Could integrate Clementine into the comic book world? *Comic spoilers*

Before I start, I must say, *SPOILERS FOR BOTH VIDEO GAME AND COMICS* and, for those that don't know, the video game world is set in the same universe as the comic world. The TV series is NOT canon to to either and is set in its own universe. 

I was thinking, ONLY IF Clementine survives Season 2, and if they don't kill her off in any future seasons, that they could introduce Clementine into Rick's group at Alexandria as a regular character? 

The video game is currently in its 3rd year into the zombie apocalypse, roughly around the same time as 'All out War' in the comics. The comics is in roughly 5 years into the zombie apocalypse, so the game has some catching up to do before Clem could be introduced. I mean, it makes perfect sense to bring her into the comics if she doesn't die in the game, because we, as video game and comic fans, want to see Clem to her final days! 

It would also be great to see her in the comics, because of the interaction Clementine has had with already existing yet, deceased comic characters. These are Glenn and Hershel. In the game, at around Day 3 of the apocalypse, Lee and Clem go to Hershel's farm for a day. After Hershel's farm, Lee and Clem go to the Drug store, and meet a guy called Glenn, at the ends of the episode, he says he needs to find family, and later meets a man called Rick (the protagonist of the comics). A couple of weeks later, Rick's group settles in and the very same farm Lee and Clem were at before, Hershel's farm.

It would actually make perfect sense for Clem to be introduced meeting Maggie, considering Hershel was Maggie's Dad, and Glenn was Maggie's wife. This would create great dialogue, like "Hey! at the start of the apocalypse, I stayed at your house, and was within 10 metres of you, and we never even knew!  :awesome: ". Or, "Hey! My friend Duck killed your brother with a tractor!  :awesome: ".

Serious now, it would work, and I hope Telltale don't kill off Clemmy, and give the rights to that character to Sir Kirkman. 

What do you think, guys/gals?

(P.s: sorry for the title mistake.)

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

Personally I think it would sully the good work done by Telltale.

The game is far far far more intelligent, engrossing and clever than the comics ever were - not to take away from them, obviously the game would never exist without the comic, but lets face it, TWD is not exactly batting a great avarage - one bad comic, one bad tv show, one terrible game (the Activision one) and one great game (Telltale)

In my opinion Telltale should try to purchase the rights to the franchise whole-hog, and put an end to the other parts of the multimedia universe - or start a new comic based solely on the game-side stuff they have done so far.

• Like 2

The game is far far far more intelligent, engrossing and clever than the comics ever were - not to take away from them, obviously the game would never exist without the comic, but lets face it, TWD is not exactly batting a great avarage - one bad comic, one bad tv show, one terrible game (the Activision one) and one great game (Telltale)

In my opinion Telltale should try to purchase the rights to the franchise whole-hog, and put an end to the other parts of the multimedia universe - or start a new comic based solely on the game-side stuff they have done so far.

With all due respect, I, and many others would disagree with you saying 'one bad comic', but hey, opinions bro. But thing that will NEVER happen is Telltale taking over TWD as a whole, that is absurd. Robert Kirkman (TWD creater and current comic writer) has even said he has the next 10 years of comics' story lined up. It's never going to happen. 

With all due respect, I, and many others would disagree with you saying 'one bad comic', but hey, opinions bro. But thing that will NEVER happen is Telltale taking over TWD as a whole, that is absurd. Robert Kirkman (TWD creater and current comic writer) has even said he has the next 10 years of comics' story lined up. It's never going to happen.

of course I know that wont happen, but a man can dream!

I wonder if anything will happen in the comic in the next 10 years? ;)

I did givr the comics thier due consideration, (im a big comic book fan in genral) but I just couldn't find anyhing to keep me interested,

A-fucking-men to that  :yay:

I did givr the comics thier due consideration, (im a big comic book fan in genral) but I just couldn't find anyhing to keep me interested,

What issue did you read up to ?

