Was this game any good?

Boots_12345

I loved the story but it felt very set, with far fewer choices than Heavy Rain and the fact that the ending comes down to very few choices most of which you make in the epilogue sucks. Also the fact that Aiden can only interact with certain people at certain times and not others is slightly ridiculous.

Still it was a very enjoyable game

• Like 1

Just finished my first playthrough and am working on the plat now. I enjoyed the story and actually didn't mind that it was out of chronological order. To me, it raised the drama. Going from a heavy-duty action scene back to a relatively mundane scene of Jodie as a girl or teenager and back was jarring in a good way and highlights the scope of her journey.

However, I don't think Beyond was quite as good as Heavy Rain, just for the gameplay. Heavy Rain was totally immersive for me, because of how much stuff you actually had to do with the controller. Here, it's basically just flick the stick one way or the other and hit a button once in awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented it for 3 days and finished it in 2, then rented it again to get the plat. I really enjoyed it, more than I thought I would, but it's 100% story so it depends on what your taste.

I think it's a game everyone should play, the story is awesome, the graphics are awesome, and the gameplay may not be your thing but it's worth playing.

I'd rent it if I were you.

Edited by Annare_
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, it's not really a game in the traditional sense but knowing it's a David Cage game, why expect more than what he knows?! It does annoy me people giving him so much shit when Telltale do it all the time,but that's accepted?.. Personally, although a bit odd paced at times, I loved it. Top performances from Ellen Page & Willem Dafoe.

Seeing the PS4 version in 1080p though, I'd recommend that over the PS3 version.

• 6 months later...

Game is good, like the story and opt to choose just like heavy rain, if you planning to get trophies might be a bit annoying to play from the beggining or replay chapters but well its not that annoying like in heavy rain though. 

For me its 1 time game as long u finish u prefer go for another game. Well my opinion only. Still playing last few trophies.

• 1 year later...

I somehow stopped playing this game more than 3 years ago because I didn't like the tragic and depressing story but now finally decided to go through the hassle of platting it. The story is remarkable and manages to make an emotional impact on the player and yet I don't consider it a pleasant experience. I felt similarly about Game of Thrones (although that one is HUGELY worse in this regard but anyway). I appreciate how the game is crafted in a way that it makes me care so much about the MC but ironically it's this, combined with the mostly negative tone of the story, why I'm never gonna touch it again.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

It’s my favorite QD game. I have my reasons. The protagonist is a girl with a painful story. I’m a girl too and I could identify myself with Jodie and with her struggles. Besides, I always prefer more personal and intimate stories and, between HR, BTS and Detroit, I don’t think there’s any question that Beyond is the one that tells the more personal and emotional story. Out of the three games, Beyond was the one that impacted me more, emotionally.

• Like 1