Episode 3 Freezing

Dead Weight

I just started playing the game and got to Episode 3 but I can't get past  the "Previously on" Cinematics because it freezes.

All I get to see is Ichabod's name placer on his desk and then it freezes, Tried playing the game offline and online but nothing works.

I've been able to finally getting past it, pressed START during that interval and I'm not sure if that worked or not. Hopefully that helps anyone who is also experiencing the same. Shame the game suffers with technical issues

• Like 1

Telltale games all load in the background during cut-scenes, means they hang a lot and freeze for a few seconds.  It is a bloody annoying habit that I wish they would stop because it really breaks immersion.  Haven't had any true freezes though so glad you solved the issue.

Telltale games all load in the background during cut-scenes, means they hang a lot and freeze for a few seconds.

I wish they would stop

I haven't had any problem with Telltale games freezing and I own The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

• Like 1

I haven't had any problem with Telltale games freezing and I own The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 and The Wolf Among Us.

This.

I keep reading lots of issues with TT games on PS3 from other people, it's weird because for me it has been fine. Sure TWAO has some hiccups here and there, especially on some recaps, but for the rest it was fine and never froze on me (and I completed and platted it)

Don't know what's wrong, I bet it's a HDD related issue.

• Like 1

I had the game freeze on me 2 times on chapter 5 towards the end of the game. The game had just loaded the next scene and as wolf walked out of the elevator the game froze twice in that spot. So the 3rd time I paused the game just before it was goin to freeze and waited a min then resumed the game and had no problem finishing the game. Hope this might help you

Edited by weeztha
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm have severe trouble unlocking the Troll Funeral Rites fable in Episode 3. I have rewound the chapter several times, deleted the entire game date and re-installed the game and no dice. Looks like the only option will be to delete the game file and start this boring journey all over.

What a mess this game is.

I'm have severe trouble unlocking the Troll Funeral Rites fable in Episode 3. I have rewound the chapter several times, deleted the entire game date and re-installed the game and no dice. Looks like the only option will be to delete the game file and start this boring journey all over.

What a mess this game is.

There is one thing you may pay some special attention to -- you need to finish reading the cards on the table BEFORE Snow finishes her short speech, so, better hurry up once you get the control of Bigby.

HTH.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...