What is the best looking PS3 game you've played?

SIDEWINDER_21X

• 3 months later...

It depends if we're talking from a technical standpoint or an artistic one.

Artistically, I think that Fallout 3's art set such a great atmosphere and all add up to such a wonderfully immersive experience that it's easy to get lost in the game for an entire day without a thought as to how much time has gone by. Similarly, the meticulous attention to detail in Heavy Rain's art has the same effect, though setting a different mood. Valkyria Chronicles has superb cel-shading and the artistry there is beautiful, that game is gorgeous. WipEout HD's beautifully futuristic track and ship design mixed in with the entrancing Zone skins are also quite captivating.

Technically, it's a fight between Uncharted 3, Killzone 3 and again, Heavy Rain. The fidelity in those games is astounding, they look so real.

Surprised people are saying Final Fantasy 13 and not 13-2 :P

I thought 13-2 was better due to one part in particular that stuck out to me.

I was awe-struck by the The textures and patterns of the floating platforms on Academia 4XX near the end of the game. So detailed and looked amazing in HD, almost looked alive.

I agree with what most people here say, and I am glad Deth finally mentioned the game MGS4 as this game was pretty damn awesome in the graphics department.

Assassin's Creed was the first game I saw on the PS3 that totally blew me away though. After that the free range of Oblivion with it's huge world and detailed graphics in depth.

MGS4 was also a graphic masterpiece at the time.

That's all I will mention. I mean games keep getting better for the most part and in general you could mention any of the newer versions of games to say which had the best graphics. not always the case, but for the most part.

I'm going with Asura's Wrath. It may not be technically the prettiest game around but it appealed to the artist in me more than any other PS3 game so far. Little subtleties like the wood grain effect on the characters and the visual blend of futuristic sci-fi and traditional(ish) Asian mythology took this one above the rest for me.

Even though I sold the entire series a few days ago since I played the crap out of and platinumed U1, U2, and U3, I must say the Uncharted series as a whole has the best graphics any current-gen game or series can boast. B)

I'm going to have to give GT5 my vote as well. When I saw this picture I was absolutely stunned...

gran-turismo5-interior-photomode19-640x406.jpg

That is an in-game shot, no touch ups or anything. Credit goes to GTPlanet.net for the picture.

Still amazes me how good the GT5 interiors look.

Parker

• Like 4

I'm going to have to give GT5 my vote as well. When I saw this picture I was absolutely stunned...

That is an in-game shot, no touch ups or anything. Credit goes to GTPlanet.net for the picture.

Parker

That.......almost looks like what I would expect next-gen games to look like!!! I would have voted for that one, but I never have played it! :D

Parker

Holy crap. I definitely would have voted that (or at least voted it along with the games I picked) if I played it, because that looks amazing!

• 1 year later...