Thoughts on the Trophy List

Yeah I like the trophy images, their grittier and fit the theme of the game better and the cover art of the game obviously.

But on  the other hand loving the factions just like how I did on PS3, will be another fun platinum.

I am also looking for decent people (preferably with mics) to play factions with! Add me if you like, I am a very cooperative and engaging teammate to have on your side. If you add me please send in the friend request that you added me thru psnprofiles! If not I will ignore. I appreciate it!!

Adding the DLC trophies to the base game's trophies couldn't have been possible, as the points would cross the 1230 limit for a base game by a big chunk.

I'm suprised and happy to see they changed the 8 silver DLC trophies. I didn't expect that from ND.

Shame they weren't that way from the beginning, on the PS3, I would have got myself a 100% if so but there's no point in complaining about things that can't get changed so I'll have to accept a 9th game without 100% on my list. 

Edited by MrCostari

• 7 years later...

I'm a casual / recreational / periodic trophy hunter and this list is terrible to me - find all this, find all that, collect all this, collect all that. You can only do it by following a video guide which kills all fun of playing and hunting, there is no way you will find and collect everything on your own even if you play the game five times in a row, better to just forget about trophies as such.

• Like 1

Doesn't The Last of Us give you a counter of every collectible, broken down by chapter? 

You should be able to just play, collect what you find in your playthroughs, then mop up the last few at the end by checking which chapters you missed something in.

50 minutes ago, lettmon said:

I'm a casual / recreational / periodic trophy hunter and this list is terrible to me - find all this, find all that, collect all this, collect all that. You can only do it by following a video guide which kills all fun of playing and hunting, there is no way you will find and collect everything on your own even if you play the game five times in a row, better to just forget about trophies as such.

Most of Naughty Dog's trophy lists are pretty poor - TLOU2's list is pretty much entirely comprised of collectibles and crafting, and the lists for the first 3 Uncharted games were almost identical (barring the MP DLC for the sequels).

Some of TLOU's collectibles are very well hidden, especially the Firefly pendants that are hanging from trees, but the point is to encourage you to explore the game, rather than simply running to the end of each area.

47 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Doesn't The Last of Us give you a counter of every collectible, broken down by chapter? 

You should be able to just play, collect what you find in your playthroughs, then mop up the last few at the end by checking which chapters you missed something in.

It does, yes.  Chapter Select shows you a complete breakdown of collectibles, so you can see whether you missed a comic in chapter 6, or a training manual and a pendant in chapter 8, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lettmon said:

It's not the best in terms of going in blind but you can do a blind playthrough first and then go back to mop up all the collectibles. 

Also, you need to beat the game twice anyways because of the New Game+ trophies so it's not too bad all-in.