Premier League Discussion Thread

Precision-Playyy

So Javier to Real Madrid on loan, and now there are rumors about supposed Real Madrid signing Falcao going to Manchester United on loan as well. If it does happen, I certainly hope Van Gaal gets his shit together and rapes Chelsea and Manchester City (and to lesser extents Arsenal and Liverpool), for they'll have enough firepower to score 5 goals a match lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this thread dead in the water? It hasn't been updated in a while.

Saturday 13th September

Arsenal 1-3 Man City 

Chelsea 2-0 Swansea

Crystal Palace 1-1 Burnley

Southampton 2-1 Newcastle

Stoke 1-0 Leicester

Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham

West Brom 0-1 Everton

Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 3-0 QPR (Banker)

Monday 15th September

Hull 0-0 West Ham

I'm wondering that myself but what the hell may as well post my predictions anyways :P

Saturday 13th September

Arsenal 1- Man City 

Chelsea 2-1 Swansea

Southampton 1-1 Newcastle

Stoke 2-0 Leicester

Sunderland 2-2 Tottenham

West Brom 0-2 Everton (Banker)

Liverpool 4-0 Aston Villa

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 2-0 QPR 

Monday 15th September

Hull 1-1 West Ham

Saturday 13th September

Arsenal 0-2 Man City Banker

Chelsea 3-0 Swansea

Crystal Palace 1-2 Burnley

Southampton 1-1 Newcastle

Stoke 2-1 Leicester

Sunderland 1-1 Tottenham

West Brom 1-1 Everton 

Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 2-1 QPR 

Monday 15th September

Hull 1-1 West Ham

Saturday 13th September

Arsenal 1- 1 Man City

Chelsea 2-0 Swansea

Crystal Palace 1-0 Burnley

Stoke 2-0 Leicester

Sunderland 1-1 Tottenham

West Brom 1-1 Everton

Liverpool 3-1 Aston Villa 1(Banker)

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 1-0 QPR

Monday 15th September

Hull 1-0 West Ham

Saturday 13th September 

Arsenal 1 Man City 0

Chelsea 2 Swansea 1

Crystal Palace 2 Burnley 0

Southampton 1 Newcastle 1

Stoke 1 Leicester 0

Sunderland 0 Tottenham 2

West Brom 1 Everton 1

Liverpool 3 Aston Villa 0 (Banker)

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 2 QPR o

Monday 15th September 

Hull 2 West Ham 1

Saturday 13th September

Arsenal 1-2 Man City

Chelsea 2-0 Swansea BANKER

Southampton 2-0 Newcastle

Stoke 2-1 Leicester

Sunderland 1-3 Tottenham

West Brom 0-1 Everton 

Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 2-0 QPR 

Monday 15th September

Hull 1-2 West Ham

Saturday 13th September

Arsenal 1-2 Man City

Chelsea 3-1 Swansea BANKER

Crystal Palace 2-1 Burnley

Southampton 2-2 Newcastle

Stoke 1-0 Leicester

Sunderland 0-2 Tottenham

West Brom 0-2 Everton 

Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 2-1 QPR 

Monday 15th September

Hull 1-1 West Ham

Whoops I guess I missed City vs Arsenal!

Chelsea 2-1 Swansea BANKER

Crystal Palace 1-0 Burnley

Stoke 1-0 Leicester

Sunderland 0-2 Tottenham

West Brom 1-2 Everton 

Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa

Sunday 14th September

Man Utd 3-1 QPR 

Monday 15th September

Hull 1-1 West Ham

No big deal, QPR are the whipping boys of the Premier League and it was at Old Trafford, Luis Van Gaal still has to convince me yet and by beating a relegation contender he has a long way to go.

I know - but a win is a win, even more so after they lose and tied against other crappy teams. I for one still don't trust that overrated dutchman and never will, but he's always been a lucky bastard.

• Like 1

I know - but a win is a win, even more so after they lose and tied against other crappy teams. I for one still don't trust that overrated dutchman and never will, but he's always been a lucky bastard.

With his record he is far from overrated, you earn your stars and he certainly has. He hasn't come out with bullshit at any point and is honest about the situation.

As far as the performance went, the diamond set up worked really well. It brought Herrera into the game, Di Maria was outstanding and I was impressed with Blind especially for a first game, he looked solid! Still think top 4 is possible, title is not!

With his record he is far from overrated, you earn your stars and he certainly has. He hasn't come out with bullshit at any point and is honest about the situation.

As far as the performance went, the diamond set up worked really well. It brought Herrera into the game, Di Maria was outstanding and I was impressed with Blind especially for a first game, he looked solid! Still think top 4 is possible, title is not!

