Tales of Symphonia:

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World:

Persona Q:

Persona 4 & Persona 4 Golden intros:

Disgaea 4:

Kingdom Hearts:

Fire Emblem: Awakening:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (I like all the SSB intros, but Melee tops them all):

Of course I like more, but these were the ones that I remember off the top of my head.

Im not one of those insane emo kids that make out that FFVII was without flaws, but its into was pretty incredible at the time.

The Last of Us, and Uncharted 2 are very cool intros, as were God of War 2 and Darksiders (who doesnt love a little Abilitease?!)

Love the sylish into to Borderlands (shame that it leads into such a bland game tho!)

Also, I was impressed with how good the into scene of Beyond: Two Souls was - gamw couldnt keep the pace up, but that into was great!

One of my all time favorites is BioShock. Loved the atmosphere and the intro is awesome. Don't know how to embed but do yourself a favor go look it up.   EDIT: I figured it out haha. newbie.

Edited by H0RxHAY
  • Like 1

I'll have to go with others and say Playstation All Stars.  Even though they were trying to rip off Smash Bros, their intro song was really good.  (Before game starts)

Also, being a Kingdom Hearts fan, I have to throw in both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2. (Intro after you start the game)

Almost all Square Enix-made games have a special nostalgic place in my heart and also get brownie points for just general epicness, top examples being Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VIII, and Kingdom Hearts.  Another one that brings back memories is Megaman X Command Mission, damn that game's soundtrack was great.

Of modern games though, Atelier Shallie, although not yet released in the west, has a freaking beautiful with one of the most amazing vocal OPs of recent years to me.  Others recent examples would include Last of Us, Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd and Tales of Graces.

• Like 2

The Mass Effect 2 prologue is my favourite by far. The first time I played the game it was so intense to watch that entire sequence play out, and having played through the first game multiple times beforehand, seeing Shep and the Normandy that way was a shock. So epic.

• 2 years later...

The intro to PREY - basically the first 20mins until the 'smash-the-glass' (you know what bit I mean) was so cool i reset the game and made my wife play it again so she could get the same 'Oh shit!' moment.

also, the new DOOM intro (up to the shotgun-cock' is fucking ace!

I love the FFX opening blitzball sequence, I was sat open mouthed the first time I saw it when I first got the game. I'd never seen graphics like it. This was back in 2001 remember. I still don't know what the song is to this day.

Edited by wolverine123

Mass Effect 2, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, The Last Of Us, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, No Man's Sky (regardless of main game flaws, that intro with the 65daysofstatic music was amazing and really managed to set the tone), Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Red Dead Redemption...

Damn, do I have to pick one favourite? There's so many awesome intros out there, perfect in their own way for their own games...

I'll also nominate The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time as a game with both a great intro as well as an intro that managed to annoy me to no end, due to it being a string of long and unskippable cutscenes.

Dark Souls had an epic opening cutscene, so metal.

Dead space, will never forget sitting listening to Kendra and Hammond as the ship comes out of warp and being amazed by the vista that confronted me.

The Last of Us, just a great setup for what was to come.

Final Fantasy 8, one of my all time favourite games, still love that cutscene.

2 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

I love the FFX opening blitzball sequence, I was sat open mouthed the first time I saw it when I first got the game. I'd never seen graphics like it. This was back in 2001 remember. I still don't know what the song is to this day.

I was the same back in 2001, the track is called 'Otherworld' if you're still interested.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

I was the same back in 2001, the track is called 'Otherworld' if you're still interested.

Thanks man, just looked it up. I never realised it was written specifically for the game, I'd always just assumed it was a metal song they found and used.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...