Was this game any good?

Boots_12345

I thought it was a little better than Heavy Rain, though others have said the opposite. It's really only good for the one playthrough though. I didn't want to go through the whole game multiple times to get the plat. If you want a game with replay value, this doesn't have it. If you want a good story buy it and play through it.

• Like 2

I personally liked the game but I've heard many others say they didn't like it and they reviews weren't  that great either.

Its easy plat if that's why you want to play it, but if you don't use a guide which I didn't I had to play it like 6 times which was really boring

• Like 1

yeah apparently its really rubbish and confusin but i remember many reviews sayin the same thing about heavy rain yet it was stunnin...

im gettin beyond eventually but the only thing im not goin to like about it is ellen pages' voice if they added it in lol...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I personally think its better than Heavy Rain by a little bit. i feel truly sorry for anyone who says dont buy it because its one of the most fantastic games ive ever played. if you do get it play on the higher 'difficulty' it doesnt make things harder but it changes the controls to give you more control and i get a feeling the people who say it was confusing think so because of the lower difficulty controls.

• Like 4

Loved the game, only gets a bit boring when you're going for platinum so you have to replay most of the chapters.

Only negative point is that certain decisions for example if a character dies or not, does not really have many consequences in the story

I don't think bts is good by any standards.

As a game it doesn't work. The gameplay is terribly boring and most of the things you can do have 0 impact on the story whatsoever.

At some QTE sections you can put the controller away and have the same results as succeeding.

As a movie it's also bad.

Characters show no development and the storytelling is awful; nothing is explained by actions, but by narration; the drastic change of Nathan near the end is a good example. Instead of developing the character of Nathan he pretty much stays the same the whole time but in the end he spits out all the changes in one big monolog. A good movie/game shows you these changes gradually by the decisions made.

And also I HATE that the game is non chronological.

1. It makes many choices you have to make worthless since we know Jodie will survive anyway.

2. It's a mess. Instead of having a great puzzle that gets resolved as we progress, we have a few action packed/important situations (the part after in the small town where she gets chased, the CIA Mission, underwater section, the ending part) that the developers want to show us. But there are too many holes in this story, instead of explanations how Jodie got in these situations we get tons of story that has nothing to do with anything else and just serves as a filler (Sheikh, Navajo, Party, The Bar etc)

• 2 weeks later...

And also I HATE that the game is non chronological.

1. It makes many choices you have to make worthless since we know Jodie will survive anyway.

2. It's a mess. Instead of having a great puzzle that gets resolved as we progress, we have a few action packed/important situations (the part after in the small town where she gets chased, the CIA Mission, underwater section, the ending part) that the developers want to show us. But there are too many holes in this story, instead of explanations how Jodie got in these situations we get tons of story that has nothing to do with anything else and just serves as a filler (Sheikh, Navajo, Party, The Bar etc)

1. Apparentely you didn't really play the game, since there are several endings with Jodie dying.

2. I thought the change between quiet episodes and action episodes was really good and kept it interesting. And I didn't think there were many holes in the story, everything made sense.

• Like 1

What I really liked about the game was the fact that it was two player, my Fiancé (girlfriend at the time) And I played it together. I was Aiden and she was Jodie. Had a blast :D So if you can find a buddy to play with, it becomes even better in my opinion. I can't deny the platinum being pretty long and was annoying...but was worth it in the end. Overall not a bad game :D

• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyed my first playthrough (not focussing on trophies) and liked the game very much. Getting the platinum wasn't as great since you have to replay a lot of stuff + it forced me to make choices I would not have made normally.

• Like 1