Twisty McMarx trophy?

nickywicky91

This was really a pain for me, way worse than on the PS3, but I got it, all I had to do was finding the right spot on the touchpad screen and after a few attempts and some practice I performed it. You could also try to get someone to press the touchpad for you, honestly it was really uncomfortable, luckily I have big hands lol good luck with it, you'll eventually make it :D

Edited by omar280792
  • Like 1

You have to touch the very top corners of the touch pad. Best advice is to do the touch pad moves first when you go off the jump instead of L and R.

My touch pad is broken, it breaks when I put my vita on charge for some reason and to get it working I need to turn it off and on again. So if touch pad is unresponsive, you could try that.

Edited by Harry94_
  • Like 3

You have to touch the very top corners of the touch pad. Best advice is to do the touch pad moves first when you go off the jump instead of L and R.

My touch pad is broken, it breaks when I put my vita on charge for some reason and to get it working I need to turn it off and on again. So if touch pad is unresponsive, you could try that.

Thank you! I can do all the moves now, I just have to spend a load of time doing them all in the same jump. Joy!

I ACHIEVED THIS TROPHY:

It took me around 2 hours to get this trophy to work. It is simply the hardest trophy to achieve in the game, but is achievable.

The way you get this is;

When you're in the Blackwater City Hoverboard race, you need to get to that high ramp (the place where you do the bolt glitch).

Next, you need to time your jump and jump as high as possible. (You should be in mid-air).

Due to the PS Vita lacking in not having the L2 & R2 buttons, it does clearly state in the manuals you have to use the rear touch pad (which is the back part of the PS Vita).

So, when you're in mid-air when jumping past the high ramp, you press L1 + up arrow, then L2 (touch behind the PS Vita top left side) + up arrow, then R1 + up arrow, then R2 (touch behind the PS Vita top right side).

This all needs to be completed within once jump to accomplish the "Twisty McMarx" move. Trust me, it is possible to accomplish this trophy, but does take some time. The downside to this is that if you have small hands or short fingers, it could be more difficult to place your index/middle finger at the right time in the correct part of the rear touch screen of the PS Vita.

Anyways, good luck! I hope this helps!

- Razumaki  :ninja:  B) 

• 3 months later...

This trophy is SO frustrating  :angry:

Just cannot get the left touch pad (L2) to work at all.  Had no problems getting this on PS2 or PS3 but is so difficult on the PS Vita.  Maybe I have a problem with my back touch pad on the Vita itself.

Its the last item I need to complete to get a plat... Grrrr!

• 1 month later...

Just got this. My hands are cramping up. Took about five hours of trying. I held the d-pad up button continously and cycled through the L buttons/touch pad while jumping off the ramp. Dont try to cycle through too fast. Hold each one for half a second before pressing the next one. I might actually finish this platty tonight!

• 2 months later...

It might help to keep a drum beat in your head and press the buttons/touchpad on beat. I found a half-second between each press to do well. Wait too long and you can't get the 4th move down.

Also what helped me do this trick easier, pertaining to the L2/R2 buttons required, is previously playing/platinuming Jak II on the Vita. You learn real fast how to press the touchpad, as Jak II heavily uses L2/R2 but not as much L3/R3.

Since the conversion for both collections is done by the same studio (for Vita version at least) the L2/L3/R2/R3 button areas are in the same spots on the touchpad. That made it so I already had learned the proper locations for placing the middle fingers on the touchpad when it came to R&C.

For those who aren't used to the button locations on the touchpad and need help on finger locations:

1) Place both index fingers on the shoulder buttons in a position ready to press them. Your knuckles should be parallel to the outer edge of the button.

2) Stretch your middle fingers out and up slightly while keeping your index fingers on the shoulder buttons. Hold middle fingers away from index fingers to prevent unwanted touching of touchpad.

3) Hold remaining two fingers away from bottom of touchpad if possible, yet still use them to hold the Vita, as if held too high this will count as L3/R3 press.

If done right your hands are probably forming a cup around the side edges of the Vita. Not the most comfortable position for your hands but you shouldn't be playing this way for too long. Get trigger grips, much easier to hold system while stretching your fingers out in this position.

When a L2/R2 press is needed your middle finger should now be in the right position.

TL;DR: It only took me only a few minutes to do this trophy. Sorry for posting on old thread but had to say all this...

• 2 months later...

Exactly where on the rear touchpad are you supposed to press for the L2 / R2 actions? I can't get any response out of it most of the time.

The top right and top left of the rear touchpad are where you need to press.

Yeah I know it's supposed to be top left and top right, but when I press up + top left or up + top right, I still can't get anything. Tried pressing and swiping in multiple places. Every once in a while it reacts but ... is the area you need to press in really small or something?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out where it was and finally got this trophy. Turns out the area you need to press is not top left / top right of the rear touchpad, but more down towards the center on each side. I managed to activate L2/R2 by pressing towards the center of the top left "quadrant", and vice versa for right. The area you have to press in IS quite small, but you'll pick it up eventually. Just practice by jumping and trying to pull off the L2/R2 press in mid-air, if you hit Ratchet will grab the board. Repeat until you can get it reliably then start practicing for the Twisty McMarx.

Edited by scary_atheist

• 4 months later...

I've spotted with tape the zones of the rear touchpad where the L2/R2 buttons are active (see attachment)

It's a rough marking, try pressing at the middle or the external side of the tapes.

(and yes, the left tape is crooked, it should be straight like the right one).

Once I knew where to press for the L2/R2 buttons, it took me 5 minutes to do the Twisty McMarx. I pressed R1/L1/R2/L2 to do the trick.

post-45951-0-85167400-1443548054_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Holy shit the hoverboard controls are inexcusably bad on the Vita. Input lag (because for some fucking reason they couldn't port a PS2 game to what is supposed to be a more powerful console) affects you taking shortcuts and jumping, the rear touch pad can fuck you up if you're accidentally touching it (which is pretty natural considering it's right at the back of the handheld where your hands rest) and the game in general feels a lot more stiff to control. 

• 1 month later...

I've spotted with tape the zones of the rear touchpad where the L2/R2 buttons are active (see attachment)

It's a rough marking, try pressing at the middle or the external side of the tapes.

(and yes, the left tape is crooked, it should be straight like the right one).

Once I knew where to press for the L2/R2 buttons, it took me 5 minutes to do the Twisty McMarx. I pressed R1/L1/R2/L2 to do the trick.

attachicon.giftwistymcmarx-buttonlocation.jpg

Without a doubt these two pieces of advice saved me potentially hours of frustration. Knowing where to place my fingers and starting out with the touch pad positions first proved to be the best way to go. I also counted and held roughly 1 sec per each button press to ensure that each of the board stunts went through. Thanks to all of you who suffered through this early on and provided advice.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

@Angus1343 its almost the same as the ps3 just insted if the bumpers you use the back touch pad. I find the easyist way to do this is go to the big jump and continuousley rotate right as you jump , then you use your index fingers to touch the diffrent arreas of the back , make sure you do as close to a full 360 before changing move , so 4 rotation you need and the rest is timing good luck ?