Does anyone know why this isn't getting a platinum?

It still nagging at me that this game is only a check mark while the first season was a platinum. Is there any reason why they made the sequel the way they did for the trophies?

My guess? They're saving the plat for the disc based version. And it will come out, it's just a matter of time.

It still nagging at me that this game is only a check mark while the first season was a platinum. Is there any reason why they made the sequel the way they did for the trophies?

The first one had an easy platinum to drag more people to play the game, the feedback was so great that the 2nd season doesn't need easy trophies because nobody plays this game for trophies, pure enjoyment only

• Like 1

I love the series it not that it not having a platinum will stop me from playing it. If that was the case I wouldn't have been caught up an waiting for the final episode release. After all Clem is just awesome. 

An if it comes out for the disc version than the download version will have it as well right? or would you have to buy the disc version to get the platinum {if they even give it a platinum that is}

Well, I wouldn't necessarily rule out Telltale patching the trophy list to include a platinum upon the final episode's release. However, I personally couldn't give much of a shit as I'm thoroughly enjoying the second season, irrespective of its lack of platinum. 

I've never heard of any game patching in a platinum, unless it's a separate trophy list altogether like what they did with Back to the Future. Like you, I couldn't give a flying toss if this game gets a platinum. The game is too good for me to care. 

I highly doubt the creators will be relying on a platinum trophy to boost further sales of this game. That's not to say it won't help but I would think it would be a negligible difference at best.

If there are millions of people waiting for the platinum trophy then their initial sales figures would have suffered somewhat. However, I doubt this is the case as the game has enough traction just for the story line and connection to the comics alone.

I myself am enjoying the game and really don't mind that there is no platinum as long as the 100% is achievable.

• 5 weeks later...

They probably realized the first one shouldn't have had a plat in the first place, and like an above poster mentioned, now they don't need one to drum up sales.