What is the best looking PS3 game you've played?

SIDEWINDER_21X

This list is for in game graphics!

#1 The Last Of Us

#2 Uncharted 3

#3 Gran Turismo 5

#4 Final Fantasy XIII

#5 Crysis 2 

Some other games that look really good are.

Bioshock Infinite

Battlefield 3

Tomb Raider

Dirt 3

GTA 5

Edited by StingRay7495

What game is this? Looks nice.

Although I'm not a fan of FPS, I don't think there's any denying that Bioshock Infinite looked really nice, and Mini Ninjas, Sly 4, Rayman Legends and GTAV look nice too.

Honourable mention: PES 14 :giggle:

name of the game

Journey-review-ps3-psn-psvita1.jpeg

its a PSN game made by 'ThatGameCompany'

Edited by BasickAlphabit
  • Like 1

Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 instantly come to mind. Far Cry 3 and a few of the Assassin's Creed games are gorgeous as far as the art design goes, but then I love bright, sunny, paradise-like settings. The Arkham games manage to combine the grittiness of the Nolan movies with the cartoon aesthetic (no small feat) which is due in large part to the visuals.

In terms of PS3, Battlefield 3 and The Last of Us would be my close seconds, BF3 managed to look brilliant while having all that intense warfare going on and The Last of Us's characters are so real and gritty! 

But for me Metro: Last Light takes the crown.....post-nuclear Moscow is just breathtaking and combine it with the game's awesome atmosphere makes a very impressive game environment!

Metro-Last-Light-pic-13.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Beyond Two Souls: It's literally there to be eye candy and tell a story with Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. 40% of the game is Frenchy slice of life moments watching Jodie grow up. 

God of War III: There's a reason it was used to display the PS3's power at launch.

Final Fantasy XIII: A lot of the game goes too fast to appreciate it, but they polished the graphics down to the pixel.

Grand Theft Auto IV & V: I still have trouble playing the next gen GTA's because it seems too real walking in to a fast food joint and shooting everyone. And the driving sucks. But graphically I have to hand it to them for inducing my revulsion even after playing all three PS2 games. Highest budget video games in history.

EDIT: I forgot The Last of Us. The commercial is what made me give in and buy a PS3 after years of putting it off. Brilliant concept and visual execution.

Dragons dogma dark arise is awesome to look at.

Dragon's Dogma deserves praise for the best full game character creation I've ever played. Some of the WWE games might be better by now but I haven't played them.

Edited by pipedreams88

Journey, no doubt. Not only does this game have some of the best graphics on Ps3, but it also has a beautiful artistic style to go along with it. Close second place would be Rayman Legends.

Considering the graphical capability of the system, in my opinion Final fantasy 13 shatters all other games in the graphics department, in terms of a graphic style that shines for the system, I would have to say wipeout HD

i only gonna count what i only played or own, and multiplatform is no match to exclusive when it's comes to visuals so i'm gonna split them into two groups, no 1st place or 2nd etc so no one gonna mistaken me as why i put this game at first while that in last.

EXCLUSIVES

Uncharted 2 & especially 3

Killzone 2 & 3

GT5

The last of Us ( though this can easily count as the best looking console game on the entire 7th gen console and it can easily stand on today standard )

God of War 3

LittleBigPlanet 2 ( even though LBP games was never been a graphical showoff, but well.. you need to look on cute things once in a while )

Metal Gear Solid 4 ( remember seen some pictures for it on a local video game magazine back in 2007 and i was like O.O then i saw some early footage of it in a video game TV show and i was like  :holy: then i finally played it back in 2010 and everything looks way much better while running in real time even in an SD TV.

Multiplatforms

Tomb Raider ( multiplayer is lame but this is one of the best looking multiplatform i ever have... so far at least. )

Red Dead Redemption

BatMan: Arkham City

Dead Space 3

Resident Evil 5 ( i think RE5 looks slightly better than 6 in term of backgrounds while RE6 looks way much better than 5 in the characters modeling )

The Saboteur

Final Fantasy XIII ( a fine example of " Graphics Don't Make a Good Game " this game have a good graphics and run really good too especially the ps3 version since it was meant to be a ps3 exclusive, but the game play.... man, i don't know )

Castlevania: lords of shadow ( some say it matched GOW3 graphics :| "must be those 360 fanboys at the time" well i got both, as much as it does looks good but it's no were near what i saw on God of War 3, GOW3 run in 60 fps, LOS run for the most part at 30 fps and in some area's it still drop under, i heard the 360 version have these froze frames each time you kill an enemy the ps3 version don't do that )    

Ok well so my choice will seem really weird, but I absolutely love the graphics of Fat Princess. I know it's cell shaded and in no means pushing the limits of gaming, but I just love looking at it. It's my favorite art style, everything about it is perfect imo. There's lots of detail also, like on the cobblestone paths and buildings. I play without blood because my son watches it too, but it still looks perfect. Even though there's still a lot of people playing it online I hope they make a sequel soon.

nothing really wrong with what you said :) i could name some ps1 games too but i kept it ps3's as the title described it, good graphics don't have to be super realistic or what been called " photo realistic " it can be anything, even 2D graphics can looks really good even today, rayman origins for an example.   

Edited by yellowwindow7