Will my save file work with the game of the year edition? And..

opikal

And is the DLC on the disc or is it a redeemable code? Thanks!

I was wondering about the save file because my Assasin's Creed II save did not work with the Ezio Trilogy edition and I had to go rent II just to finish the platinum.

If its like Skyrim or Fallout NV GOTY editions, it should carry over your save file. The expansions should be on disc, but you have to install them. (When you insert the disc, two disc options pop up, the second one is the DLC installer)

EDIT: I googled it and yes, your saves do carry over, except for some countries due to 'region locking issues' like Canada,

Edited by Saltyie

Thanks a lot! I plan to get it with gamestops buy 2 used games get 1 free, will end up with kingdom hearts HD, skyrim and this for around $40. 

Be careful with Fallout GOTY, they're rumoured to freeze up every now and then, and then completely at a certain point in the game

Be careful with Fallout GOTY, they're rumoured to freeze up every now and then, and then completely at a certain point in the game

Fallout 3 GOTY edition is meant to be more stable than the vanilla version with the DLC installed. Both versions will still freeze up though.

I have platinumed fallout 3 and played 1 of the dlc packs, and have only had 13 freezes. I will write a report for the forums here when I am done with the DLC. Disabling internet and autosave stopped it from screwing up often. 

• 4 weeks later...

i can also confirm it works, i also used a standard save on a goty edition. just watch out, certain dlc's will glitch on you if the game doesnt 'recognize', for lack of a better term, the progression of your story or the save points you made (e.g. the pitt in particular, radio signal may not appear if you go to vault 101 later in the game).

i also had problems with broken steel as my original save was right before the ending, so it appeared as dlc but wouldnt register so that i could continue after the ending, making me have to start a complete new playthrough :(

so check before you progress too far ;)

• 7 months later...