Wow! This game isn't doing well...

Dreakon139

http://www.metacriti...aystation-3/amy

A whopping 34 on Metacritic. I know, people have their own opinions and you need to try it for yourself to see if it's good, don't trust reviewers, blah blah blah. When this many people get together with negative overviews of the game... gotta think somethings up.

The game seemed like it had potential, anyone here have it and want to share their thoughts?

I've got it.

I find myself agreeing with many of the points the reviews make, but I'm enjoying anyway. Old-school survival horror, with an emphasis on hiding and avoiding combat wherever possible.

I went straight in on 'Hard', and it's bloody tough. I've just started Chapter 4 and am struggling. My biggest issue with the game is the save/checkpoint system - it only saves when you complete a chapter, not when you reach a checkpoint; so if you turn off before reaching the end of the chapter, you have to start the chapter again next time you play. So there's a lot of trial, error and repetition.

That said, if you keep your expectations in line with the price of the game, it's not too bad.

I honestly thought for a PSN game that is was pretty good. I agree that the save system is messed up as any one chapter can take up to 30 minutes to complete if you run straight through, and if you get frustrated and turn it off for a break or have to stop suddenly then starting over sucks.

• 1 year later...

I honestly don't think this game is that bad, lol xD I bought this for €2,99 on the EU store, I didn't even know what the game was about.

All depends on individual taste. Personally, after everything I read in various reviews (i read around to get a broader picture) I didn't think i'd enjoy it. I'm glad to hear SOMEONE liked it. I won't be buying it though. Even on sale price.

• 4 months later...

All depends on individual taste. Personally, after everything I read in various reviews (i read around to get a broader picture) I didn't think i'd enjoy it. I'm glad to hear SOMEONE liked it. I won't be buying it though. Even on sale price.

I'm not saying I enjoyed it, haha. But the way everyone talks about this game, saying it's horrible, it's just not true (in my opinion). I found the game playable, there was one part that really got me on Hard difficulty. I tried to take it slowly, but the monsters kept spotting me, so I end up rushing to my opjective with all the zombies chasing me and luckily for me it autosaved there so I didn't have to do that part again.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot to mention. The controls are horrible... You can't fight two zombies at the same time. Fighting one is even difficult.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got it.

I find myself agreeing with many of the points the reviews make, but I'm enjoying anyway. Old-school survival horror, with an emphasis on hiding and avoiding combat wherever possible.

I went straight in on 'Hard', and it's bloody tough. I've just started Chapter 4 and am struggling. My biggest issue with the game is the save/checkpoint system - it only saves when you complete a chapter, not when you reach a checkpoint; so if you turn off before reaching the end of the chapter, you have to start the chapter again next time you play. So there's a lot of trial, error and repetition.

That said, if you keep your expectations in line with the price of the game, it's not too bad.

I agree that the game has its problems but i don't think is a bad game, specially considering I paid around U$2,50 on psn.

Also it kind of reminds me of silent hill, and i love that. Many of the complaints were about the graphics, and I do like that

but fun comes first.

In my opinion people should play it. B)

• Like 1

In my own opinion while it's not that great a game it's not awful and it has some nice ideas, plus it's a lot closer to survival horror than a lot of supposed horror titles have achieved lately. Super cheap by now too so if you're a fan of the genre I definitely think it could be worth your time.

Glitchy as hell mechanics, super slow paced/boring gameplay, boring gimmicky story.  Only redeeming quality was that it was very short.  Usually this is a negative for me, but in the case of this game, the faster you can plow through it, the better :P