Have your say on ME4!

StrickenBiged

He y'all

Just thought I'd share that Bioware are gathering opinions for the next ME game.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/488827474336161792

Follow the link to take the survey. I can't link direct to the survey any more as the site recognises that I've already taken it.

Personally, I asked them to stop giving bonuses to the Renegade/Paragon levels as these incentivise the player to think about the next unlock rather than to think about the moral problem before them, which IMO chips away at your autonomy and prevents you from engaging in the story as deeply.

I also said that I thought ME3 could have been a lot better, particularly its ending which spoiled the whole series for me - I couldn't get back into ME1 or 2 afterwards because I felt that all the choices I was making were pointless. I stopped playing after that point, and didn't bother going back to see what the story patch had added to the ending.

Anyway, enjoy taking the survey.

Eliminate the ability to retalk to people, when they have nothing new to say. Nothing takes you out of a story faster than having people repeat the same dialog over and over and over again. It breaks immersion and reminds you you are in a videogame.

Also get rid of Shepard, wow what a boring and useless character. Everyone else has these neat backstories and cool designs and I am stuck playing as White Bread McGee.

Also get rid of Shepard, wow what a boring and useless character. Everyone else has these neat backstories and cool designs and I am stuck playing as White Bread McGee.

Don't you think that he was a "blank slate" as a design choice, to allow you to play him your way?

Don't you think that he was a "blank slate" as a design choice, to allow you to play him your way?

:awesome:

:awesome:

You only needed to type it once ^_^

That is the big reason I hate these "choice" games as instead of developers creating a complex and nuance character, they pull the "blank slate" card and give us a boring cutout character. At least in most games (like skyrim or persona) the main character doesn't talk so you can actually pretend you are that person. Shepard talks and has his own opinions...they are just really boring and drone like ones :P

You only needed to type it once ^_^

That is the big reason I hate these "choice" games as instead of developers creating a complex and nuance character, they pull the "blank slate" card and give us a boring cutout character. At least in most games (like skyrim or persona) the main character doesn't talk so you can actually pretend you are that person. Shepard talks and has his own opinions...they are just really boring and drone like ones :P

I see what you mean. Sort of like they couldn't decide if they wanted a JRPG (where player usually controls a character and follows a linear story) or a western RPG (where character is usually supposed to represent the player and story branches from there) and settled on a half-way.

I have to say that I didn't really feel put off by Shep when I played the trilogy. 

Is ME4 set after ME3? If so how are they going to get around the fact that the 3 endings to ME3 were so radically different? With some contrived writing no doubt...

Eliminate the ability to retalk to people, when they have nothing new to say. Nothing takes you out of a story faster than having people repeat the same dialog over and over and over again. It breaks immersion and reminds you you are in a videogame.

Shepard's story has come to a conclusion with ME3 so you needn't worry about seeing him again

I would like to see a more dynamic combat system, rather than the same old 'hide behind cover' Gears of War style of play

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...