Should I Wait for a Complete Edition of Dark Souls II?

breathnac

So I just played through all of the first Dark Souls and am dying to play this one. The graphics look amazing and way more fluid than the original. But now since they announced this DLC trilogy I'm at a crossroads. I'd much rather like to buy a GOTY or Complete edition of DSII with all the dlc bundled together rather than buying them all separate and digitally. But, I did hear that they might not do a bundle for the ps3 like with AotA for DSI.

So heres my question: should I wait for a complete edition to be released (which may never happen) to get all of them together possibly on a physical disc (preferred) or cave in and satiate my suicidal lust now and go out and buy a copy at Gamestop.

What do you guys think?

It's just $20 I think (for the Season Pass) and plus, if you wait untl the supposed Complete Edition comes out, you will be missing on the bulk of players that are actually completing Dark Souls and you will experience a more barren game. My advise is just go for it.

It's just $20 I think (for the Season Pass) and plus, if you wait untl the supposed Complete Edition comes out, you will be missing on the bulk of players that are actually completing Dark Souls and you will experience a more barren game. My advise is just go for it.

Normally this is true, but Souls games tend to have a very long lasting community.  I didn't have a problem running into people when I platinumed Dark Souls earlier this year, and it came out in 2011.

If you're eager to play it just buy it. Down the road if you want a physical copy which may include DLC on disc just buy a used copy for dirt cheap. If they don't release a version with DLC on disc and it ends up being a code for digital download, you just caused yourself to miss out for a long time on an unbelievable game. Go buy it!

The only platinums I have are in Souls games that should tell you something ha!

Edited by Altergigo
  • Like 1

I think you should cave in and just get the game now as its a really great game. As you said there may not even be a complete edition released.

If you do get the game now then i think it would be best to wait for all the DLC to be released first before buying the season pass. Just so you know the quality of the DLC and if its worth it to you or not. 

The first piece of DLC has been alright so far but i can't answer if it was worth the £20 i paid for it

Edited by Yoshi
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for such quick responses Altergigo you said it that's exactly what I'm afraid of and you're right id prob be waiting a year at least. I'm going to buy it tomorrow, I think I just needed a little push.

See you guys in Drangleic!!

• Like 1

I hope you've got it! :) There's people who say the first two were way better, but I gave myself a shot and enjoyed it soooo much. It is fun, when you know how to defeat bosses and pass through areas it can become a quick, funny game. And the best of all, play with your friends for an enjoyable game or play alone for a bit of challenge.

Good luck and hope to see you in Drangleic :)

• 1 year later...