Ratchet and Clank 2 HD Error C2-12828-1

A week ago, I purchased the physical edition of Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy for the PS Vita. I played and platinumed R&C 1 and it worked brilliantly, but when starting R&C 2 I found an error happening every time I move from one planet to another or within planet orbits. The game crashes, shows error code C2-12828-1 and shuts itself down. When getting back on it, my progress is saved, and I appear on the planet or planet orbit I was going to when the game crashed, so the error does not block progress. This is though an important inconvenience, because travelling happens A LOT on R&C games and having to start the game up every time this happens is annoying, to say the least. 

If someone else has had this problem (or hasn't), please give some perspective so that other users experiencing this problem and myself can get to know if someone's come up with a solution. 

I googled about it and apparently deleting the save file or formatting the memory card do not work, and the error becomes even more annoying as you go through the game, preventing you from obtaining one gadget (the 'Map-o-matic')

I reported the problem to Sony as Vita gave me the chance to do so, I hope it gets patched soon.

I have yet to start R&C2, but I've heard of this problem pretty frequently, so you're not alone and I'm kind of getting worried lol. Don't expect a patch, because the Jak Trilogy never got one.

You never had problems with R&C1? So far, I'm at the BLARG Space Station, and have had 1 audio bug, and the Helpdesk messages and suck cannon bar/air bar wont disappear off the screen unless I die. Rather annoying.

I have yet to start R&C2, but I've heard of this problem pretty frequently, so you're not alone and I'm kind of getting worried lol. Don't expect a patch, because the Jak Trilogy never got one.

You never had problems with R&C1? So far, I'm at the BLARG Space Station, and have had 1 audio bug, and the Helpdesk messages and suck cannon bar/air bar wont disappear off the screen unless I die. Rather annoying.

Well, that's a bummer then >..< so far the error has not affected me dramatically, but if the Map-o-matic issue is true it'll be quite annoying......well, at least I'll be able to finish the game. (hopefully)

I had the audio bug, background music sometimes disappeared, but other than that, I didn't have any issues with R&C 1, my bars left the screen as soon as I went out of the water/changed my weapon. 

Hey Omar.

I too have hit the error but didn't know you could carry on as Jamming Array mission isn't being registered as completed. But to be honest, screw having to reboot my system several times to limp through a game when I'll potentially not be able to get everything.

I tried emailing Mass Media to find out what's going on but their email address bounces everything back. I contacted Insomniac and they said all they could do was pass the information along. Sony simply haven't responded.

The problem here is that you can potentially finish the game despite the error. I'm beginning to fear that we aren't going to get a patch. No-one involved with the game has even admitted there's a problem (that I know of).

Hopefully someone will get back to me (and there are a few other people posting in a gamefaqs forum on this) and if something comes up I'll post it here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Coodookie, I've also emailed Insomniac getting a similar reply, but they also said that they have received a significant amount of mails reporting the issue, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. As you mentioned, the error is not game breaking and it does not block progress as I said above, and as you mentioned the Jamming Array mission appears as not completed, but the coordinates for the next planet are in your ship, so that tick doesn't seem to be relevant. 

If the response is big enough, maybe and just maybe, we might get a solution, but as of right now, the problem doesn't seem to be on its way to be solved anytime soon. I'm playing through the game and so far I've only been thrown out of it twice, I'll try to continue until I get annoyed enough and I put it on hold lol 

If I find out anything new I'll post it here :D

Cool.

I have simply stopped playing until something is done. I love this series and have bought each and every entry day 1 so it breaks my heart to see it get so ignored like this. 

I'd even take a free digital download of 2 (even though I intentionally bought the cartridge to save memory) but the silence is p**sing me off (that and the people who are saying the freezes aren't a big deal!)

I hate people saying it's no big deal, the game QUITS several times! It's so annoying lol and you can't get the Map-o-matic from what I read, I know it's not really necessary, but as a completionist I'm in the right of considering this bug as a big deal. 

What has me worried is that they should've said something by now, but one thing in our favor is that the game isn't out in the US yet, so that might be our last chance to get some news :)

are these bugs exclusive to the disc version or are they in the digital version as well?

