Five good things about yourself.

AssassinShadow56

Hey guys, I decided to make a Topic about 5 positive things about yourself. Some people have bad days, and almost get to flip a table because of that, but they don't because they have something good about them. This Topic is to bring positivity and get the bad things out of the way. Just say 5 good things about yourself, something that makes you feel good. I will start

1st thing on my list - I am a Completionist. I like to do games 100% (100% Save, not Trophies), it's a very good feeling and sometimes I get to think that I am better than some people around here.

2nd - I am a very positive person. Not joking, I think that I am a WHOLE New level of positive, I try to make other people laugh, I act dumb (it works, so there's nothing to worry about), and I get people to like me :)

3rd - I don't curse a lot. A major problem on the Modern Society is that most people curse and don't even think about what they're about to say. It also helps to be different from 10-15 years old acting like badasses but actually suck at life.

4th - Being different from others. I like to be a person that really is different from others, I think it's one of the best things about myself.

5th - The friends I was able to make so far. Friends are always good, and in my case, I have many (some of them are actually away right now, time to make plans with the ones I actually want to spend my time with) and it's always good to have someone watching your back and telling about their lifes.

That was 5 good things about myself, post 5 things about yourself, remember people, BE POSITIVE!

• Like 4

Okay, let's give this a go!

1. I'm driven. SERIOUSLY DRIVEN. With every single odd against me and everyone telling me I'm about to hit a wall, if I feel like what I'm doing is right, I go for it and fight for it, It tends to turn out great, but if I get it wrong, I learn from the hit, so it's a win-win situation. 

2. I'm a good listener. My mind is like a giant bag filled with sympathy. I listen to other people's concerns and issues and I try to put myself in their shoes and give them some solid advice. I also like sharing thoughts and concerns, but I keep that only for reaaaaally special people ^^

3. I have a crazy good memory. I remember stuff with little to zero effort, it helped me a lot during my academic life, and also in the learning of languages (English is not my native one, but at this point it pretty much feels like it lol)

4. I RESPECT. People are people no matter where they're from, what they do, who they pray to or who they love. I was brought up in a tolerant atmosphere, which made me understand and treat others as equals.

5. People say I'm a good person, I say it this way because that is not something you can really judge on your own. I try to make everyone around me feel like there's nothing to worry about, like they can be comfortable and open up without fear of being stabbed on the back. I don't know, I value someone's trust and someone's feelings, whether friendship, love, admiration or simply respect. I think you should treat others the way you'd like to be treated, and I have to admit, things have been pretty damn good so far, so I won't be changing methods anytime soon :D

• Like 4

This is gonna be tough..  but here goes nothing.

1. I'm a perfectionist: I like everything to be perfect.. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing though.
  2. I eat healthy.
  3. I exercise a lot.  Walking and weights.

I couldn't think up 5 things.. there's more bad than good to be said about me :(

• Like 2

All I can usually think of myself are the many bad things. But here are some of the good things about myself that I though of:

1. I'm open-minded. My mind is open to new ideas, new experiences, etc. I give them a try and if it doesn't work out the way I expected, I stop it. I'm not wasting any more of my time on utter failures especially if they're my own fault including failing repeatedly in a video game.

2. I'm helpful. I help people when they need it. If I can't help, I walk away and look for solutions on the internet or somebody who can actually help. I do not, however, participate in highly-mindful team work that requires a lot of communication. I'm terrible at communication and I don't want to be involved in politics or other peoples' shit or having to agree to terms that I don't. I'm not a team player but I am helpful.

3. I treat people in the way I'd like to be treated. I don't hurt others, troll, or engage in fights or flame wars. I treat people with respect and I expect them to give it back to me, and they should know that I don't maintain eye contact and that it doesn't mean I'm not listening. If somebody called me a yelled at me angrily and out of control, called me a hurtful name, trolled me, or anything hurtful, I just ignore them. I want to kill them instead, but I don't want to serve time in prison. I forgive people after they made a mistake and admitted it. Seriously, why don't people forgive others for their mistakes and failures?

4. I'm good at math. Even college math makes total sense to me. It's almost like plug-and-play to me. That's why I usually get good grades in math courses. I studied accounting in university and it is very different; you really need to know how to account for all of those different numbers such as assets and accounts receivable.

5. I'm weird. I may not be "normal", but it's good to be even a bit weird in personality and in a conversation!  :lol:

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_
  • Like 1

This is gonna be tough..  but here goes nothing.

1. I'm a perfectionist: I like everything to be perfect.. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing though.
  2. I eat healthy.
  3. I exercise a lot.  Walking and weights.

I couldn't think up 5 things.. there's more bad than good to be said about me :(

4. You don't drink alcohol

5. Great artist 

;)

hmmmmm.... 

1. Optimist - I am the type of guy that always thinks there is always a rainbow after the rain ^_^

2. Patient - thanks to video games. 

3. Loyal

4. Good Listener

5. Happy Go Lucky guy... which is a good thing right?

• Like 3

4. You don't drink alcohol

Drinking alcohol is a bad thing? Err I don't think so. Not being able to control your alcohol consumption on the other hand ...

While I'm here might as well say a few things about myself.