There's too much behind every stars to just say the coach was fundamental in earning them. Guardiola's a great example of that. His honesty is welcomed, though - he knows and admits he ain't getting shit done.

I just hope they kick Chelsea's ass and ruin their chances - that's all I'm asking for hahahaha.

There's too much behind every stars to just say the coach was fundamental in earning them. Guardiola's a great example of that. His honesty is welcomed, though - he knows and admits he ain't getting shit done.

I just hope they kick Chelsea's ass and ruin their chances - that's all I'm asking for hahahaha.

Is Guardiola not one of the worst examples, look at the way Barcelona have been since he went?!

Van Gaal said yesterday he isn't writing off winning the league which is good to hear because as United boss you cant come out and say we wont win anything, mentally he has everything spot on!

Hi Everyone, i'm really sorry about this, but i cant carry this on. When i decided to set this up, my life was completely different and i had alot more spare time than is now the case. With the Trophy Hunters' League to run and with my life seemingly getting busier and my own gaming time getting cut down more and more, i have to cut things out, and unfortunately this is one of them :( i am happy however, for anyone of the participants to carry this on if they are willing, if someone is willing to step forward and take it off my hands, that would be great. Otherwise it ends here :( i'm sorry i have been such a bitter disappointment.

Is Guardiola not one of the worst examples, look at the way Barcelona have been since he went?!

Van Gaal said yesterday he isn't writing off winning the league which is good to hear because as United boss you cant come out and say we wont win anything, mentally he has everything spot on!

Eh, Guardiola copied Aragones's tactics with Spain and then focused on buying as many national team players as he could, he also was loved by refs all over the place (that semi-final against Chelsea is a perfect example among many). It was wasy as hell to notice he, as a coach, has little talent, for all those times they were either losing or tied, he wouldn't order any tactical changes nor do any modifications - he'd rely completely on his players. He also loved to make idiotic changes.  One of my favorite examples on that regard was a match they had against Arsenal, in which they were winning 0-1 at London. He changed Villa for someone else, the team lost most of its offensive capabilities, Wenger made 2 modifications and Arsenal won 2-1.

I also find it funny such a greaaat manager got himself a team that raped Barcelona 4-0 and 0-3, reinforced it, and got raped 0-4 at Munich. He's so stuck up his own arse copying Aragones he can't figure out another way to have his players play.

There's also how when he left Vilanova faced a lot of issues regarding injury, and when he left and Martino was in charge, he faced even worse injuries - especially Messi's, not to mention he was being forced to play Neymar, who couldn't play as well as he could (and never did) because the one playing in his position was Barcelona's golden-boy. Barcelona's debacle has little to do with it changing managers, and a lot to do with the issues they've faced regarding health, not to mention the blatant dislike many of the players had with Martino - much like some United players with Moyes (except Martino is a way better coach).

Good to see Van Gaal took that back. I still don't think they'll win, but as I said ,as long as they kick Chelsea's ass and get Top 4 I'm content.

Hi Everyone, i'm really sorry about this, but i cant carry this on. When i decided to set this up, my life was completely different and i had alot more spare time than is now the case. With the Trophy Hunters' League to run and with my life seemingly getting busier and my own gaming time getting cut down more and more, i have to cut things out, and unfortunately this is one of them :( i am happy however, for anyone of the participants to carry this on if they are willing, if someone is willing to step forward and take it off my hands, that would be great. Otherwise it ends here :( i'm sorry i have been such a bitter disappointment.

I don't think anyone will be willing to update everyone's scores each week especially since there are like 10 fixtures every week :blink: Maybe change the title to 'Premier League Season Discussion Thread' or something? :P A prediction contest without a prize would be dumb lol

That's disappointing to hear Precision :( here be my last predictions unless someone saves this thread 

Saturday September 20th 

QPR 0 Stoke 1

Aston Villa 0 Arsenal 2 

Burnley 0 Sunderland 2

Newcastle 0 Hull 0

Swansea 2 Southampton 1

West Ham 0 Liverpool 2

Sunday September 21st

Leicester 1 Man U 0

Tottenham 1 West Brom 1

Everton 2 Crystal Palace 0

Man City 1 Chelsea 2

I couldn't watch the mathc due to how early it was for me on the other side of the pond, but can anyone tell me what the nuts happened? I'm under the impression it all started with a penalty that shouldn't have been, but that's it.

I'd like to assume it was Van Gaal's idiocy and not really the defense's idiocy - but with Rojo there I can only hope that was it.