wolverine table tips

skidmarkgn

Since I haven't really... and I use this term loosely, "mastered" any of the other tables I'm gonna just focus giving tips for one table at a time, starting with the Wolverine table.

The left saucer:

The first and most important rule of this table is to master shooting into the left saucer (the one that spells "snikt").

Almost everything this table has to offer revolves around getting the ball into that saucer in one way or another, the Sentinel, Sabertooth and Samurai missions all require you to be able to hit that shot (I guess the Sentinel mission doesn't actually require it but you'll get a ton more points if you can) as do two of the three trophies.

shooting off of the very tip of the right flipper (from the holding position) will get the ball into the saucer 90% of the time and I would definitely recommend practicing that shot until you got it down.

Claw Save:

The ball save on this table, called "claw save" is quite easy to keep active. Spelling "snikt" by hitting the all important left saucer five times will activate the claw save, no matter how the ball goes out of play, be it through the middle or down the greedy outer lanes claw save will throw it back into play. Activating the claw save is also a great way to practice nailing the saucer shot. I definitely recommend keeping it active at all times

Getting 100 million + points:

I know some people out there don't think 100 million points is a super high score but for most of us it's a pretty good goal to shoot for.

The most effective ways that I know of to achieve this are the sentinel mission and the fastball mode.

The Sentinel mission (I believe) is activated by hitting the purple bumpers at the top-right of the screen enough times. Usually putting the ball through either orbit will get you there and the orbits are super easy to hit. Once the Sentinel is "acquiring the target" you have a brief window to shoot the ball into either one of the saucers (there's the left saucer shot coming into play again) if you can do it quickly the point value of a successful hit goes way way up. The only shot that can be difficult during the actual Sentinel fight is the ramp next to the Samurai ramp, try shooting the ball off of the right flipper when it is about 2/3's of the way down from the hold position, the other two shots are the samurai ramp and the fastball ramp, both of which are easy. After 6 hits the sentinel will lose his head for 30 seconds, during this time shooting either orbit (which are the easiest shots on the table) will usually drop the ball into the bumpers, each hit in the bumpers is worth 1 million points, I've gotten anywhere from 6 million to 15 million per shot and usually there's enough time for at least 4-5 shots. After the sentinel repairs himself and stands just repeat the process.

Fastball doesn't yield quite as many points but you can still rack up a good chunk. Hitting the fastball ramp (the ramp in between the right orbit and the bumpers) 5 times will activate "fastball mode". In fast ball mode the drag from the ramps/orbits is removed and you get either 1 million or 500,000 points, depending on the speed of the ball, per shot. I'm not a huge fan of fastball myself just because it can be kind of hectic and the greedy left outlane tends to gobble up the ball more often than not

Some say the Sabertooth is also a good way to rack up the points, and it is (not to mention it will net you a trophy), but the Sentinel mission is much easier. If you're interested, shooting the ball into the center spinner of the table will initiate a countdown from 365. Usually hitting it in there once will drop the timer by 30-60 points, you can increase the speed but it doesn't change much. Once the timer reaches 0 the battle begins. Hitting Sabertooth requires you to first hit one of the saucers (hopefully you've mastered hitting the left saucer) to activate the four targets in the spinner, then you have about 10 seconds to hit one or more of said targets, if you're lucky you can hit more than one target with one shot but it's rare. The process of hitting the saucer then the spinner four times must be done in 90 seconds or less. If you defeat him the spinner will open up for about 30 seconds and shooting the ball in it will get you huge points, usually between 15-20 million.

Of course The Last Page mission, aka "wizard mode", will net you a ton of points as well, problem is you have to first complete every mission on the table to activate it. I definitely recommend trying to get there at least once just to prove to yourself that you can but beyond that there's much easier ways to shoot your score to the moon.

For completionists:

I feel that I should at least outline the Samurai mission and the hand ninja mission for those who want to do it all.

The Samurai:

hitting the little tin sea-saw on the upper left/ middle-ish ramp will give you an EXTREMELY brief window to shoot one of the saucers (left saucer all day long). The ball will immediately come down to the right flipper and you can try ti hit it straight away but I would recommend trying to pass the ball via a table bump to the left flipper and pass it back to the right so you can have a more controlled shot. If you hit a saucer in time then the ball lock on the samurai ramp will activate. Shoot that ramp and the samurai will take the ball as his trophy. Doing this three times completes the mission.

The Hand Ninja's:

Easiest mission on the table, and the only one that doesn't involve hitting the left saucer. Hitting the regeneration tank (the big green tube) with the upper right flipper will put the ball into an alternate launcher on the left side. As a side note, hitting the flipper button while the ball is on the wires above the ninja's will give you a chance at a trophy, it drops the ball straight down and if you hit one of the ninja's the trophy will pop. Once the ball is back on the table the 3 ninja's will be in the center of the table. Hit their shield with the ball and they will go away, once all 3 are gone it's mission complete. Just beware, the ball will do everything it can to go out of play while doing this mission because the table is essentially cut in half.

If I manage to get good enough at anymore tables I'll do my best to make a tips section for them as well :)

• Like 4

My pleasure :) I'll do anything I can to get people to notice this criminally overlooked game.

its not overlooked... i looked at it two or three times and every time it told me to go F*CK myself... you were there, you saw it happen!!!

but, NICE TIP BY THE WAY!!! :awesome:

I use to play pinball all the time on windows and i use to KILL... i would get crazy high scores... but when i play Marvel pinball for some reason i suck...