1. I don't like things keep me down. There have been plenty of times where I'd have every right to be a sulky twat but it's just not worth it. Move on from stuff and life is just way better.
  2. I'm intelligent. I'm no genius, but I'm more than capable with book smarts and street smarts. It's served me well so far in life so I consider it a very good thing.
  3. I find it easy to get along with people. I attribute this partially to not letting things keep me down and being positive a lot. Nobody likes talking to a debbie downer all day, they enjoy being in the company of somebody who's happy.
  4. I put in the work and dedication when it matters. Sure I slack off from time to time, but when the time comes I am capable of committing myself to something to achieve the desired results.
  5. I'm in good health. Can't beat being in good shape. Having the ability to make full use of my body is a great feeling

• Like 1

Drinking alcohol is a bad thing? Err I don't think so. Not being able to control your alcohol consumption on the other hand ...

ehe... don't consider it a bad thing also IMO.. but for 18+ that can resist the temptation of drinking alcohol... it's a good thing IMO ^_^

1. I always tip my hookers.

2. I always keep my fecal matter bucket in the corner of the room beside the window: cleanliness is of utmost importance. 

3. After I yell abusive obscenities at strangers who tell me to leave the store, I always apologise for the lack of trousers.

4. I know to call it quits after the third bottle of wine - it's good to know your limits whenever you're at a funeral.

5. I'm not one for conjecture or hyperbole.  

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Well here's mine.

1. Helpful most of the time if I understand what you need help with also means if you ask for help on a certain game I know I could possibly provide help ?.

2. Positive I guess no Not positive on the current virus :P.

3. I do not drink or smoke both will really effect you in the future ❎.

4. I exercise a lot not everyday ?.

5. I also eat healthy quite obviously ?.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

I've always hated discussing positive things about myself because I don't really know how accurate they are, dunno how to be certain if what I think are positive traits I possess actually exist or not, but here goes...

• I enjoy learning about things. I often feel I'm a bit of a "jack of all trades, master of none" in this sense, since I'll get interested in a topic, do some digging for a bit, then move onto the next thing, but at least I have surface level knowledge about a somewhat sizeable range of topics, I guess...?

• I don't have much patience for other people's nonsense. But that being said, I still struggle with this a bit, I was kind of a doormat throughout my childhood and early adult years, and contrary to believing it might make people like me more, or at least not be as hostile towards me, it just gave them an inch, and they took a mile 9 times out of 10. It made me miserable. I've lost a lot of patience for people being assholes or otherwise trying to manipulate me, and will often just try to remove myself from those situations when they arise, if at all possible. If not, I tend to be just as bitchy right back.

• Not sure if if I'd say it's a "positive" trait, as it's both a blessing and a curse, but I can be insanely stubborn and refuse to give up on things that I'm extremely determined about. Oftentimes, these things are just games or something otherwise kind of trivial which definitely nullifies a lot of the "positive" attribute of this trait in my eyes.

• I'm told I'm funny, apparently. Don't have strong feelings on this either way, as I'm rarely actively trying to be humorous, I just say dumb shit.

• This is one that's been confirmed by others a few times, so I assume it has some validity - I'm a fairly honest person, and generally don't have reservations about admitting my own faults or times I've wronged someone. I may not be great at owning up to my BS in the moment, but once things have cooled, I do try to make an effort to apologise and rectify things. Those sometimes I don't always know when I've upset someone or otherwise fucked up, and sometimes I think I've screwed up when I haven't, which has led to many misunderstandings and needless conflict, but that's prolly thanks to my autistic brain if anything.
  • Like 1

It's impossible but I'll try:
1 - I like call myself "a shock worker", because I'm kinda workoholic. I believe in hard "work-soft bed" rule, I'm punctual, and give 100% of myself to get things done.
2 - Never had a ticket, my passengers called me "safest driver".
3 - I love to repair things myself.
4 - I smoke, but never in a presence of non-smokers.
5 - Though I don't consider myself aggresive, I would stand in defence of those who need it. 

• Like 1

I like this thread @AssassinShadow56, thank you for making it.

1. Caring nature. I work as a mental health nurse and I really do feel it is one of my true callings in life. I feel I can care for most people unconditionally and being very empathic I find it easy to go on the patient recovery journey together, something most of my patients respond very well too. I feel I am quite skilled at nursing and it's one of the only things I'm truely proud about.

2. I am not intelligent or always original in thinking but I like to think I can think in different ways according to the situation. At work I'm very good at doing things that consider many different elements or working at a very complex level. Because I have to do a lot of investigations and audits too I have a good set of critical thinking and problem solving skills for this (serious, I get head hunted to do this sometimes and I think it'll be my future dream job to be part detective/auditor part nurse :)) I annoy everyone I work with by suggesting something and then once they agree on it, adopt a stance against it... just to test the strength of my original idea.

3. Dilligent. I take anything I've been tasked with very seriously. I find it hard to do things for myself however.

4. Believing in others. I believe that if people want something and try hard enough they will usually get close to the result they want, especially when they work with others. This is quite a naive mindset, even in healthcare there are many different movitions that drive people and my 'the ward is a family' 'power of friendship' stuff doesn't wash with everyone. I feel this is ultimately a strength though, I don't give up on people - allowing second chances, helping people change (if they want it bad enough) and recognition/cultivating individuals that people may have given up on.

5. Fun loving. While pretty serious about important things I love simple, clean fun - things like novelty, co-operation/light competition and being challenged are all great. I love when others have fun too :)