cant "Where's My Cape?" trophy HELP PLZ

Gam3r_DevilSpain

I have not gotten the "Where's My Cape?" Trophy
I have a saved game on the mission where you get your last super powers.
I've done like 7 times, I upload my powers to the fullest and nothing at all ...
It is the only trophy I'm missing to get the platinum.
Can I get to a solution? or do I have to start the game from 0?

Searched around on some forums and it seems to be a known glitch. You will probably have to restart, and when you do, follow this exactly how it says: 

Purchase all Super Power upgrades.

GLITCHED!

This trophy can glitch on you. It may glitch on you if you max out any powers upgrades quite early into the game. So it is best to leave a couple from each power to near the end, or not upgrade them at all. Make a seperate save as soon as the mission "Betrayed" pops up in your quests in case it glitches (Read on for reasons why). Here's a method to fix the glitch, thanks to Ponypo2011 over at x360a:

You purchase super power upgrades by collecting Data Clusters that are spread throughout the map, of which there are 1225. You'll need to get all of these anyway so purchasing the upgrades won't be a problem. You'll also need to max out your level (50) to have all upgrades available for purchase. Some are also only unlocked through missions and side missions. After buying all of the upgrades you will have 190 data clusters left to spare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 
Good news people, I have solved this. I got hit by the glitch so decided to do some work. Do EXACTLY as I write below and you will 100% get the achievement. I will also explain why it glitches. Firstly, the bad news. You need a save before the "Betrayed" mission and I'd also advise not having done Gat's loyalty mission and not collected all the data clusters. Ok, if you have a save before all that, load it up and do the following :-

1 - Do all of Gat's side missions, heck do everyone's side missions and loyalty missions to make sure. 

2 - Once they are all clear, collect all the data clusters.

3 - Do the story missions up to and including "Betrayed".

4 - After that mission, you will have more new powers to unlock than if you tried to max them out before. Purchase them and enjoy your super glitchy achievement.

You see, if you try and purchase all the powers early, you're fucked. If you wait till later as posted above, you will gain access to 3-4 more powers than if you try earlier. This is the cause of the glitch.

Please can more people try these steps and confirm for me please. Just to clarify, I hit the glitch but was able to recover by loading a prior save and doing exactly as above.

Phew, hope this works for others!

EDIT :- Almost forgot, I still have one locked power to unlock for the fight clubs but this achievement only requires the power upgrades that you spend clusters on.

That's not a fix unfortunately.  I too followed the trophy guide and the suggested actions and there's an equal amount of people earned and didn't earn the trophy using that method. The developers were unable to recreate the glitch or find the source of it so they didn't patch it. Looks like you'll have to do another play through if you really want the trophy.

• Like 3

This glitch was something I discovered while I wss on the Kinzie mission. I had already maxed out everything and got all the clusters. The guy above me posted theknown way to get around it. However, as I had already maxed everything, I didnt want to restart the game. So I continued and got the final power. You should have 190 clusters remaining at the trophy pop

• Like 1

This glitch was something I discovered while I wss on the Kinzie mission. I had already maxed out everything and got all the clusters. The guy above me posted theknown way to get around it. However, as I had already maxed everything, I didnt want to restart the game. So I continued and got the final power. You should have 190 clusters remaining at the trophy pop

yes i have lvl 50 and 190 cluster, all challages only need that trophy... but restart the game... ufff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone know what I can upgrade without risking glitching this trophy? I've started again and was going to upgrade absolutely no powers but this game really sucks with basic powers. I'd love to be able to run up walls. I hate glitchy software like this. Really puts a sour taste in your mouth especially after well over 40 hours of grinding challenge bullshit.

Yes! It popped finally! 25 hours of duplicate playthrough and the bugger popped.

For the record to do all the side missions you will have to upgrade your jump height one, dash jump one, and jump glide. Those three are necessary to do all side missions. One of the hot spots given to you from Gat is impossible to reach without those upgrades. I'm skeptical if you have to do all side missions since they don't unlock the purchasable power upgrades but I played it safe.

From my bugged playthrough I did notice that Matt Miller's final round of side quests didn't show up until after the Kinzie gambit. During my second playthrough I did all his side quests before the Kinzie gambit with none showing up later so there could be some truth to the doing all side missions before the Kinzie gambit after all. If you do the Kinzie gambit and Matt's last side quests suddenly pop up you may also get the trophy glitch. Good luck all.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 7/17/2014 at 3:45 AM, TehCro said:

That's not a fix unfortunately.  I too followed the trophy guide and the suggested actions and there's an equal amount of people earned and didn't earn the trophy using that method. The developers were unable to recreate the glitch or find the source of it so they didn't patch it. Looks like you'll have to do another play through if you really want the trophy.

This just happened to me, thank god i had another save point in the middle of the game with like 40% of the game done.. Hopefully I am able to get it cause I refuse to do a full nother play through

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I got the glitch. Looking through my available saves, most of them already had 100% of everything purchased, so obviously I can't use any of those.

My next closet save goes all the way back to only 5 of the 8 super powers unlocked (3 active, 2 passive). Most of them still have at least one upgrade un-purchased, but Blast is 100% upgraded already. Nevertheless, that should be a fine save point to start from?