Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dehj309

A Heads Up

23 posts in this topic

The online servers have not been up for a few years now, so it is impossible to gain the online trophies, which is a shame. So, if you are all about having 100% completion, do not play this game... Fun enough single player game though.

Edited by dehj309

This is why games shouldn't have online trophies.

Also, DLC trophies should only be added to your list if you've downloaded the DLC.

This was supposed to be my first Platinum trophy but the stupid servers were shut down :( , I am still devastated by it, since Lord of the Rings: Return of the King was my first PS2 game so I wanted Lord of the Rings: Conquest to be first one for PS3, why EA.....why did you betray me.

why2_zpscf3a7e19.gif

Edited by TheVader66

I remember pre-ordering this game and playing it a lot. But that was on my old account and I have wanted to buy it again and play it on my new account. Mostly because I would like to play the game again but also to get the trophies on the account that I actually use. But with the servers down (as I have suspected) there's no chance that I'll buy this again.

Though I must say that if the servers had still been up it would probably be near impossible to get the games needed for the platinum. I'm thinking mainly of the trophy you have to get in capture the ring or what it was called. Usually over time the only game modes people play online is something like deathmatch or conquest.

To sum up - online/co-op trophies are complete bullcrap! I can't stand trophies were you rely on other people... Unless the whole game is a co-op game or something like that, and I tend to stay away from games like that.

Not that it matters at this point, but all the trophies could be boosted with 2 people.  My brother and I did it many, many moons ago and had a blast.  I still need to play War in the North, I still have my fingers crossed it hit NA PS+ for free at some point.

Meh... I thought that servers got back online but it seems we are just discussing things.

Well, I agree with all you guys. Nothing to add. Except that dlc trophies count towards the percentage because companies want to. Otherwise, their sales would be siginificantly less.

This is why i hate mp trophies once the server is shut down its impossible the get the online trophies

They should have never shut down the servers in the first place

Games like these should have a LAN option or something. Hook up 3 or 4 PS3s and play with your friends or something.

Hey guys i need help!

Do anyone still have a complete save game to share? Thankss

Hey guys i need help!

Do anyone still have a complete save game to share? Thankss

No. That is cheating. You are not allowed to use complete or modified save files to unlock trophies. Please NEVER  ask for save files again otherwise, if you use them, you will be removed from the leaderboards for cheating.

No. That is cheating. You are not allowed to use complete or modified save files to unlock trophies. Please NEVER  ask for save files again otherwise, if you use them, you will be removed from the leaderboards for cheating.

Lol i don't need them for trophies since online servers are closed and there's no way to get the platinum.

I need the save game to play at the highest difficullty because i wanna have fun with a friend of mine trying to beat the game directly at the highest difficulty without having to play it twice to unlock it (since we already did that like 2 years ago on xbox360 but he lost the cd)

Edited by greatfede

Lol i don't need them for trophies since online servers are closed and there's no way to get the platinum.

I need the save game to play at the highest difficullty because i wanna have fun with a friend of mine trying to beat the game directly at the highest difficulty without having to play it twice to unlock it (since we already did that like 2 years ago on xbox360 but he lost the cd)

Why not just play it through again?

Why not just play it through again?

I'm gonna play with a friend, we don't wanna play it 2 times.

It would be cool to play it on highest difficulty, so that's why i'm hoping to find a save, otherwise we'll stick to the regular difficult setting...

Edited by greatfede

I'm gonna play with a friend, we don't wanna play it 2 times.

It would be cool to play it on highest difficulty, so that's why i'm hoping to find a save, otherwise we'll stick to the regular difficult setting...

Google it... I'm not going to tell you what to google, but you should be able to figure that out by yourself. Also, depending on the save, you may or may not need a cfw console. Now I am not condoning this behaviour, but it is a possibility to go down.

Google it... I'm not going to tell you what to google, but you should be able to figure that out by yourself. Also, depending on the save, you may or may not need a cfw console. Now I am not condoning this behaviour, but it is a possibility to go down.

I already tried with google but i couldn't find anything...

I tried this forum hoping to find a trophy hunter that also keeps his saves...  yeah i know i'm desperate xD

This was a really good game too. One of the best games I played on my 360.

Edited by Kubanga

I already tried with google but i couldn't find anything...

I tried this forum hoping to find a trophy hunter that also keeps his saves...  yeah i know i'm desperate xD

looks like you will have to play it through on the easier difficulty...

By the time this was posted, the servers had already been down for over 3 years. Again, a reason I fucking hate multiplayer trophies.

On 24.3.2017 at 8:23 PM, Dr__Jekyll said:

Can't we do nothing ? Just like they did for crysis 2 servers?

No, we cant. There is a huge difference between this one and Crysis 2: C2 was never supposed to be down. The server was broken for some reason and EA fixed it. LOTR Conquest on the other hand has been taken down by EA on purpose. No chance for it to come back.

will forever be sitting at 71% I guess :(