How long have you been trophy hunting?

katniss1444

I'm insanely impressed and mind blown seeing such high trophy levels and users with thousands of trophies. I got my ps3 in 2011, so it's taken me nearly 4 years to get to my current level. How many years have you spent trophy hunting to get to your current level?

Edited by katniss1444

I've had my PS3 since 2008, but I didn't start trophy hunting until November of 2013. Having to clean up about 5 years of not trophy hunting has been quite the challenge, but it's been cool to see my stats gradually increasing as I finish more and more games.

• Like 2

I got my PS3 in the summer of 2010 but only started going for trophies towards the end of 2011. The reason for it back then was to beat my brothers PSN level, but I still haven't surpassed him! At least I've got more plats than him now!

• Like 1

I used to only play FIFA,hour after hour,day after day,month after month,without even caring about trophies. But about a year ago I got fed up of FIFA. Around the same time I discovered this site,and it has totally changed my gaming. I know I don't have many trophies yet,but I am working on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Since 2009

I used to only play FIFA,hour after hour,day after day,month after month,without even caring about trophies. But about a year ago I got fed up of FIFA. Around the same time I discovered this site,and it has totally changed my gaming. I know I don't have many trophies yet,but I am working on that.

Its not just the trophies, its how much fun you have, thats why i only have 5 plats.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm insanely impressed and mind blown seeing such high trophy levels and users with thousands of trophies. I got my ps3 in 2011, so it's taken me nearly 4 years to get to my current level. How many years have you spent trophy hunting to get to your current level?

katniss1444.png

I had a ps3 back before it had trophies, so when trophies first came out they were for a very select few games, and didn't make trophy lists for older games.

But I did get serious about it in 2011 when my friend had gotten to 666 trophies and put a picture on facebook, when i got to 777 i did the same thing.

That started it all, then I started challenging people to having the most trophies, I am strongly at 5,483 trophies, with a goal of 6,000 for the end of the year.

But I guess to answer the question, 3 years now :)

March 2012. At some point during playing Dark Souls I decided that I should get myself my first platinum after looking through friends profiles, so many of who had platinums and being a wee bit jealous. So I got myself a trophy guide and got my first platinum.

Ha, just read what you had said, funny because my first platinum was Demon's Souls.