A-fucking-men to that  :yay:

Surprised to see comic haters.. I think the TV show is excellent but we can all agree it doesn't come anywhere close to Telltale's game (and the comics) in quality :D And we can also all agree that Activision's game was a load of crap too  :awesome:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, to everyone, let's try keep on topic instead of slating the other media, what do you all think of bringing Clementine into the comics?

Surprised to see comic haters.. I think the TV show is excellent but we can all agree it doesn't come anywhere close to Telltale's game (and the comics) in quality :D And we can also all agree that Activision's game was a load of crap too  :awesome:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, to everyone, let's try keep on topic instead of slating the other media, what do you all think of bringing Clementine into the comics?

Just like last time I saw you, Willman the KFC awesomeness is correct as heck that I loving it except I don't really like the tv show of TWD at all. :(

Haven't read the comic before so things will be surprising on what TT will do next.

It's not that I hate the comics, they're essentially a freeloader - they've overstayed their welcome with no concrete solution in sight. Rick has gone under ridiculous circumstances yet he still hasn't been properly killed off? Most, if not all, of the plotlines revolve around an opposite group battling Rick's over petty bullshit. That's just my opinion, though :P

Clementine will never hit the comics: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/25/sdcc-2014-skybounds-the-walking-dead-panel-recap

The problem with the comics, and I've read over a hundred issues, is that it's not gone anywhere in ten years. Felt the same way back in 2009 when it was around issue 65, returned to it last year and read up to date and nothing had changed. I mentioned in another thread the problem is that for a zombie apocalypse there isn't actually anywhere for a story to go. The fun is in the collapse of society, and the initial aftermath, beyond that you only have the same handful of recurring stories possible.

In another ten years of the comic, you can expect to see more of the following:

An attempt is made to form a settlement.

A settlement comes under attack from walkers/humans.

A settlement collapses due to walkers/humans.

A period of time on the road looking for a new place to settle.

The dangers of walkers/humans while on the road.

Occasional core character deaths to add drama and a sense of danger.

Occasional new core characters to keep up the numbers of active cast, knowing in advance they exist only to die at some future point.

And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. There's nothing else really, it's not like they are going to suddenly find a happy ending because the world is gone. Utterly gone. Kirkman didn't even make the most of the initial outbreak, he did the whole "I've been sleeping for a month guys, what did I miss?" beginning. Could have shown, with the virtually unlimited art budget of a comic book, society crashing down in the way all zombie aficionados enjoy. Nope, straight to the small groups of survivors forming then falling apart then reforming arc.

I'm not hating on the comic, it's positively "alright". But in ten years, you'd think there would be some kind of direction to it. The TV show is the same, just crashing through the cycle of limited story options one by one. It's why the best zombie movies are two hours, have a specific destination, and do not outstay their welcome.

• Like 2

Surprised to see comic haters.. I think the TV show is excellent but we can all agree it doesn't come anywhere close to Telltale's game (and the comics)

Read the first 3 Trade Paperbacks, so issue 18ish I guess? The first year and a half? Something like that. Like I said, I did give it a chance, but I do remember it was around the same time I read Y: The Last Man, so my standards for post - apocalyptic comics was very high at that time!

Short answer: No.

While one may debate on the quality of the comics and in how far such has dropped over the years is a discussion of its own and isn't really important to my point anyway.

Reason 1: Creative Freedom

When a character is shared between two sides of writers one the following has to happen:

1. The two portrayals of the character do not add up and ruin the characterisation on either side.

Or 2. The two sides come to an agreement on what to do with the character, limiting both sides creative possibilities on what to do with the character.

And 3. Killing off that character would be very hard, eliminating the tension of the life-death scenarios either side throws at you.

Reason 2: Player Identification

I think we can all agree on the fact that the reason Clementine (and Lee) are such strong characters is that the characterisation is done by us, the players. We influence their actions and many players will end up viewing their Lee and Clementine entirely different than we do. Now the same applies to this situation: If Clementine is introduced into the comics, it might not be your Clementine but the Clementine how Robert Kirkman (the writer of the comics) imagines her to be.

Edited by HappyKastanie
  • Like 1

i actually liked the survival instinct game! I platted it too