Keep or Sell?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep or sell your games?

• I keep all my games, even the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones after platinuming/100%
    • I keep only games I enjoyed the story or like the online a lot
    • I sell all games after platinuming
    • I sell all games after platinuming and getting DLC complete (If DLC)
    • I sell most games after getting 100% completion but keep a few
    • Am not sure

I keep the games that I like, but just because I dislike something I don't sell it- I usually give it a couple tries before selling it back (just in case I wish later I'd given it another attempt).  There's some games I sell back because I simply can't play them as well- I bought the game Heavenly Sword, but couldn't play it once it got to her friends' shooting skills.  I'm epileptic, and my hands shake sometimes when I aim so shooting games with precision aren't my forte...

I make careful decisions when buying games and can't say I've ever bought anything that I consider "terrible". I rarely buy games right as they release, so once I do finally buy a game and consider myself "done" with it (though I always think there's at least a chance I'll re-visit a game) the resale value is bad enough to where I'd rather just keep the game on my shelf than part with it. So, I almost never sell games. I've rented several games in the past getting everything I wanted out of them, so that's how I save money.

I keep all of my games to add to my collection. I sold too many Gamecube and PS2 games and I will never make that mistake again.

This is exactly how I feel, thats why I keep every single game I buy with the Exception of Call of Duty: Declassified, that thing was such a turd.

I got into console gaming with the PS2/Xbox and since then I have generally kept all my games until the end of the generation, then I traded the lot in for the new console.

When I got the PS4 I walked into EB with my PS3 and a massive sports bag filled with games, it took them forever to process it all. I ended up with over $500 in store credit.

Edited by Digga_AU

I would like to keep my collection nice and tidy. Only own a PS4 and all my Vita games are digital so my collection is quite small and I quite like the little row of games next to my PS4. 

I voted I keep all games but in truth the reason behind that is not fondness or hoarding tendencies, it's down to the time it takes me to fully finish a game. Generally speaking by the time I have the Platinum on a game the games value has reduced to the point where I'd rather keep it than get sod all for it. 

• 1 year later...

Sell it!!! Quick. Why because most games these days dont really hold value. If I eveeer do want to play it again months, or years later just buy it again at probably half the price I sold it used for.