Is directors cut harder to platinum?

The main difference is that the DLC is now part of the base game.

What that means is that your actions within the Missing Link facility now have an effect upon :gold:Foxiest of the Hounds and :silver:Pacifist.

So, in the original game, you didn't have to get through The Missing Link DLC without any alarms or kills. Now, you do.

There are video guides available for The Missing Link that will help you do this. Most Factory Zero runs do not involve alarms or kills.

Other than this, you are now prohibited from taking bosses down with lethal methods. The alarm, however, still does not count towards :gold: Foxiest of the Hounds.

There are several non-lethal takedown methods implemented in the Director's Cut version in the game that you must use against the bosses if you want to earn :silver: Pacifist.

Director's Cut is a different Platinum, but the increase in difficulty is negligible. Happy hunting!

Edited by Daigashadokuro
  • Like 3

The only big difference is that it's longer, like already stated because of The Missing Link DLC. So really it's just more sneaking around.

I would say that the original is easier to plat because of shorter length and you could take out bosses real quickly using lethal means without it negating the Pacifist trophy.

EDIT: But I highly recommend just playing the way you want to on your first playthrough, such a great game just to explore and just playing the way you want to.

Edited by Death_Ninja

The only big difference is that it's longer, like already stated because of The Missing Link DLC. So really it's just more sneaking around.

I would say that the original is easier to plat because of shorter length and you could take out bosses real quickly using lethal means without it negating the Pacifist trophy.

EDIT: But I highly recommend just playing the way you want to on your first playthrough, such a great game just to explore and just playing the way you want to.

but the trophy sais ( except boss fights ), how and why would it affect the pacifist trophy

but the trophy sais ( except boss fights ), how and why would it affect the pacifist trophy

Yeah, I got it messed up, since I knew that killing the Missing Link boss locks you out of :silver: Pacifist.

Looks like you can lethally take down all of the other bosses and still get the trophy.

I wouldn't buy this game several people and I have had issues with gun audio sounding compressed, framerate issues, and various glitches that weren't present in the original game.

Check it out: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139997

Another factor against buying this game is that you can buy the original for around $5 used now.

In comparison, Director's Cut costs $30 AUD and it's a 17GB download. The original and its DLC cost less than the Director's Cut.

The only circumstances in which I would buy this game (and I have bought this game) is if you were planning to Platinum it twice (which I plan to do). Otherwise, buy the original.

By including the "The Missing Link" DLC into the core game will allow for more Augmentations to be acquired.

What I would like to know is whether or not is "Can you replay a difficulty after finishing the game with everything that you had at the end of the game" ?

By including the "The Missing Link" DLC into the core game will allow for more Augmentations to be acquired.

What I would like to know is whether or not is "Can you replay a difficulty after finishing the game with everything that you had at the end of the game" ?

When you complete the game, you can start a new game with just the augmentations carrying over. Weapons and such don't carry over.

Without having played the "normal" version, I think the director's cut will be easier.

Thanks to new game plus you can focus on all the hard trophies and replay the second time doing a simple clean up.

I just finished Deus Ex on my first run on hardest difficulty while also gaining pacifist and and foxiest of the hounds. Now I'm replaying on the easiest difficulty taking out enemies wijtout problem, using all my augmentations.

Despite only only one playthrough is required to platinum tis game, chances are you will miss some anyhow.

Without having played the "normal" version, I think the director's cut will be easier.

Thanks to new game plus you can focus on all the hard trophies and replay the second time doing a simple clean up.

I just finished Deus Ex on my first run on hardest difficulty while also gaining pacifist and and foxiest of the hounds. Now I'm replaying on the easiest difficulty taking out enemies wijtout problem, using all my augmentations.

Despite only only one playthrough is required to platinum tis game, chances are you will miss some anyhow.

It would be a waste of a great game, to only play it once just for trophies. This is one of those games you just have to play without worrying about trophies and simply enjoy the game!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Even with the trophies that I have for the director's cut already, I still play the game multiple times so that I can change up my decisions and approaches to each mission/area in the game for a full diverse style of gameplay.

Missing 4 trophies (which are Pacifist, Foxiest of Hounds, Doctorate, and Factory Zero) before I unlock the Platinum of Director's Cut. Oddly enough I think achieving the Factory Zero trophy will be the hardest to achieve due to the complexity of how the Rifleman Bank Station layout is setup and where the turrets are located. But I also keep missing the final requirement for the Doctorate trophy as well.

I do have the Strategy Guide for Deus Ex: Human  Revolution (doesn't cover the DLC: The Missing Link).