Thoughts on trophy list?

Happy

So this is a game i've been quite excited for for quite some time and now it's confirmed to have a plat which is pretty cool. Now what are your thoughts on the game's trophies? They look pretty standard to me for the most part i think it's either the speedrun or beating the game on hard that will give people the most trouble.

I predict a 5-6/10 difficulty.

I'm really looking forward to this too; the original PC game was one of my first games and holds a lot of happy memories.

I never managed to rescue every Mudokon when I was a kid though, so that might be a challenge again. I imagine I might have to drop the difficulty to get the speed run one...

Did the original have difficulty levels? This game was so hard for me as a kid don't even think I ever beat it lol but It was still a blast. Day one buy from me but will not get the plat as speed run trophies are a no go here.

The original game only had one difficulty, and it was a hard game so not a lot of people ended up finishing it.

Does anyone know the release date ?

I believe it is the 22nd for NA, and the 23rd for EU. Can't wait.

Rescuing every Mudokon in less than three hours is a real bitch of a trophy. The original description was something like 'get the good ending and beat the best developer time'. Everything else should be okay. I will only play this on Hard, like a true Oddworld fan.  B)

The original game only had one difficulty, and it was a hard game so not a lot of people ended up finishing it.

I believe it is the 22nd for NA, and the 23rd for EU. Can't wait.

The devs have said that "hard" is about the same as the original game.

I heard it was 22nd for all regions.

New 'n' Hasty is going to take quite a lot to get. Obviously you will have to abuse save points etc, but you normally would have had to abuse checkpoints anyway. I think the hardest parts of the original game when going for rescuing everyone was this one checkpoint in the dark forest before a massive hole or whatever and back at the factory at the end. The rest shouldn't cause too much head ache.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Isn't there 300 Mudokons to save? And I can't wait for this game to be released for ps3. Gonna aim to get plat :3

There's 299 mudokons this time. There were 99 in the original but they've added a number of secret areas which contain the new 200.

Does anyone know how you become a mudokon-pop? I presume you have to get the bad-ending, but does that mean I have to start a new save slot and playthrough? (I got all 299 on my first, hard playthrough).

There's 299 mudokons this time. There were 99 in the original but they've added a number of secret areas which contain the new 200.

Does anyone know how you become a mudokon-pop? I presume you have to get the bad-ending, but does that mean I have to start a new save slot and playthrough? (I got all 299 on my first, hard playthrough).

Yes, you've gotta get the bad ending, and while I don't know if you can use your current file, I'd advise starting a new file anyway as I got the trophy when I did that.

I have reduced my original playthrough time by over an hour just through Chapter Select (and unlocked "No Place Like Home" in the process, as I found the two secret entrances I was missing in the temples).  I'm wondering if you can get that time under 3 hours total, if it will unlock the New 'n' Hasty trophy...  or if it has to be a single, straight playthrough to count for the trophy.  Might be worth looking into (would obviously be a lot easier to reduce time on certain chapters without having to play the whole story over again).

As for the 299 Mudokons, I think there are simply MORE Mudokons in New 'n' Tasty than there were in the original (most areas in the original game only had 3-5 Mudokons.  New 'n' Tasty has 12-15 in some ares).  All of the secret areas are basically the same, as far as I can tell.

I've also noticed that the update earlier this week seems to have improved control response quite a bit.  When I first started playing the game, I was having some control issues...  the last couple of days have seemed a lot smoother.  Anyone else notice?

Edited by BBurgSteve

• 3 weeks later...