Premier League Discussion Thread

Precision-Playyy

If anyone is interested in helping count the scores that would be nice  :D

2nd Prediction

Okay so for this week i want you to predict the team to score 1st in each game, if you think there isn't going to be any goals just write 0-0.

Example:

Aston Villa v Newcastle (No Goals)

Chelsea v Leicester (Chelsea to score 1st)

Man City to score the quickest.

1 point for each correct result.

3 points if you get a 0-0 draw correct.

5 points if you can predict the team to score the quickest.

Saturday 23rd August:

Aston Villa v Newcastle

Chelsea v Leicester

Crystal Palace v West Ham

Southampton v West Brom

Swansea v Burnley

Everton v Arsenal

Sunday 24th August:

Hull v Stoke

Tottenham v QPR

Sunderland v Man Utd

Monday 25th August:

Man City v Liverpool

Deadline: Saturday 23rd August 12pm GMT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table:

KILLA_KEN1988 - 13

Wilbur Cobb - 11
FleaSixty - 10
dragnierkira - 8
heath_577 - 8
Kevinnummer1 - 8
Ryan-dav95 - 7
The_Dragon_Man - 7
Evzlad5 - 6
RickNU19 - 6
ToxiKirby - 6
AtlasGorland - 5
BAZINGA0802 - 5
Connman88 - 5
freddie1989 - 5
IntenseFATE98 - 5
TonyCROGamingHD - 5
Precision-Playy - 4
NIALLERMANBUZ - 3
Resident-Zelda - 1
Edited by Precision-Playy
  • Like 2

Would it be set out the same where you predict each result or would it just be that you pick a team?

Im not too sure yet, but id like to mix it up a bit, maybe a goal rush one week, then predict results etc etc, im going to discuss it with Conn anyway as im hoping he will help me run it.

I'd be up to it. I also follow La Liga closely, and until last season was following Serie A very close as well (Juventus's obvious dominance made me not want to pay attention to it last time lol), not to mention the Champions League. However, it's a bit tedois to predict 18 matches a week (or more, depending on how many leagues/tournaments we settle for).

Might as well just stick to predicting cups (Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup, I'd say), and leave the league stuff at  Fantasy.

i like the idea, Premier League, Champions league, yoiu could do a Europa league one but maybe cast a vote on what ones people would like to do, i also reckon that you should do one for ASIAN Cup, Africa Cup of Nations, the one for South American countries and also will Conn be doing another one for EURO 2016?

I'd be up to it. I also follow La Liga closely, and until last season was following Serie A very close as well (Juventus's obvious dominance made me not want to pay attention to it last time lol), not to mention the Champions League. However, it's a bit tedois to predict 18 matches a week (or more, depending on how many leagues/tournaments we settle for).

Might as well just stick to predicting cups (Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup, I'd say), and leave the league stuff at  Fantasy.

I have helped run something similar over on a Snooker site forum, basically instead of predicting 18 games in one fixture you would get to pick 5-6 games of your choice and predict the score for each game, so you would have a variety of games to choose from. Same with a goal rush, so it basically becomes like an accumulator.

I have helped run something similar over on a Snooker site forum, basically instead of predicting 18 games in one fixture you would get to pick 5-6 games of your choice and predict the score for each game, so you would have a variety of games to choose from. Same with a goal rush, so it basically becomes like an accumulator.

Sounds simple enough :P.

i like the idea, Premier League, Champions league, yoiu could do a Europa league one but maybe cast a vote on what ones people would like to do, i also reckon that you should do one for ASIAN Cup, Africa Cup of Nations, the one for South American countries and also will Conn be doing another one for EURO 2016?

We did 2012's Euro, so France 2016 is most likely happening too.

This, plus i only watch Cups and Champions League :P

The Champions League, Europa Cup and the Premiership sounds pretty good, maybe the guys who participate in these predictions could contribute into making the whole experience a whole lot interesting as to giving out prizes to first, second and third place finishes respectively?

I will be offering prizes, i just want to figure out what the majority of people prefer, and how many would be joining.

I would join. Personally I think just Premier league and champion's league but in separate threads. Europa league possible if enough people want it.

Just wondering, what would the prizes be?

I'll be entering :)

I agree with BAZINGA0802, I think Premier League and Champions League in separate forums. Europa League could be good as we'll but I think that a lot less people would follow that compared to Champions League or Premier League. I mean, I only follow it because Tottenham are ALWAYS in it lol

Also I take it there will be another Fantasy league on premierleague.com??

Maybe I did not explain myself properly in the previous post, so I will try again.

Members who participate in this could possibly contribute something each, maybe prizes or some sort of money and it all gets put into one big fund and it gets divided into three lots for 1st, 2nd and third place.

It's easier said than done, but if we could make it work it would create something special, I'm sure.

Edited by heath_577

Ok so i have decided to do it similar to the one i joined on Funkysnooker a few years back, but mixing it up a bit with the leagues, some of you may not know the foreign leagues very well but you will be given choices on which games you want to pick so just pick what feels comfortable for you.

Predict the scores of the opening games of the Premier League, fairly simple to break everyone back into the footballing season. Make a prediction for EVERY game. 1 point for correct result (Win/Draw/Loss) bonus 2 points for correct scoreline. Players also have a BANKER they can place on 1 game which will double the points they get from it.

Example:

Man Utd 2 v 1 Swansea

Leicester 0 v 2 Everton

QPR 1 v 1 Hull BANKER

But do this for all 10 games :)

Saturday 16th August:

Man Utd v Swansea

Leicester v Everton

QPR v Hull

Stoke v Aston Villa

West Brom v Sunderland

West Ham v Tottenham

Arsenal v Crystal Palace

Sunday 17th August:

Liverpool v Southampton

Newcastle v Man City

Monday 18th August:

Burnley v Chelsea

Deadline: Saturday 16th August 12:00 GMT.

All the times are done in GMT btw.

Edited by Pea-Tear-Griffin