I've been reading here and there and apparently the issue is only happening with the physical version, I've read several digital owners reporting that the issue is not happening to them, so if you're interested in getting it, go for the digital version :)

As I said, the game hasn't landed in the US yet, so they might polish it before NA launch and then patch the EU version at the same time, it has happened before, but taking into account that Mass Media are the ones behind the Jak & Daxter Collection (sloppy work), we can't get our hopes up.......fingers crossed.

So this is how the error looks like :( sad to see another compilation for the Vita suffering this fate. Let's hope that the US version comes without this bug, and if that happens, the EU version will be patched. Don't know why the developers don't test their games prior of release to avoid this things.

Edited by Mah2c

Yeah, it's not cool at all :( 

I think the only thing we can do now is wait for the NA release, which should happen this month if what they said is true.....if the game comes out with the same issues there, we're doomed (at least physical owners >..<)

So this is how the error looks like :( sad to see another compilation for the Vita suffering this fate. Let's hope that the US version comes without this bug, and if that happens, the EU version will be patched. Don't know why the developers don't test their games prior of release to avoid this things.

They don't test any more because for years they were stretching things by testing less and less and most gamers just up and take it because a patch eventually comes. Unfortunately complacency is so commonplace with developers these days that I never purchase a game day 1 anymore (the exception being this one :(

Sometimes I don't know why I even bother at all :(

Sony finally responded to my first email. Going to be easier if I show you what I sent and their response.

I sent... I've tried getting in touch with both Mass Media (whose email address is bouncing) and Insomniac (who can't help) but Ratchet and Clank 2 is broken on Vita! On the Maktar resort level I cannot start the jamming array mission without my console registering an error and the game shutting down.

If anyone can please let me know when a fix is incoming it would be much appreciated!

And they replied with... I can see from your e-mail that you're having some problems with your SEN account. As we take the security of SEN accounts very seriously, we are unable to provide support on this matter by e-mail as we will need you to answer some security questions before we can investigate this further. We will need to speak with the account holder on the telephone as e-mail is not always 100% secure.

Therefore, I'd be grateful if you could please contact PlayStation Support on 0203 538 2665 where one of our agents will be happy to help.

So after a week of waiting i got a response that was nothing to do with my question! WTF SONY! I contacted the number and was on hold for 45 minutes with no answer before I got pissed off and nearly broke my phone!

Update. When I responded that my issue wasn't with my SEN account but rather with a game i got the following...

Thanks for your e-mail about your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

I can see from your e-mail that you're having some problems with content that you've bought from PlayStation Store. As this matter relates to your SEN account, we're unable to help via e-mail as we'll need you to answer some security questions before we can investigate this for you.

Therefore I'd be grateful if you could contact PlayStation Support on 0203 538 2665.

WTF!

Are you serious? My God, Sony is losing it lol 

They replied with totally unrelated things! Ugh, this is frustrating, I'm not gonna bother contacting them anymore, not worthy if I'm gonna get a random reply. We'll have to wait and cross fingers, I'll have my Collection on hold till NA release to see what happens.

Indeed. What I posted is exactly what I got. Simply copied and pasted from my inbox.

I've sent an email to IGN. Hoping they might know of a way to get some answers. I'm thinking they are journalists first and foremost and a story about a developer bouncing emails might get them interested ;)

• Like 1

Indeed. What I posted is exactly what I got. Simply copied and pasted from my inbox.

I've sent an email to IGN. Hoping they might know of a way to get some answers. I'm thinking they are journalists first and foremost and a story about a developer bouncing emails might get them interested ;)

That's a smart move hahaha :) keep us posted with whatever news you get, and thank you! :D

Finally got through to support on the phone. The guy I spoke to seemed baffled by the error. He has taken all my details and the code from the spine of the box. He said he's created a new error report and has 'escalated' it. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing but I will continue to post if anything happens to come of it.

B)

Thanks for the info, that might be good news, but something's telling me we're gonna be neglected :( looks like the Collection will be out in the US tomorrow, DIGITAL ONLY......conveniently enough, the one version without the error  :S

I hope I'm wrong though.....anyway, keep us posted if you find something else :D

The outcry over the lack of retail release in America is brilliant! Sony can't put out the retail game as it is now because no-one would actually buy it and they can't fix the American release without fixing the European one.

Looking like a potential win here ;)