Keep or Sell?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep or sell your games?

• I keep all my games, even the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones
    • I keep most games, sell the terrible ones after platinuming/100%
    • I keep only games I enjoyed the story or like the online a lot
    • I sell all games after platinuming
    • I sell all games after platinuming and getting DLC complete (If DLC)
    • I sell most games after getting 100% completion but keep a few
    • Am not sure

Well ever since I could get my games digitally, 95% of my games are downloads, it's convenient...they typically get deleted after I acquire the platinum because let's face it, I don't have endless hard drive space but no matter what I'll always own them, I can redownload them at any time.. And if it's a game I really enjoyed I won't delete it, there's a few I still like to go back just to mess around with and kill time on.. or if I do delete the game, I might retain my saved data to possibly use again for future use, I still buy physical copies from time to time and those I for the most part, I keep..unless I just didn't like the game, I'll return it. that's happened a couple of times..then there's the games on my list that were from physical copies of games that I no longer have because I traded them in..I took advantage of gamestops "if you don't like it for any reason return it within 7days and exchange it for something of equal value" policy..I've obtained a few handfuls of platinums that way..but who hasn't?! ;)

But all in all, to sum things up, I would say no, I don't sell my games

Once I'm done I sell it. When I plat a game I only ever go back to it if it has DLC I prefer to play something different. I don't have the space for a large games collection and the money I get back helps me to pay for something new which is always good. Trade in prices aren't bad if you do it right.

I've held on to roughly 70% of games that I've bought. It depends on how good they are. I trade in the awful ones like NCIS and Terminator Salvation etc.

I've sold the majority of my PSP games that I've rebought on PSN so that I can play them on my Vita, like MGS: Peace Walker and GTA Chinatown Wars plus others.

By the way, I really wish Outrun 2006 was available on the Vita store. That's the only reason I'm holding on to my PSP.

Selling games after plating them? That sounds like Game-Abuse. After Plating a game, I will keep it. Unless, one of my cousins or other friends want to buy that game from me. I don't play games for the sake of 100% completion, I play to plat, because that is how the #TrophyHunters system works! I only play DLCs when I feel like playing them, like The Last of Us - GM, LB, etc. I plat a game, and then I wait for buyers. From there, Ka-Ching!$$$

Edited by ee28max

I used to keep everything but my collection became so sprawling that I would buy stuff knowing I would never play them. It was actually causing me to enjoy gaming less so I sold off everything but the Playstation stuff and turned to trophies. Gives me the same satisfaction as a collector at heart but I don't feel so much pressure. That said with PS+ and other purchases I have more than 400 games again. When I finish a game I always find it a new home to prevent the temptation of playing again.

I used to keep all my games, but I decided to sell them recently. I decided to sell the ones I won't play again, or I won't be playing for a while. I have too many games where I think it's becoming a problem. It's overwhelming me. I'm going to be selling them after getting the plat.

Edited by Persona1379
  • Like 1

I keep everything. Im a hoarder and a collector. Ive sold a few in the past. Mainly for upgrades like a complete edition for example. Particularly proud of my ps3 collection

Best part about having plenty to choose from is when i finish/platinum a game then i look at my collection and im like "what game should i play?!" Good times!

• 6 years later...

Whether PlayStation or other platforms, I keep almost all of them. I don't think I've traded in or sold games since I was in middle school. My GameCube library is worth at least $400, I'm thinking. Probably more since I have Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario TTYD, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and others.