Theist depressing thing just happened and I blame the developers

Shug244

My nephew just hit the power switch on the 6 way plug(I know that's not what it's called) and deleted all my data for watchdogs because it was saving at the moment.

I had just finished beating the game and was on my way to finishing my final human trafficking case when it happened,the reason I blame the developers is because common sense would have told them to allow us to manually save our game and have more than one save (for the sole purpose of avoiding this) so now I'm sad and angry because I have to start all the way over :(

I noticed to late that there was a small mistake in the title but that was only because my finger slipped and I'm on my iPhone so don't mention it grammar a-holes

Also I noticed a few words I had typed didn't appear,I don't know why my phone is messing up i need to trade it in.

So your nephew turned off the power and corrupted the save data that would happen for every game if that situation arose, yet you blame the developers? I don't think accidental power outages were exactly front and center in their mind when developing the game.

Im assuming you arent a PLUS member, right? This has happened to me in the past, but not because of power switches getting switched off. If you cant get a Plus membership just make a habit of saving all your save data to a USB drive everyday, trust me itll help a lot with these sort of headaches. Rather to lose a day of play than all your save data, shit happens though.

• Like 1

Everybody I'm not a plus sub anymore,also I couldn't make a back up save because I don't have a USB stick,and finally it is the developers fault because they should have enabled manual saving to avoid this (corrupted data is not a new thing) it is also ibis oft fault for not for ring them to implement that one small feature.

Developers sadly aren't part of the X-Men, as a result they would never be able to anticipate that you would have a 6 way plug and/or a nephew that would do something with it at the exact same time you were playing with Watchdogs at a crucial gameplay moment.

My advice:

- Keep your nephew away from the electrified 6 way plug while you are using something that is wired into it.
- Anticipate that this gameplay structure might cause you grief if something goes wrong and make sure you are taking responsibility to back up your game data.
- Consider getting Playstation Plus - as people have said, it is definitely worth it.

The best part about the three possibilities above is that you only need to implement one of them to help your problem from happening again. The developers aren't going to implement the change that you want, so no point in putting effort into blaming them :)

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

Everybody I'm not a plus sub anymore,also I couldn't make a back up save because I don't have a USB stick,and finally it is the developers fault because they should have enabled manual saving to avoid this (corrupted data is not a new thing) it is also ibis oft fault for not for ring them to implement that one small feature.

Well you know regardless to it being an auto save or manual the same thing could happen and if they implemented manual saves ud be upset that you forgot to save and loss your progress.

To be honest, its not really anyones fault accept you nephews, keep that kid away from stuff like that. 

But all games having the option to hard save should be a no brainer tbh. All devs are stupid in some way or another, but what are we the consumer able to do about it? Nothing im afraid so its just best to keep your head down and power through. 

• Like 2

You're mad, that's normal. It's an unfortunate situation but really nobody is to blame, sometimes these things just happen. We've all had a power outage, a plug coming loose, a battery dying. Just relax, calm down and realize it's not the end of the world. Learn from your experiences, from now on you know to back up saves. 

when you're nephew is playin on a game and has gotten quite far be sure to turn the electric off just as he is savin his game data... that should teach him a valuable lesson :D

Lol unfortunately my nephew is only 1 and he has a problem with trying to crawl in the middle of thing namely the tv and wall hence why this happened,and although he do constantly pick up my controller and try to play it (normally throwing it) I don't think he ever got far enough to need a save ;)

Well you know regardless to it being an auto save or manual the same thing could happen and if they implemented manual saves ud be upset that you forgot to save and loss your progress.

Whenever manual saves are implemented I always save either every 30min to a hour and as a just invade I make 2 saves at the same point and one where I won't mind going back to in order to do something I liked hence why this would not happened if manual saves existed in this game.

Lol unfortunately my nephew is only 1 and he has a problem with trying to crawl in the middle of thing namely the tv and wall hence why this happened,and although he do constantly pick up my controller and try to play it (normally throwing it) I don't think he ever got far enough to need a save ;)

Whenever manual saves are implemented I always save either every 30min to a hour and as a just invade I make 2 saves at the same point and one where I won't mind going back to in order to do something I liked hence why this would not happened if manual saves existed in this game.

1 year old nephew + electric plug socket = danger :S

I suppose it is a good thing nothing serious happened to him. I would probably be more worried about a 1 year old playing around a 6 way power plug than my Watchdogs save...

To the TC. if you want to assign blame, then it'd have to be on yourself in my opinion.

A year old is a baby, not even a toddler. It's a far cry from his fault, kids need to be watched like hawx. Also not ibisoft's fault (sorry).

As mentioned, be more concerned about the safety of the child than a bloody save. I had a $1500 acoustic guitar broken beyond repair by my 3 year old niece. It was ,Y fault for not watching her every second, and also for not putting the guitar in the hard shell case. A definite "oh shit" moment, but I didn't feel the urge to blame Taylor guitars for their craftsmanship, nor did I go to the internet to spew some rant.

In short, sorry your save is gone, but I really dont see what you want answered or done, this is game discussion after all. I'm not a "forumite", but the only thing in your post related to game discussion is the mention of a lack of manual saves. Deal with it, I guess?

Sidenote. Theists can be depressing now and then. Especially when your in the middle of a gaming session and they knock on your door, handing out the same brochure as a few months back when yu told them you weren't interested. Then you look at the pamphlet, and start to wonder about the "bigger picture", messing up your gaming mojo. Theists. Quite depressing :lol:

• Like 1

Sometimes shit happens, I've lost saves in at least 10 games over the years... and didn't blame the devs... Just gotta trudge through the game again if you want the platinum, or just shelve it. Placing blame does nothing to fix the problem... I'd also consider not allowing your nephew to interact with the electrical outlet. 

• 8 months later...

the save corrupt happened to me too, I don't blame the developers, it is a fault of your own, there is a warning during the boot up. also I just want to say I understand why they use autosave, frankly there are several save options I can think of, 1 autosave 2 save from menu and 3 save points but honestly thinking on it if it were one of the other two and you forgot to save you might complain that it didn't have auto save, so they are trying to make your gameplay more convienent, it isn't a developers fault they try to make it so saving isn't an issue you need to worry about, its them trying to help you, so in my advice, suck it up, keep a better eye on your kid, make sure he doesn't eat the disc cause apparently thats a thing with older kids and stupid parents so I read and buy a cheap usb or be a plus member to back those saves up. long live gamers. pie. nuff said. later