Beyond: Two Souls PS4 version?

Lady Lilith

beyond_two_souls_25946.jpg
adam_gell_profile_pic_47128.jpg
13 hours ago

A German retailer has recently listed the PS3 title on it’s website as being available for PlayStation 4 consoles.

As reported by german gaming website, Leader Gamer, the PlayStation 3 title Beyond: Two Souls was spotted with new PlayStation 4 box art on two German games retailer websites. One of the websites claims the game will be coming to PS4this September, although no official announcement has been made by Sony or the game’s developers, Quantic Dream.

Beyond: Two Souls was released on PS3 in October 2013, and received mixed reviews from critics at the time. The game features Hollywood actors Ellen Page (Juno and Inception) and Willem Dafoe (Platoon and Spider-Man), who lent their voices to the game, with Ellen also providing motion capture performances. The game centres around Jodie Holmes and a soul called Aiden that has been linked to Jodie since she was born.

beyond_two_souls_german_retailer_screen_beyond_two_souls_german_retailer_screen_Screenshots from Leader Gamer

With The Last of Us Remastered due for release this month, and GTA V due later this year for the newest consoles, we’re still taking this news with a pinch of salt until some kind of announcement is made from Sony or Quantic Dream. But, it wouldn’t be surprising to see this game re-released considering how gorgeous it looked on the PS3 – Sony’s PS4 could really take it beyond, we’re sure. Sorry.

I enjoyed this and Sleeping Dogs, so why not get the PS4 versions eventually?

Wow a re release of an absolutely boring shit show of a game, made by a smug dude who thinks games need to be "more grown up".. maybe he should just go make movies..

Yeah the last of us I get, heavy rain I'd understand. But this? 

It's not even close to being good enough to be re released on ps4 lol, if you're going to release it, make it a duo with heavy rain or something. 

All my opinion of course, I just found beyond to be thoroughly shit and thoroughly boring, I couldn't even finish it.  

• Like 3

Wow a re release of an absolutely boring shit show of a game, made by a smug dude who thinks games need to be "more grown up".. maybe he should just go make movies..

It's not even close to being good enough to be re released on ps4 lol, if you're going to release it, make it a duo with heavy rain or something. 

All my opinion of course, I just found beyond to be thoroughly shit and thoroughly boring, I couldn't even finish it.  

I didn't hate it as much as you did, but I completely agree. The only thing I can think of was the budget for this game was insane (I am sure Page and Dafoe got paid quite a bit) and this is Sony's way of recouping some of the losses.

I didn't hate it as much as you did, but I completely agree. The only thing I can think of was the budget for this game was insane (I am sure Page and Dafoe got paid quite a bit) and this is Sony's way of recouping some of the losses.

You two are fucking crazy, that game was very well done and had an amazing story, you obviously can't appreciate a very good game when you see it. 

• Like 3

Now Now, don't go insulting each other now. We all know it's a matter of opinion (as always).
I just bought it for PS3 and like it very much, but you could probably tell.
The thing here is though that SONY needs to stop rereleasing everything and start working on NEW titles and sequels... and not just indies !

Edited by DarKNesS_X
  • Like 4

You two are fucking crazy, that game was very well done and had an amazing story, you obviously can't appreciate a very good game when you see it. 

Cool story bro, maybe you should read my review on the game before you make judgments like that. I actually liked the game but I found a lot of what Cage did hurt the overall storytelling and gameplay. Heavy Rain is in my top 10 games of all time and my favourite game of the last generation so I am a huge fan of his work. That being said I felt let down by Beyond because it could have been so much better.

This game could have been a masterpiece and instead was simply average because of the gameplay elements that were taken away (the choice system was dumbed down and the immersive gameplay was removed). That all being said though, I already experienced this game and think that if we are going to have a new console generation we probably should have NEW games as opposed to just re-releasing the old ones.

Also if you are going to critique our OPINIONS of a game maybe you should learn better grammar as that would make your argument about us not appreciating a good story a little tighter.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

Now Now, don't go insulting each other now. We all know it's a matter of opinion (as always).

I just bought it for PS3 and like it very much, but you could probably tell.

The thing here is though that SONY needs to stop rereleasing everything and start working on NEW titles and sequels... and not just indies !

