What Features would you love to see come to PS4?

CreativePolicy

Trophies that ding and indications when friends log on/off

It's hard trying to boost something when your waiting for friends to come online and have to check a million times to see if their on

^This!!!

I want the trophies to have a loud ping again where I won't be stuck wondering if I missed something. The indications for when friends log in is pretty important to me too for the exact same reasons.

Edit: I know this is for the PS4, but I'd also like to see all my friends that are online when I'm on my PS3.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 2

Trophies that ding and indications when friends log on/off

It's hard trying to boost something when your waiting for friends to come online and have to check a million times to see if their on

^This!!!

I want the trophies to have a loud ping again where I won't be stuck wondering if I missed something. The indications for when friends log in is pretty important to me too for the exact same reasons.

This is exactly what I want in a future update. I would also like to be able sort my games list to alphabetical order like on Ps3.

Just got a PS4 on Friday and my biggest complant can be fixed very easily. I don't understand why it didn't launch with the feature. I want to be able to pause my downloads. I have a 100gb data cap and they like to charge me crazy overage fees. I bought Injustice digital and it is a 20gb download. I want to download 10gb of it before my billing period is over and then download the other 10gb when the next month starts. Instead, I have to download all 20gb and hope that I don't go over my limit. Patches and DLC are huge files now and I would hate to not be able to download a patch or DLC because of fear of going over.

• Like 1

Apps:

YouTube, HBO GO, Twitch (the app)

Functions:

The ability to accept party/game invites and check messages from the notification as Xbox can, the ability to sort trophies by date as PS3 can, wallpaper, custom in game avatar (not the one you can upload from the PSN app), the ability to remove games from your trophy library if you have not earned any trophies in that game, lastly, this is more of a Vita request, the ability to project the Vita onto the TV through PS4 as you can with PS4 to Vita.

PS - I heart my PS4!

I share the same sentiments as most people.

Trophies:

- Offline Viewing of PS4 Trophies.

- Separation of PS4, PS3 and Vita Trophy Lists.

- Separation of PSN Trophies (that is, online connectivity required) from offline trophies. Sniper Elite 3 you filthy culprit.

System:

- Ability to Pause Downloads

- Something like a notifier that, when you boot up a game with multiplayer components, it tells you which people are also playing and allowing you to join in on them appropriately. Would be nice.

- A Guide Maker App. People can take their footage captured through sharing and use an overall editor made for the purposes of guiding other players, which in turn can be re-edited by the PS4 community. It goes on further to actually pop in during gameplay at the right place should people want it after being officiated by Sony and the developer.

- The ability to change the XMB and account features. I wouldn't mind being able to import images and tracks from my games to the main menu, as well as PS4 avatars and themes.

We also need a PS4 fighting game that kicks ass. Make Delsin broken and Knack relevant, as I say.

• Like 1

-Friend Online/Offline notifications

-Ability to pause downloads (Not all of us have the internet speeds to handle more than one download at a time)

-UI themes/ability to display wallpaper

Why those above three weren't featured in the PS4 at launch, and still not today, is absurd.

Few other nitpicks:

-Trophies should be able to be seen while offline

-Put avatars on the PS4 PS Store

-UI overhaul - the current UI is an unorganized mess for the app section, allow us to organize the way we want such as games being in one column, or just include disc games in the Library

-"What's New" revision - again another mess, especially with different sized blocks. At least organize the three columns into Trophies, General Activity, and PS News or something similar

They should fix the message feature on the ps4. Every time I log onto my PS4 I get the same messages I received on my PS3. It's annoying.  -_-

Yes to this. Being told by my PS3, PS4, and mobile device that the same message is "new" is indeed annoying.

I would love to see more support for PS3 peripherals. I will pass on PS4 racing games if I can't use my wheel. If the Move is fully compatible, it shouldn't be that hard.

Hoping for a Blu-Ray/media remote some time soon. Our PS3 is seeing a lot more use these days largely because of this. Not sure why Sony is dragging their feet on first party accessories. Isn't this supposed to be easy money?

For me the biggest improvement they could make at the moment is to unclutter the UI. As it is its just a massive list of icons in no particular order (i know its the most recent used).

They should limit the icons to the last 5 or so most recently used apps and then put the rest away in folders for each category.

Definitely the ability to rearrange and customize the home screen. 

Not sure on friends popping up every time they come online. Since getting my Vita I've found it quite irritating getting informed that one friend is going on and offline X amount of times every 10 minutes. Then add in all my other friends coming on. I have a small friends list, can't imagine how annoying this could become as that list grows. 

1. I would like to see that option of join a friend's game for a few just to see if it was a game that you might want to play. 

2. Or the option they promised where if you or a firend is having trouble getting pass a part in a game.  You can grant access to your game and they can play it for you to help you get pass. 

3. The feature of fix the damn CE-34878-0 error that has been happening since the 1.70 update.  FIX IT! :angry: :angry: :angry:

4. To release the option to upload videos to youtube already.

• Like 1