Portal 2 PS3 Not Connecting To Steam

xVolloxx

Hi everyone 

For the last 2 days iv'e been re-playing Portal 2 

and as i went to do the coop it won't load because i cannot connect to steam 

it just says ''failed to connect to steam'' iv'e tried over and over for around an hour 

and it just won't connect , looked online and no one seems to have an answer 

Any ideas ? 

are you trying to join a friend or just a random? I never had luck with a random person. took upwards of 10 attempts when I tried to connect to a friend before.

None of the above , i just go to play cooperative and it says connecting to steam 

and then it just doesn't connect no matter what .

i think its a steam thing, they probably messed something up

a few days ago CSGO for ps3 crashed on me and my friends in the middle of a game

then the online stopped working, now it says Failed to connect to steam everytime (3 days so far)

EDIT 1: july 23rd 2014 the multiplayer for csgo is working again (after a week of downtime)

Edited by REAPER64124
  • Like 1

i think its a steam thing, they probably messed something up

a few days ago CSGO for ps3 crashed on me and my friends in the middle of a game

then the online stopped working, now it says Failed to connect to steam everytime (3 days so far)

Please send a question to support here: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php (there is "XBOX/PS3 support" category). Me and someone from playstationtrophies did it already, but the more people do it, the better chance is they will fix the problem.

• Like 1

same problem for me, been waiting for days. i also sent a question but no answer. i was doing coop trophies with a partner first day it was all fine, the other day, boom, steam connection failed :(

still want that platinum

I try each day a couple of minutes, I just started the game and I hope that this one hasn't became an unobtainable platinum. I love this game and it deserves a nice 100%.

Exactly what I think. Hopefully we will get the plat.

Has anybody figured out what the deal with this is? Me and a friend tried for over an hour to connect to steam but it would either fail or just hang. This is going to be so frustrating if I can't do the co op for this game.

I opened a thread in steam forums and messaged steam support a number of times but no one answered. 

My ticket is: https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=8194-OGHM-5230

Is is spanish, but the summarizing:

First answer: A link to the Steam FAQ about network configuration for PC.

My respone: The pruposed solution is not related with my question ¬¬'

Second answer: A link the the Steam FAQ about network configuration for PS3.

My respone: Is not a problem related with my PS3 system, nobody can connect (with link to a couple of forum threads).

Last answer: Sorry, we can't provide any assistance on that issue.

My last response: Dafuq? But it work again anytime?