xVolloxx

Portal 2 PS3 Not Connecting To Steam

115 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2018 at 8:30 AM, Kristmas2 said:

"Portal 2 on PS3 is no longer supported. Some features, including cross-platform multiplayer, may not function correctly."

 

source:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388

 

Despite the servers being unreachable at the moment, the linked statement is from 2016:

 

https://web.archive.org/web/20161227193512/https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388

 

The downtime could be temporary (something a reboot could fix), it could be an internal change to the servers (they are not going to fix that because the support has been dropped) or it could be intentional and probably related to GDPR.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portal 2 servers probably were shut down intentionally because of GDPR (as expected). Here is a somewhat official statement regarding CS:GO. It probably also applies to Portal 2:

 

Quote

As you may know, GDPR legislation is going into effect worldwide on May 25th. Unfortunately, we no longer have an established process to deliver title updates for CS:GO on PlayStation 3 to make it compliant with GDPR. Because of this, we have turned off CS:GO's official game servers on PlayStation 3. The game will remain fully playable in offline modes, but PS3 CS:GO players will no longer be able to sign into Steam or play online against other PS3 players.

 

source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/6231617-post9028.html

original source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/1692669912398496957/#c1694922980043732397

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big loss for CS:GO, they didn't even bother releasing it outside the States.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GastNDorf said:

Here goes another unachievable down my list...

 

 

Gonesteam when? 

It's impossible to sign in since May 15th ;/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kristmas2 said:

It's impossible to sign in since May 15th ;/

 

Ah, yes I got that.

 

I was actually referng to the miracle that happened to Bulletstorm and some other games, whose online got resurrected by a third party program called Gonespy (due to the name of former company Gamespy who handled the servers for these games, being shut down).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GastNDorf said:

 

Ah, yes I got that.

 

I was actually referng to the miracle that happened to Bulletstorm and some other games, whose online got resurrected by a third party program called Gonespy (due to the name of former company Gamespy who handled the servers for these games, being shut down).

Ah ;D Ok, i get it now :) My bad :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 9:52 AM, GastNDorf said:

Here goes another unachievable down my list...

 

 

Gonesteam when? 

 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:58 AM, Kristmas2 said:

Ah ;D Ok, i get it now :) My bad :)

 

I dunno, looks like people are still earning coop trophies https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/869-portal-2/31-high-five Maybe it's working again? I do know that PS3 requires a code to play online, meaning either you get a new copy of the game or buy the Steam version as well. If there was a "Gonesteam", it'd make life so much easier, since Valve doesn't give a shit about PS3. 

 

Edit: Yeah, seems Portal 2 is definitely dead. No players earned these trophies since May https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/869-portal-2/43-professor-portal https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/869-portal-2/51-friends-list-with-benefits 

 

Come on Valve, do better!

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2018 at 3:07 PM, Armored Squirrel said:

 

 

I dunno, looks like people are still earning coop trophies https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/869-portal-2/31-high-five Maybe it's working again? I do know that PS3 requires a code to play online, meaning either you get a new copy of the game or buy the Steam version as well. If there was a "Gonesteam", it'd make life so much easier, since Valve doesn't give a shit about PS3. 

 

Edit: Yeah, seems Portal 2 is definitely dead. No players earned these trophies since May https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/869-portal-2/43-professor-portal https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/869-portal-2/51-friends-list-with-benefits 

 

Come on Valve, do better!

 

You can earn most coop trophies in splitscreen that's why people keep getting trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Connection on PS3 was always atrocious. Why they didn't release it on PS3 like they did on X360 (not having to link to a Steam account), I'll never know. Even after I bought Portal 2 on Steam, the connection was horrible. Asked for a refund in the end and just played it offline with my brother-in-law. Too bad I'll never get the platinum, this was actually one of my first ever 100%s on X360.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

Connection on PS3 was always atrocious. Why they didn't release it on PS3 like they did on X360 (not having to link to a Steam account), I'll never know. Even after I bought Portal 2 on Steam, the connection was horrible. Asked for a refund in the end and just played it offline with my brother-in-law. Too bad I'll never get the platinum, this was actually one of my first ever 100%s on X360.

Maybe one day someone can make an alternate server for the Steam games, like Gonespy did for Bullestorm. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A person got it in July, but think he/she used a game save coz those timestamps look suspicious lol

 

Anyways this most likely went down coz of GDPR which affected quite a few games. 

 

Apparently Steam only made a statement regarding CS:GO on PS3 & pretended Portal 2 doesn't exist https://steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/1692669912398496957/#c1694922980043732397

 

Edited by BlindMango
Removed profile name
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 4:45 AM, oOMementoMoriOo said:

A person got it in July, but think he/she used a game save coz those timestamps look suspicious lol

 

Anyways this most likely went down coz of GDPR which affected quite a few games. 

 

Apparently Steam only made a statement regarding CS:GO on PS3 & pretended Portal 2 doesn't exist https://steamcommunity.com/app/620/discussions/0/1692669912398496957/#c1694922980043732397

 

 

But how would he have triggered it even with cheats if he can't connect online?

Unless you can play in LAN with two consoles? Would be great if that was the case.

 

Edited by BlindMango
Adjusted quote
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

 

But how would he have triggered it even with cheats if he can't connect online?

Unless you can play in LAN with two consoles? Would be great if that was the case.

 

Idk...basically the game won't let u load the co-op campaign until after u have successfully logged into/connected to Steam..otherwise the game times out while trying to load the co-op campaign if u have a weak connection. Unless there's a way around it like how ppl got Bulletstorm on PS3 to work to make the game think it has connected to Steam hmmm...but the problem with P2 is that the game won't let u log into the Steam interface even before any campaign is attempted. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.
 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
Found my old PS3 that I did the online coop on.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.