All the big name titles are in the works though so It'll be a little longer then we'll have a load of new games.

Ehhh, that's really a matter of opinion.

I personally didn't feel it broke any barriers at all, but it is by no means garbage. It is definitely a game I'll always remember (for good reasons), and that has to count for something.

The story had its holes, as all stories do though. Even the Dark Knight wasn't as perfect a movie as most make it out to be.

Back to the topic though, its kind of lame to see these new games getting re-released, but it doesn't hurt anyone so why complain?

Edited by rsoto1125
  • Like 1

Your opinion.

Yeah for sure, depressing really. I'd much prefer they touch up heavy rain and release that. That was one of the best games of the last gen, imo. 

And well worth a re release, beyond did poor in reviews, by gamers and critics alike. Hardly deserving of a re release. 

This game looked REALLY good on the PS3, i don't understand for the port...

So did The Last of Us. :)

I'm okay with this but i do agree we should get new games. I'm waiting for the Uncharted collection to be announced soon.  :giggle:

I'd rather have a Vita port than a PS4 port. I understand there is overlap between consoles right now and Sony is trying to leverage their big titles to make their new console desirable to brand new gamers. I can't blame Sony in this. They are a business. A port can't possibly take the same amount of time as a new game and if it worked well on one console, odds are it'll work again. This is a way to bolster the strength of the PS4 lineup while not spending a bunch of time or money.

Personally, I'd like to see around 3-4 years before a game gets ported from one generation of console to another, but at the rate things have been going, studios might not be around for that length of time.

I really want to play this game (I'm a huge fan of Heavy Rain - my 1st Platinum) but if it IS coming out for PS4, it'll be a title I hold off on buying until I make the leap. So far, this game on PS4 and the new LittleBigPlanet for PS4 are my two biggest reasons for wanting to buy a PS4. Mission accomplished, Sony!

• Like 1

they could just release it on the playstation now service when it's officially open, games like the last of Us, beyond two souls, god of war 3 / A, GT6 < the Uncharted series already looks impressive in ps3's hardware limit's, i know it would be better on ps4 hardware in 1080p 60 fps but aw well, if this is true then sony might doing this so people gonna get busy digging them out so they will have more time to fully finish their ps4 AAA titles..

anyhoo  i will not gonna bite on this until sony officially announce it them self's.  

So did The Last of Us. :)

I'm okay with this but i do agree we should get new games. I'm waiting for the Uncharted collection to be announced soon.  :giggle:

yeah, but at least TLoU has a huge following and all.

Beyond looked better then TLoU IMO, but im just tired of seeing devs wasting time on all these ports. Especially when theyre adding nothing but graphic upscale.

Ports like Metro 2033, is good because it was never on PS3.

• Like 1

Here is the catch with PS Now. Yes you will be able to stream the games onto multiple platforms, but it won't be showing off the specs of the console. The games will be streamed in same as original, or lowered, graphics as when the games came out. I was a BETA tester for PS Now. I played Dead Island Riptide on both the PS3 and the PS4. There was next to no difference in quality. Ports are required if companies want to show off what the new generation hardware can do for their games. PS Now is like Netflix your quality of the game is based on your network, not the hardware. Meaning I will see the same quality for B:TS, GoW 3/A, etc. across my PS3, PS4, PS Vita, and Sony Bravia.

Not sure I'm that bothered about this one, didn't grab it 1st time round due to the wave of negativity that surrounded it.  Bundling with Heavy Rain HD and it'll sell well I would think, (Metro style)

Lots of PS4 ports are likely aiming to catch people who didn't own a PS3, so not necessarily a bad thing.  If you don't like it don't buy it, the market will decide if this sort of thing carries on.  The ports are decent filer for the new console if you didn't own the originals., 1st year of a new gen is always slow these 're-masters' at least help bulk it out a bit.

For a PS3 exclusive a port isn't exactly an easy task, the hardware architecture of the 2 consoles is totally different.  In terms of story etc, they aren't spending obviously but making the game run on the new hardware is going to be a big ol' task.

In terms of whether this is an awesome game or a horrible waste of time and effort.

tumblr_m0dztpJ2ck1r2jdrto1_500.jpg

• Like 1