How do I delete the trophies of a game?

dany5xd

• 3 weeks later...

I've emailed sony support about this a number of times, and had some strange responses that ended up with 'share your idea on the blog', (there is a 380+ comment post dating back to 2010 on there already). But apparently being able to delete -any- game will never happen because of the attacks on psn and the obvious problems it could cause.

I wasn't very cautious with my list at first, and let a number of people play games through my account so i have the same problem everybody else has. It's disappointing that sony can't find a work around for this, but understandable at the same time.

I thought about creating a new account, but to be honest, i doubt you will be able to keep it under control so to speak. with dlc, glitches, demo trophies and all that, you're bound to slip up a couple times, and then you're back to square one, minus your old trophies.

I've emailed sony support about this a number of times, and had some strange responses that ended up with 'share your idea on the blog', (there is a 380+ comment post dating back to 2010 on there already). But apparently being able to delete -any- game will never happen because of the attacks on psn and the obvious problems it could cause.

I wasn't very cautious with my list at first, and let a number of people play games through my account so i have the same problem everybody else has. It's disappointing that sony can't find a work around for this, but understandable at the same time.

I thought about creating a new account, but to be honest, i doubt you will be able to keep it under control so to speak. with dlc, glitches, demo trophies and all that, you're bound to slip up a couple times, and then you're back to square one, minus your old trophies.

Yup, that is pretty much what happened to me, except I NEVER let others play on my account.

I borrowed Street Fighter 4 from a friend when it was released. Only earned 1 trophy and was stuck at 1% for almost 2 years; so I bought a used copy and finished it. All of my games are 100% complete. Once you start up a new game, it will remain in your trophy section permanently (even at 0%). Best thing to do is just play it or get used to seeing it unfinished.

The trophies wouldn't have installed if the game didn't work.

It depends on how the game didn't work, which wasn't really specified. It could be that the game crashes in the same spot every time upon starting a new game, or at the main menu, or whatever. But a game could certainly be running long enough to add the trophy list to your profile before it stops working.

You can delete Achievements on the 360?

Yep, any game where you have 0 achievements can be deleted from your profile. They added this because Xbox Live Arcade demos used to add the game's achievement list to your profile. Playing lots of demos left lots of 0/200s on your profile, and people hated that. So first they fixed it so demos don't add the achievement lists to your profile anymore, and then they added the delete option so long time 360 players could clear out all the old ones that had already been put on their profiles. The feature works for any game though as long as you have no achievements yet.

• 1 month later...

I've many a game on my account where I have under 10% trophies, a lot of those even being 0%, Some I just didnt like (POP:Warrior Within), some I loved, but couldn't get a trophy to save my life (Pain), and some where I've immensely enjoyed the game but they want some stupid quota for a trophy (WKC), and one because it crashed every time it started. (sam and max), Its not something I worry about.

At the end of the day, it means PSN friends can get an idea of what games I'm into, and what games I'm not. don't let a trophy count ruin your gaming experience, and if you really are that bothered about it buy another copy of the game. As for 100% and platinum streaks and all that pizazz, I really don't care about all of that.

• Like 3

I've many a game on my account where I have under 10% trophies, a lot of those even being 0%, Some I just didnt like (POP:Warrior Within), some I loved, but couldn't get a trophy to save my life (Pain), and some where I've immensely enjoyed the game but they want some stupid quota for a trophy (WKC), and one because it crashed every time it started. (sam and max), Its not something I worry about.

At the end of the day, it means PSN friends can get an idea of what games I'm into, and what games I'm not. don't let a trophy count ruin your gaming experience, and if you really are that bothered about it buy another copy of the game. As for 100% and platinum streaks and all that pizazz, I really don't care about all of that.

Well said - if I could kiss you I would. :) Hard to believe there are still people on this site that enjoy playing the game instead of striving for an imaginary trophy that nobody in real life cares two shits about. Just sayin'!

Well said - if I could kiss you I would. :) Hard to believe there are still people on this site that enjoy playing the game instead of striving for an imaginary trophy that nobody in real life cares two shits about. Just sayin'!

I only play the game after I have all the trophies if I really enjoy the game and if it's not story only, like WWE smackdown vs raw 2011 on PS2 that yu have to superstars mode where there you could play every match of the shows, and if I had WWE'12 (which I don't :angry: ) I would win the trophys that game have, but then I would still play that game because of wwe universe 2.0 mode, but this is my opinion the others could do the same or simply try to achieve 100% in every game, like I have NFS Shift in disc, but I will not finish the trophys because I don't like racing games.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes you can but IF you did NOT sync them...

Sync first, go offline(just to be sure) put disc in, it creates trophylist, quit game, make a backup, restore backup,

When you restore your backup and go to sync trophies the new list is gone because you never sync it...

Lets say you had 20% trophies and you play more and get to 25%, you get suddenly YLOD :blink:

BUT thank god you have backup which u did last nite... so you but it in your new PS3 and voilã, you got 20% again :huh:

Why??? 'cos you didn't sync your new trophies

Almost happened to me when i played QoS few years ago... got YLOD few min after i got some online trophy.

And being cautious try the games in another acc first. eg dummy acc which is never registered (local only)

This is very difficult to understand... :blink:

What he meant was that if you do not like the game/trophies there is a way to delete it from your account.

1- Don't sync trophies

2- Delete your account off PS3

If you do this then everything will be deleted from your PS3. Like others have said, if you're not sure about the game then use a dummy account.

dany5xd I don't see why you want to delete the trophies.. Shouldn't you try to get another copy of the game?