree when I can just punch the first block and the tree falls? It's just one of these things that were always bugging me.

Multiplayer. The multiplayer for this game is like a co-op game, you can get up to 8 players in your world, and if everything goes right, you will have an unstoppable army of friends. It gets the trophies faster and easier. You can disable killing in the world options menu so you won't accidentaly kill anyone, but you know, you might want to once in a while, get in a fight with them. You don't lose anything but the items you had and your experience.

The Trophies. As I said earlier, you can get these more faster and easier with friends. And even if you don't have friends to help you once in a while, they are still fairly easy. There are a few of which might be kinda of difficult to get at first (like "Sniper Duel" and "Return the Sender"), but with work ,determination, and probably friends to help, you will get these in no time.

Gameplay. Before you start your world (for you, or your friends) you get 2 main options. You can do Survival Mode which is surviving, and keep your life bar (10 hearts) and a Hunger bar (same but looks like chicken in my Point Of View) full. Beware of the night, because you will have: Zombies and a type of skeleton that for some reason has a bow and arrows. Make a shelter has soon has possible. The other mode is Creative Mode, which according to the name, you build whatever your imagination allows you too. You can't get damaged, just pure building.

Difference of the other versions. The PS3 Version of Minecraft isn't really different from the Xbox 360's and PC version's the only thing it lacks from it's only from the PC version that is: the horses and sound effects. But with the 360 version, I might see a few differences (seeing the 360 version came WAYY sooner than the PS3's) but they are not really special differences, still good regardless of the PC version lacking.

End. (MIGHT contain spoilers(IGNORE THIS SINCE THIS GAME DOES NOT HAVE ANY STORY AT ALL))

At the end you just find a Ender Portal (opened with the Eyes of Ender) and you reach a really weird the place, at first you see a life bar and lots of endermen.

Yep, it's a boss fight, and what a better way to do this but with an Dragon (AKA Ender Dragon) (I can't say I wasn't expecting this, I mean, it looks pretty medieval and Dragon's are more to the medieval time). You must destroy these flotoating cubes/blocks because they regenerate the Dragon's life. Once you are done with these things, just wait for the Dragon to come down and start punching him to hell. Or do the other way and get a bow and arrow and start Mindlessly shooting at him. Once you finish him (obvious game reference is obvious) you see another portal, in this one you just get a nice thing called The Credits. Just relax and watch them roll, once you are too relaxed just press Circle and you will respawn in the last place you slept or at the world's spawning point. It's boring to take these blocks/cubes out, but it's definately rewarding seeing that Bastard of a Dragon dying.

My mind. This game is very fun and worth it's 20€ (or $), if you can get friends to play with you, the fun will be huge. Just build until you can't keep your own imagination. However, I can't see why did Mojang take so long to release Minecraft to the PS3, seeing that the 360 version was released a long time ago, but just about a year ago(unsure about this). It's still getting updates, and still fun regardless.

Rating. I give this game a 9/10. I think it's worth this rating. You guys tell me if you disagree with it, I will keep this rating.

Okay this was my first Review ever, if you guys think I am actually good at this (which you can't tell because I am probably still a beginner at this), then please tell. If I lack something, I will try my best to get better at what I do worst. I think it ended up great :)

Edited by AssassinShadow56
  • Like 2

Pretty good review. I've never played minecraft, but you did a good job explaining it.

However, I'd try to focus on what you liked and disliked about the game rather than comparing the PS3/PC/XBox 360 versions IMO. Also, I wouldn't even mention anything about the final battle unless your going to explain what you liked or dislike about it, once again, IMO. Also, maybe you should do a little bit more of a wrap-up at the end rather than "It deserves a 9/10 because I say so."

I thought I'd give you a little constructive criticism (please, don't hate me!), but I generally like reading other peoples' thoughts and experiences on games so keep them coming. xD

I also want to applaud you :yay:  :yay:  :yay: for putting this under the minecraft section and not the off-topic section! 

• Like 1

Pretty good review. I've never played minecraft, but you did a good job explaining it.

However, I'd try to focus on what you liked and disliked about the game rather than comparing the PS3/PC/XBox 360 versions IMO. Also, I wouldn't even mention anything about the final battle unless your going to explain what you liked or dislike about it, once again, IMO. Also, maybe you should do a little bit more of a wrap-up at the end rather than "It deserves a 9/10 because I say so."

I thought I'd give you a little constructive criticism (please, don't hate me!), but I generally like reading other peoples' thoughts and experiences on games so keep them coming. xD

I also want to applaud you :yay:  :yay:  :yay: for putting this under the minecraft section and not the off-topic section! 

I do not hate, I only appreciate. At this point I really don't care if I am doing it right or bad because I just started. Yes I kind of feel I screwed that up but still I think it's pretty good for a first one ever. Also I think it was pretty obvious to put in the Minecraft section, because... It's the game's section, I won't put a Assassin's Creed Review on a Call Of Duty Game (A bit exagerated but I think it understands the message). Also, I forgot to say, I have putten the Final Battle there because some people might be struggling and don't know what to do.

Edited by AssassinShadow56

This bugged me the most in the review: "Rating. I give this game a 9/10. I think it's worth this rating. You guys tell me if you disagree with it, I will keep this rating."

Always keep your rating, and never change it no matter what anyone says, it is YOUR review.

Heres what I would change:

- Don't rate a game based on trophies, although i see the point of reviewing them, but don't let it count to the final score.

- No point comparing it to different versions.

- Never mention boss fights like you did, even if you put spoiler alerts. I understand this game doesn't have a boss fight, but never reveal the final boss; etc. You can comment if the boss fights were shit/good but never name.

This bugged me the most in the review: "Rating. I give this game a 9/10. I think it's worth this rating. You guys tell me if you disagree with it, I will keep this rating."

Always keep your rating, and never change it no matter what anyone says, it is YOUR review.

Heres what I would change:

- Don't rate a game based on trophies, although i see the point of reviewing them, but don't let it count to the final score.

- No point comparing it to different versions.

- Never mention boss fights like you did, even if you put spoiler alerts. I understand this game doesn't have a boss fight, but never reveal the final boss; etc. You can comment if the boss fights were shit/good but never name.

I will try to get better at these points.

• Like 1

Thats good, youre on the right track and can only get better, i look forward to reading your next review :)

Thanks, who knows? Maybe one day I will be hired by IGN or any other reviews website xD

But I think that my next review MIGHT be AC4BF, since I 100%ed it (game save, not 100% Trophies) or The Impossible Game (This one needs to be Off-topic since it does not have a section).

• Like 1

Nice review! I would mention that the PC version has a infinite world while the console version's world is confined to a smaller area. It's a fairly big world, but I can walk from one end to the other in 5 minutes or less. There is something about a infinite world that really appeals to me. I still prefer the console version because of couch co-op though.